What's the bravest thing you've ever done?

• 86 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

According to you. 

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gamefreak9

No contribution from OP? also do you mean in retrospect or in the moment?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aegon
@gamefreak9 said:

No contribution from OP? also do you mean in retrospect or in the moment?

In retrospect. 

I don't know, I need some time to think about mine. 
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

I fought a husky that was tearing apart a cat. The cat got away and now has a limp.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By jimi

This one time I said hi to a girl.

It was pretty scary.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jrad

I asked a girl out? I mean, I guess socially withdrawn middle-class suburban white kids don't really get thrust into situations where they can show off their bravery.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JasonR86

@Jimi said:

It was pretty scary.

Fuck. You stole my joke answer.

Honestly though, my actual answer is probably simply working in the field I work. I'm in-training to be a mental health therapist. Sometimes asking the questions I have to ask or going down the roads I have to go down is terrifying because every social cue is telling me not to do it. Psychotherapy is about doing what is hard and often uncomfortable to both the client and the therapist. I still get scared asking certain questions or dealing with certain issues. But the fact that I have to appear confident, under control, and competent while I'm terrified adds to the amount of courage I have to rely on to give the psychotherapy that energy it needs.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gamefreak9

Well I punched this guy in New York because he was harassing my friend, he was a blood and had a gun.

edit: I should mention this was out of love, I really loved this girl

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aegon
@gamefreak9 said:

Well I punched this guy in New York because he was harassing my friend, he was a blood and had a gun.

Is that the end of the story? He had a gun? And then...
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gamefreak9

@H2Oyea said:

@gamefreak9 said:

Is that the end of the story? He had a gun? And then...

Well he showed it to me without pointing it and he yelled some loud angry words. But this was a school event(I believe he was there selling drugs) so he was there with 1 friend of his and there were like 50 of my classmates around so maybe its not too brave cause I felt secure. Anyway after he got angry I pulled my friend out of there and we left.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing comes to mind.

DaHuntha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaHuntha

Posting in this thread. *phew*

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikeGosot

Trying to get out of the school mid-class. And i wanted to do it facing teachers, the pricnipal etc... I could not get out of the school, but it was pretty cool.

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rosebud04

acting in front of 200 people, despite having a speech impediment.Still don't know how i did that.

dopplerganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dopplerganger

Broke up with somebody I guess.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I jumped in a fight against a dude 2 years older than me, if i remember correctly, to defend a friend he was beating. After that the older dude and 2 of his friends waited for me one day after school...my nose is slightly broken.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Berserk007

I broke up a 10 person or so fight by demon screaming and berserk charging the fray. I don't recommend this method of breaking up a fight for most people, I on the other hand being 6'1, 290 and built like an adamantium shit house can and I got a huge kick out of seeing them scatter to the wind like a bunch of bitches.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

<---

You should watch my movies some time.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

Told a girl I didn't like her when she really liked me. Not as an ass, not as a dickhead, but honestly and in a face to face conversation. I meant to say it in the "nicest" (read: least mean) way possible, but anything that came out of my mouth and any reaction she had was going to make me feel bad.

She thanked me for my honesty and not taking advantage of her a few days later, which helped.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tim_the_corsair

A great deal of the things I have done that I once considered brave I now look back on and think about how dumb I was, and how close I have come to dying because I decided to fight a guy trying to take my wallet, even though he had a knife, or whatever.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By intro

Buy concert tickets online knowing I would only have 3 cents left in my checking account after the transaction and sometimes there are extra $1 fees. If that fee were to occur, I'd have to pay the bank $35 in fines!

I printed those fuckers out anyway and then went and cashed my paycheck I still had, all was well.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IAmNotBatman

I took fuckin' Globox back from those scary space pirates years ago.

But seriously, I'm no batman...

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By i69edUrGpa
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Jeust

I faced unnarmed a guy with a gun, and five of his friends.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By AngelN7

I was "robbed" one time by two guys they changed minds in the middle of the robbery because I didn't have a smart phone so they left and gave me my phone back... so yay for being poor I guess , I don't know what that has anything to do with bravery but that is so far the "scariest" situation I've been involved.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26  Edited By Giantstalker

Probably when I went minesweeping in Kandahar.

Pretty sure we didn't get them all, but the sheep don't mind
Pretty sure we didn't get them all, but the sheep don't mind

I wish I was making this up... there are much better ways to earn $130 a day.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By FancySoapsMan

One time this dog attacked my beagle and I had to pull it off before it did any serious damage to her. I was lucky the dog wasn't interested in biting me.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aegon

How in the world have so many people been mugged? Stop scaring me. 

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmilingPig

Made love to a 380 pounds women.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Video_Game_King

Become King.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I ate at McDonald's once. That was pretty scary.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gamefreak9

@Berserk007 said:

I broke up a 10 person or so fight by demon screaming and berserk charging the fray. I don't recommend this method of breaking up a fight for most people, I on the other hand being 6'1, 290 and built like an adamantium shit house can and I got a huge kick out of seeing them scatter to the wind like a bunch of bitches.

