• 54 results
#1 Posted by Tonylope (194 posts) -

I was just watching a documentary about dinosaurs when the thought popped into my head, "I wonder what a dinosaur would taste like." I mean really, what would they taste like? I imagine that the larger ones might taste a bit like a whale, considering that they're so massive. But then if they're related to birds, maybe they'd taste a bit more like chicken or turkey?

My guess is that something like a Velociraptor would be pretty tasty, like a big turkey. I'm sure it would be delicious with the right herbs and spices.

So what are your thoughts? Are there any specific dinosaurs you'd really like to chow down on? Perhaps a Tyrannosaurus T-bone steak or maybe a Stegosaurus pie?

#2 Posted by Brodehouse (9952 posts) -

Brontosaurus. Or brachiosaurus.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -

For some reason, I get the feeling a Triceratops would taste the best

#4 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Brontosaurus. Or brachiosaurus.

Yea I thought the same. Maybe even the Diplodocus.

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

T-Rex is my favorite, it's delicious. Trust me, I know.

#6 Posted by PenguinDust (12523 posts) -

Brontosaurus. The ribs are worth any potential damage.

#7 Posted by Ashuku (215 posts) -

Hadrosaurid

Also, this is now my favorite thread.

#8 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Sleeveofwizardsaurus.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11956 posts) -

Velociraptors would taste like chicken.

#10 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3408 posts) -

The Mac & Cheese Dinosaur

#11 Posted by Purpz (81 posts) -

pterosaurs, their the most likely to taste like chicken. Mmmmmm, chicken.

#12 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

Not a dinosaur, but I'd like to try Megalodon

#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Bigmacosaurous with a side of fryadon and a medium cokealadon.

#14 Posted by believer258 (11923 posts) -
Velociraptor would be pretty tasty, like a big turkey.

I haven't seen Jurassic Park in a long time now.

Anyway, probably a brontosaurus. They would be something like a giant cow.

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Not a dinosaur, but I'd like to try Megalodon

Eh, I've heard that Megidolaon is tastier.

#16 Posted by StealthRaptor (529 posts) -
#17 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3154 posts) -

I'm guessing that a Velociraptor would taste nice.

#18 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

Stegosaurus, or any dinosaur that would have a lot of fatty parts due to not much exercise

#19 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

The turkey ones :)

Man, now I really want turkey dinosaurs :(

#20 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

T-Rex isn't bad, just be sure to make it bloody and dump A1 all over that shit and it becomes pretty enjoyable.

#21 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...they'd all taste like chicken...

#22 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

T-Rex isn't bad, just be sure to make it bloody and dump A1 all over that shit and it becomes pretty enjoyable.

Why would you use A1?

Dinosaurs were birds.

#23 Edited by Cubical (637 posts) -

Oh and the shasta yoshi apple soda taste like yoshi piss and its s fucking fantasic as the rest of him.

#24 Posted by Village_Guy (2581 posts) -

How the -fucking hell- should I know that?

No. How should I even have any kind of idea about that?

Actually since it seems like they might be related to birds, I bet they all tastes like chicken... or shit.

#25 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

Baryonyx. Its primary diet was fish and it's basically a giant chicken. Best of both worlds!

I was going to say Hadrosaurs because they're basically the dinosaur equivalent to cows, but then I remembered that beef is actually a tremendously boring meat and everyone is crazy for liking it so much.

#26 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Considering evolution, i guess they would taste like chicken.

#27 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

We should try cloning them and find out.

#28 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

Wouldn't they taste a lot like crocodile?? People actually eat that stuff so we should ask them... or maybe its alligators... I honestly have no idea what the difference is.

#29 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Wouldn't they taste a lot like crocodile?? People actually eat that stuff so we should ask them... or maybe its alligators... I honestly have no idea what the difference is.

Crocodiles are an order of animals, alligators are a particular species. People never explain it well. They always make it sound like crocodiles and alligators are different sub-species. I never learned this until recently, myself.

#30 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Yourmomacaurs.

#31 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Woah bro, thanks for the plug in.

#32 Posted by gtg12 (67 posts) -

I would try out T-rex steak first.

