what's worse: crawling bugs or flying bugs?

• 68 results
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Poll what's worse: crawling bugs or flying bugs? (128 votes)

flying bugs 39%
crawling bugs 27%
they both freak me out equally 34%

so I have a mild form of bugphobia, whatever hte name of that is.

and by mild I mean heavy.

so, I am (obviously) freaked out when bugs get into my room, and as I live in LV cockroaches were more prevalent and they freaked me out, but really it's the flying ones that freak me out more because they're more mobile. I mean, I can get away from a cockroach if I really wanted to but flying bugs are harder to avoid. also allergic to bee stings

so what say you?

• 
Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Flying bugs are dumb and will land on things and make themselves easy to kill. Crawling bugs will hide underneath stuff, plotting how they're going to crawl all over you in the middle of the night while you're sleeping.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Flying Bugs.

Bugs in general don't freak me out. So what 'bugs' (HAH!) me about flying bugs is that they are usually loud fuckers and hard to kill.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

real talk: fuck bugs.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

I've seen giant ass flying cockroaches before. It's fucking gross.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Flying cause flying enemies are always the worst in video games and thus that logic translates to anything flying.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tough question. Flying because once you lose track of it, it can be anywhere. They also tend to go right for my face when flying and I hate that. The only time crawling beats flying is if the crawler can also jump.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

The way wasps and bees sorta hover always makes me anxious, plus the way moths always flutter about in your face will result in me me spazzing out waving my hands everywhere. But if we were to include arachnids in this poll, then nothing tops the slow crawl of a spider or a daddy long legs.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen giant ass flying cockroaches before. It's fucking gross.

oh god I saw one of those too. It totally came out of my fucking uh AC vent and I didn't sleep that night.

it was the fucking worst thing I've ever seen, I was traumatized for a week :(

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TobbRobb

Fuck all bugs equally.

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Flying bugs, mainly due to those little fucks,if those would die I would be o so happy... let the spider invade, at least here there are no venomous ones.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TyCobb

I would say flying freaks me out more. When you have things like wasps, yellow jackets, and giant carpenter bees that buzz by your ear out of nowhere, it is pretty damn freaky. It always freaks me out and I end up immediately running inside.

Crawling bugs can easily be squished and aren't as frightening to me.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TruthTellah

Flying bugs, obviously. You can manage avoiding and even killing crawling bugs, but flying bugs are nuts!

*sees a flying bug*

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I hate all motherfucking bugs, even the ones that are essential to our survival. Kill them all!

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aterons said:
No Caption Provided

Flying bugs, mainly due to those little fucks,if those would die I would be o so happy... let the spider invade, at least here there are no venomous ones.

This! Fuck those things.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well flying cockroaches can do both D:

those are some nasty fuckers.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crawling

goddamn spiders

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

There's a reasons the saying goes "creepy crawlers"

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I live in Australia, so I've seen a whole mess of fucked up shit when it comes to bugs - but I can live with most of them. Roaches are horrid, but I keep my shit sprayed down on the regular so they don't come near my room or places in my house that I frequent. Spiders are actually pretty cool - I'd never fucking touch one ever, but if there's one in the corner of my room, that's fine.

Why?

Because spiders kill the fuck out of flying bugs and flying bugs are the worst thing in the fucking world.

I've left (read: fled) rooms because there were wasps in them. Moths seem to have no fucking fear anymore either - they just fly at you whenevs, the bastards. Flys are effing bigger and bigger every year...

Fuck.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, because they are all disturbing by their very nature.

That said, arachnids are fine to me, for some reason. I actually like spiders. (but some of them still elicit a large "NOPE" from me, like Huntsmans)

Flying insects may have the edge, though, because nothing paralyzes me faster than a bee, hornet, or wasp flying up to check me out. I feel like I'm being mugged... "Do what you want, bee, just put the weapon down!". Good thing I'm not allergic, or the terror levels would be through the roof.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am terrified of crawling bugs. There's something about the them that creeps me out. Flying bugs are ok, they're mostly just annoying but crawling are horrible.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@moab said:

crawling

goddamn spiders

Fuck those things. I found one in my room in FEBRUARY. There's 3 inches of snow on the ground, they should be dead.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SlashDance

I live in a place where the worst thing a flying bug can do to you is land on your monitor at night, so I don't mind them. Spiders, though... These motherfuckers need to go instinct.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@moab said:

crawling

goddamn spiders

Fuck those things. I found one in my room in FEBRUARY. There's 3 inches of snow on the ground, they should be dead.

