What Youtube Has Become...

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RetroIce4

I used to love going to Youtube, but now it seems so terrible. It seems like Youtube is getting worse all the time. All the videos I liked to look at have  been taken down or removed for stupid reasons. Also all the companies that own music or whatever belongs to this corporation. I wouldn't feel this way but I uploaded 7 songs and every one they wouldn't put because UMG somehow owns them but they aren't even under a label anymore. Youtube is getting worse. Anybody else feel this way?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Not really. I agree that too many movies get removed for terrible reasons. But all you really have to do is look for the quality videos, the ones that actually belong on YT.

• For official music you just go to the company's YouTube page. They are legal, the best quality, and often support HD.
  • For real videos, they are hard-to-find. But here is a recommendation of a channel that has great, original videos. The key to not getting removed is to make your own work.
  • For video games, as long as it doesn't have copyrighted music then it usually doesn't get removed. Unless, for instance, the video is out before the game actually is. And is from a retail copy somebody got early.

Anyway here is one of my favorite videos from the page I hyperlinked.

Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nicholasotzs

That was hilarious. I must subscribe now.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Babble

I used to really like Vimeo over Youtube, but then they started removing any videos with video game content. Also that video posted just now is awesome.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
RetroIce4 said:
"I used to love going to Youtube, but now it seems so terrible. It seems like Youtube is getting worse all the time. All the videos I liked to look at have  been taken down or removed for stupid reasons. Also all the companies that own music or whatever belongs to this corporation. I wouldn't feel this way but I uploaded 7 songs and every one they wouldn't put because UMG somehow owns them but they aren't even under a label anymore. Youtube is getting worse. Anybody else feel this way?"
Vevo will be up soon. It's like a mix between Youtube and MTV. Basically music video tube I guess.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

Here's more great videos from the people who made the one I posted.

Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nicholasotzs

More videos! Are they from the same channel?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo
Nicholasotzs said:
"More videos! Are they from the same channel?"
Yes. I can post more if you'd like but I don't want to hijack the point of this thread. I'm just trying to show that YouTube has not become shit. It's completely based on your search preferences and whether or not you watch original, creative videos.
s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By s3ank1m

youtube changed from community run to a place where big businesses do their advertising

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

wow the flower one was great.

Anyway I get sick of videos of concerts or what not that have horrible quality. I really dont' want to watch someones cell video where you can't hear anything

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ahriman22

Once Viacom stepped their idiots selves in, most of what I liked was taken down. Thank god they don't have jurisdiction on the Japanese things posted, since I mostly watch the music videos, interviews and shows.

IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By IVIorpheus

All they're doing is cracking down on those who infringe on the copyrights....

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By artofwar420
mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikevanpwn

I'm just crushed that they pulled my Arrested Development compilation video. :(

KuroSe7en

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KuroSe7en

Not me. I think YouTube got even better. They added HD and it looks great. And most music labels now are embracing YouTube and promoting their music through there. 

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By shaun832

YouTube's starting to lose grip on what made them great, the users. YouTube's starting to ignore the users more and more gradually just so they can turn over a profit. Damn Google.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Commando

Yeah I sort of agree that youtube is starting to become way too governed, but I also agree with their reasoning.

People can download Youtube videos. It's not hard, all you have to do is click "Window-Activity-drag video file to desktop". At least with Safari. So people can steal the videos easily, and some companies don't want that.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By daniel_beck_90

YouTube is getting better and better due to overly increased popularity  .