#33 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Gigantoraptor looks tasty! Just imagine the drumstick... and frying up them eggs. Yummy!

#34 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Deliciousaurus.

#35 Edited by bybeach (4832 posts) -

@Purpz said:

pterosaurs, their the most likely to taste like chicken. Mmmmmm, chicken.

pterosaurs wern't dinosaurs, but I quoted this because that would be my take generally. Chicken, at least for the theropods.

And sure Pterosaurs are close..warm blooded they suspect.

#36 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

@KaosAngel said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Why would you use A1?

Dinosaurs were birds.

A1 is the best I've found so far. Ketchup doesn't go well with it at all, and mustard is okay with it but in small doses. Haven't tried hot sauce yet, but I don't think it'll be good.

#37 Posted by Blackout62 (1344 posts) -

I was thinking how a T-Rex leg would taste but then it dawned on me: When was the last time I ate a carnivore? I can't actually remember so probably I would prefer one of the smaller herbivores.

#38 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Dinosaurs were not birds.

Birds are dinosaurs, technically birds are reptiles.

I'd eat a deinonychus though. it would probably taste like any other carnivore.. like shit

#39 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Velociraptor, definetly.

I mean, check that tasty motherfucker.
#40 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Anything with feathers probably tastes like chicken.

#41 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

@Otzlowe said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Crocodiles are an order of animals, alligators are a particular species. People never explain it well. They always make it sound like crocodiles and alligators are different sub-species. I never learned this until recently, myself.

Thank you

#42 Posted by DeF (4893 posts) -

@AlianthaBerries said:

Stegosaurus, or any dinosaur that would have a lot of fatty parts due to not much exercise

You mean the Steakosaurus!

Mmmmmmmmmm yummy! :D

#43 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Otzlowe said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Thank you

That was pretty close. The Order is Crocodilia, but Crocodiles belong to the Family Crocodylidae, while Alligators belong to the Family Alligatoridae. So the two creature are from the same Order, but are in fact part of different Families. So they are different species. I guess people refer to all members of the Order Crocodilia as Crocodiles, because I know I heard the "all alligators are crocodiles but not all crocodiles are alligators" thing when I was a kid. However, when speaking about specific species, Crocodiles and Alligators are different. Blame the idiots that named the Families for being as vague as humanly possible.

As for which Dinosaur I'd eat? Denver, cause he's the last one.

#44 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

Don't think a velociraptor would be very palatable, fast moving and athletic would probably mean its pretty chewy. Go for a slower, more fatty one I'd say.

#45 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Velociraptors are kinda like big turkeys. So them.

#46 Posted by Veektarius (4843 posts) -

@Otzlowe said:

Baryonyx. Its primary diet was fish and it's basically a giant chicken. Best of both worlds!

I was going to say Hadrosaurs because they're basically the dinosaur equivalent to cows, but then I remembered that beef is actually a tremendously boring meat and everyone is crazy for liking it so much.

Really? You think that chicken has more natural flavor than beef?

#47 Posted by Ulain (315 posts) -

Reading about coelacanths, sounds like people have tried them, if that counts. They taste like crap, and make you crap.

Crocodiles seem like the closest thing you could get today.

#48 Posted by RedRavN (400 posts) -

Archaeopteryx would probably be close to eating a large flying bird like an eagle or hawk (not that I recommend you eat those birds). It would probably be a bit tough, stringy and gamey but taste like a pheasant or something. Otherwise, I would think that a herbivore would definately be better tasting considering meat from large predators is generallly kind of tough and bland for the most part. You know, ceratopsian ( the order the triceratops is in) would probably be awesome. Maybe it would taste like an elephant.

#49 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1290 posts) -

Pleasiosaur (spelling sucks so i'll just say Loch Ness Monster)

#50 Edited by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

@Veektarius said:

@Otzlowe said:

Really? You think that chicken has more natural flavor than beef?

I didn't say anything about natural. However, I do definitely think that beef has a bland flavor, steak or no steak. I was being hyperbolic, but I generally dislike any meat that only tastes decent if it's still pink in the center. That texture makes me want to vomit.