Oh, by the way - during rain or snow, spiders migrate to sheltered areas. Welcome to the fun fun world of spider-filled homes during winter!

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crawlers by far.

fucking centipedes man UGH

earwigs? UGH, that shit will crawl in your ear and lay eggs! IN YOUR EAR!

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why can't all bugs just stay outside like in Animal Crossing. (Yeah...Yeah roaches...ugh)

Boombastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flying bugs. When they start to fly I start to run for my life.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate spiders a lot, anything that crawls on my floor will die and rot.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are shitloads of bugs here in Australia and most of them don't bother me, except for these mother fuckers:

No Caption Provided

They are the worst, silent and stealthy, you don't notice them until you start to itch and the welts are appearing. They'll even drop off of ceilings or trees onto you and climb under your shirt. Apparently they even cause horse abortions. Crawling are definitely the worst.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In real life, crawling, because they are bigger and grosser. In video games, flying, because flying enemies are annoying to hit.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Nictel
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Insects don't really bother me, but during the summer flying ones, simply because of the noise they make and how hard they are to catch.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Flying bugs usually can crawl too so they're a real pain. Crawlies I can live with or smack them out if need be. I draw the line at centipedes and

@radecau said:
No Caption Provided

these things, though. They freak me out.

It's a good idea to keep a cat or let a couple of spiders live because they will murder all the horrible bugs.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Flying bugs. It's a pest that has complete mobility: Horse Flies, Wasps, Mosquitoes, etc, etc. These bother me more than any crawling bug ever could.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we including spiders in bugs? Cause if so, spiders can fuck right on out of my life. For forever. Times two. Please. PLEASE.

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how come I can't pick neither

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bugs don't bother me that bad, but I chose flying because I'm still trying to get over a phobia of bees. I use to play paintball every weekend but am still terrified of a single bee flying by my head and the thought of it stinging me.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Are we including spiders in bugs? Cause if so, spiders can fuck right on out of my life. For forever. Times two. Please. PLEASE.

Yeah, this right here, pretty much. I can ignore, or at least just casually back the fuck away from most bugs, but spiders leave me paralyzed in fear. I have to run across the room and throw shit at it and hope I hit it. Fuck'em.

Wasps are a pain, but I see them pretty regularly here in Summer, and they're usually pretty easy to deal with.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Winternet

Ahhh get it off, get it off!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I hate bugs. They make me EEK. Ironic considering how desensitized to them I used to be as a kid. Flying... not flying... it makes no difference. I think the turning point was being stung for the first time ever when I was a teen by an incredibly stupid bee which was sucked into our car and managed to get stuck under my armpit, and in its rage against the big old thing which didn't even know it existed, it stung me as its final act of life. From there on out I've just been annoyed/freaked out by every type of insect, be it visible or microscopic enough to avoid the human eye.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

Flying bugs. With crawling ones it's like "I'm over here now and it's gonna be a while until I can get over to you and you can trap me pretty easily so it's all good man". With flying ones they'll be far away one second and then a second later it's like "guess what chump now I'm all up in your punk-ass face ain't nothing you can do about it bitch". And they often make noise, whereas crawling bugs are usually quiet.

I mean, they're both bad, but once I was in the passenger seat of a car driving at over 100 km/h and discovered that there was a wasp in there, and the only reason I didn't just open the door and jump out was that it was too tired to fly around and just slowly crawled (it had probably been stuck in there for a while). I'd rather risk breaking a couple of bones than stay in a tiny enclosed space with a fully functional wasp.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 6 feet 7 inches of former college athlete badassitude that doesn't scare easy.

That being said, I squeal like a school child and run the other way whenever I see a June bug.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#46  Edited By pyromagnestir

I fucking hate the buzzing sound a flying bug makes when it's circling around your head. Mosquitoes, bees, ladybugs, it doesn't fucking matter, any bug that gives my ear a fly by must pay the ultimate price.

Bugs don't otherwise perturb me unless they crawl/land on my person, in which case, again, they must die for their transgressions.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I don't have a problems bugs. In fact I actually like all types of bugs and respect them to a degree. In terms of which one most annoying when they are bothering me I go with flying bugs because they make a lot of noise and had to catch/kill.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crawling bugs get you in your sleep man!!!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all you bug sympathizers make me sick

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I was already terrified enough of bees and wasps. That thing looks terrifying on-screen; if I ever saw one in real life, it wouldn't have to sting me because I would have already died of shock and fear.

So thanks for strengthening my distaste for the not-so-great outdoors!