How are you 290 pounds? I'm 6 feet, and I'm only 170 pounds. You are fat correct? (not trying to be offensive)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Deranged

Pulled my brother out of our wrecked car. Sadly, I was too slow.

Kenshinfan818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Kenshinfan818

I once rushed out of a bus last minute to hand a guy who dropped his wallet, his wallet back to him. It's not that brave, but still kinda cool.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

Joining the military

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@BraveToaster: you went to mars and everything :D

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

@Giantstalker: good on ya. Joining the military is one of the bravest things i have done. Minesweeping takes the cake though

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By N7
@Giantstalker: You didn't happen to see a guy named EpicSteve over there, did you? I haven't heard from that guy in a while.

Bravest thing I've ever done. I sensed a spider under my bed and immediately got up and killed it with my baseball bat. No hesitation. I just did it.

Now I'm so scared I run away, Incredible Hulk style, trying to find someplace that doesn't have spiders everywhere.
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aegon
@mcderby4 said:

It must have been a horrible experience. Just...a nightmare situation, man. 
Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Toxeia

I'm not one for confrontations in meat space. Bravest thing I've ever done was when I had witnessed a girl being harassed by two men. The kind of harassment that ends with her being dragged behind a dumpster. Your minds may wander where they will. Took every fiber of my being to just keep on walking like I'd not seen anything at all.

Actually no, I ran up to them and put one of them in a head lock while threatening the other with my keys. I really have no idea why I thought my keys would scare him, but it turns out the key to my front door is sharp as hell. It did a nice job of digging into his arm. After this I took the girl to the campus police to file a report. Turns out the two guys... one was her boyfriend, the other was a friend of hers for the past 6 years. Disgusting.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Jrad said:

I asked a girl out? I mean, I guess socially withdrawn middle-class suburban white kids don't really get thrust into situations where they can show off their bravery.

You got that right...

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By matthias2437

I fought a dog once... like seriously had to fight a 110 lbs dog when I was on a run one day. It ended up biting me once and I had to get a rabbi shot which sucked but through the process I broke one of the dogs legs which I did not want to do. Not sure if that really qualifies as brave though since I pretty much had to fight it because it attacked me.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#43  Edited By SMTDante89

I wrote a heartfelt letter to a girl I cared a lot for. It was the most emotional thing I had ever written before and even brought tears to my eyes as I remembered all the good times we spent together. She was about to graduate and so I wrote her a letter to tell her how much I cherished our friendship and wished her the best. I was too scared to tell her, however, that I liked her as more than a friend until she pressed me about it later (I had told her earlier that I was thinking about asking "a girl" out, not sure if she knew it was her as she began asking me about it after she had read the letter) but I told her the truth, and she politely declined and I was happy with her honesty. That's probably the bravest thing I had ever done according to me.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By IceColdGamer

World's Highest Bungee Jump while Backpacking Solo across Europe.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By emem
@JasonR86 said:

@Jimi said:

It was pretty scary.

Honestly though, my actual answer is probably simply working in the field I work. I'm in-training to be a mental health therapist. Sometimes asking the questions I have to ask or going down the roads I have to go down is terrifying because every social cue is telling me not to do it. Psychotherapy is about doing what is hard and often uncomfortable to both the client and the therapist. I still get scared asking certain questions or dealing with certain issues. But the fact that I have to appear confident, under control, and competent while I'm terrified adds to the amount of courage I have to rely on to give the psychotherapy that energy it needs.

Data's emotion chip would come in handy sometimes, hm? :) Moral emotions can really mess with your head if you let them.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By Deranged

@H2Oyea said:

@mcderby4 said:

It must have been a horrible experience. Just...a nightmare situation, man.

It was a haunting moment that I'll never be able to live down that's for sure. My mom has yet to forgive me.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47  Edited By JasonR86

@emem said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Jimi said:

It was pretty scary.

Data's emotion chip would come in handy sometimes, hm? :) Moral emotions can really mess with your head if you let them.

Things like talking to a kid about suicidal plans and intentions, a teenage girl about sexual abuse, or to a sexual predator trying to overcome them desires are some of the hardest ones. If only I could shut off that emotion chip.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thedj93

i crossed the street this one time

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By 71Ranchero

A horse drawn carriage full of about 20 kids and 2 adult drivers went off into a ditch about ten feet deep and tipped over. The horses got spooked by a neighbors goat that got loose and ran into the street. They were harnessed in so when both horses got stuck on their side with one on top of the other they started thrashing around and jerking the carriage all over. Me and my dad pretty much dove in and started throwing the children up from the ditch to the drivers. Once we got all the kids out we started trying to rescue the horses, they were so scared they were literary killing each other with kicks. We managed to get them cut free of all the leather straps with our pocket knives. Eventually my brother got back and we all manged to get the horses out of the ditch. None of the kids were hurt thankfully but the horses were in rough shape, both survived though.

Interesting addendum. The owner of the 2 horses and the carriage tried to make us pay for all the leather straps we cut up. Apparently is was "show quality" stuff.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aegon
@Atramentous: Ha, while I was reading that, I was thinking of how that would be a possibility.