What's The Most Disgusting Foods You've Ever Eaten?

• 195 results
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By Aronman789

@Lagaroth said:

Mole. (The Mexican sauce, not the digging animal.) I don't know what they put in it, but they totally coated the plate in it and ruined my dinner.

Was it the chocolate kind? Because that shit ruins everything it touches.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By blindisaac

@mtcantor: Natto is pretty good

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By sockemjetpack
@Jay444111

@SockemJetpack said:

Quiche. My girlfriend in high school wanted to cook me something one weekend. She made a big deal about how good she is at making quiche and I had never tried it. She made it. I tried it. I almost puked. She was looking at me expectantly and I forced a smile and said "Mmm yeah that's good" She seemed satisfied and sat down to dig into her own slice. After she had a bite her expression changed. She looked at me and said "I think I messed up. This tastes like shit"

You did the right thing! Good man! No matter how awful your girls food is. Don't EVER say it is bad until you somehow get them to try the satanic food of the ill ones! Good man!

Thank you good sir.

Remember everyone: Lying at the right times is the best way to preserve a happy relationship.
RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By RustySanderke

I had natto once in Japan. Never again.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By yetiantics

Not a fan of Oatmeal. I don't like the texture.

Never eaten anything outside the box, though.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#156  Edited By papercut

I ate some preserved squid in a marine biology class once. surprised I didn't die.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By fini_fly

@Milkman said:

Tripe. It's cow stomach in marinara sauce. Some people love it but it was gross as hell.

This. Tried it twice (no marinara sauce) just to make sure it was awful. Watch two of my friends down a whole plate at Dim Sum. I'll never touch it again.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By kmdrkul

Durian was really bad. It was also 14 bucks at the local Asian market here. What a terrible decision...

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By gamerpigeon

Pink Grapefruit Juice is awful. I also have a genuine phobia of Butter and have not eaten it since 4 years old. Texture, Smell and Especially taste, i hate the stuff. I'll eat stuff that has Butter in as part of a baking recipe of course , cause you cant taste it, unless its a butter cake or something.

If you want to make a 24yr old man freakout liek a little girl , try to get close to me with a knob of butter on a spoon lol

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160  Edited By falserelic

@gamerpigeon said:

Pink Grapefruit Juice is awful. I also have a genuine phobia of Butter and have not eaten it since 4 years old. Texture, Smell and Especially taste, i hate the stuff. I'll eat stuff that has Butter in as part of a baking recipe of course , cause you cant taste it, unless its a butter cake or something.

If you want to make a 24yr old man freakout liek a little girl , try to get close to me with a knob of butter on a spoon lol

That's the first time I heard pink grapefruit juice.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#161  Edited By monkeyking1969

@BaneFireLord said:

@MonkeyKing1969: How did the maggot cheese taste? Tested recently had an article that mentioned it and I was intrigued.

You know I'm not a huge fan of cheese in general, soft cheeses are not my favorites, but I do like goat cheese. But were were on a trip to Italy and everyone was trying a little bit so I went along...it tasted gooey. The worst part was the wine, they serve you a bit of cheese with a cup of wine. In my mind they give you the wine to just kill everything in your stomach, so you better believe I drank all the wine.

My lasting impression is that it is sad that modern food is so basic. Two hundred years ago everyone ate food so much more complex and so much more ethnically unique. Traveling through Italy you see so much food that takes months if not years of preperation - cheeses, meats, wines, and fruits. If you travel a thousand miles west from Italy to the Middle east you find similar cases of unique ways to store, preserve, and treat food that make whole new unique tastes and flavors. Ironic that when there were less then a billion people total on earth we all ate different things and there was more variety, more complexity, and more types of food.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#162  Edited By MocBucket62

I dropped by West Virginia University for a volunteer youth trip and had 3 bites of a salmon patty with balsamic dressing, man it sucked. 

That's only second to the worst thing I've had, which was some pickled black eggs (maybe quail eggs) I had over at an old Japanese Restaurant that got closed down years ago. it was a surprise free dish that the owners offered to my family and  seriously everything about the eggs was putrid. The taste, the smell, the texture, everything about it made it the worst food ever!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By falserelic

@MocBucket62 said:

I dropped by West Virginia University for a volunteer youth trip and had 3 bites of a salmon patty with balsamic dressing, man it sucked.

That's only second to the worst thing I've had, which was some pickled black eggs (maybe quail eggs) I had over at an old Japanese Restaurant that got closed down years ago. it was a surprise free dish that the owners offered to my family and seriously everything about the eggs was putrid. The taste, the smell, the texture, everything about it made it the worst food ever!

I can't imagine eating black eggs. That just sounds gross.

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By The_Drizzle

I once ate a dorito that was burnt orange. It tasted like stale crackers mixed with an asshole. Idk if it was over baked (cooked?), but man a) did i almost throw up and b) ALMOST stopped eating the rest of the bag. Fuck that

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Back when I was a wee 4 year old lad there used to be a cereal called Dunkin Donuts. It was manufactured by Purina.

Well, something got crossed in the factory and when I ate a handful of cereal there was the actual cereal mixed with what might have been pet food kibble. I nearly vomited. I really wish I was making this up, but I can recall the taste of it by memory. Imagine taking a mouthful of the grime congealing at the foot of a Chinese restaurant's dumpster. Yeah.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure I win. Noni fruit when I was in Roatan. Jelly like consistency, and literally smells and tastes like vomit. That's not hyperbole. Supposed to be real good for you but good lord.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By mtcantor

@falserelic said:

@MocBucket62 said:

That's only second to the worst thing I've had, which was some pickled black eggs (maybe quail eggs) I had over at an old Japanese Restaurant that got closed down years ago. it was a surprise free dish that the owners offered to my family and seriously everything about the eggs was putrid. The taste, the smell, the texture, everything about it made it the worst food ever!

You think that's bad, imagine eating balut: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#168  Edited By Atlas

I was once in a five-star hotel in Egypt, and since there is obviously no pork there they had a choice of sausages that included beef, lamb, and chicken at the breakfast buffet. I tried one of the chicken sausages, and it was honestly one of the worst things I've ever had in my life. It was like a tube of rubbery fake meat, like spam, or like a meaty Cheesestring. The fact that it was such a nice hotel made it all the more shocking; the rest of the food was great.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#169  Edited By Scrawnto

I got food poisoning from macaroni & cheese with chopped up ham. It was years before I could taste ham without getting a little nauseous, but I recognize it isn't actually a disgusting food.

What was truly disgusting was the time I ate a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and only noticed afterwards all the little moth larvae that were floating in the milk. Fuck Moths.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh probably Hummus....that stuff is aweful.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

@Scrawnto said:

I got food poisoning from macaroni & cheese with chopped up ham. It was years before I could taste ham without getting a little nauseous, but I recognize it isn't actually a disgusting food.

What was truly disgusting was the time I ate a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and only noticed afterwards all the little moth larvae that were floating in the milk. Fuck Moths.

Yuck!

I hate that feeling when you eat something and suddenly you see some small animal moving around in your food and you just freeze for a second.

Or similarly, a couple months ago I was hungry and decided to make me some bread with marmalade. 2 slices. The bread was a bid hard because it was slightly older but still just fine - so I thought. After finishing one slice, I grabbed the second and was just about to bite in when I saw a quite a bit green mold on the side. I just shivered just from thinking of that. It's just so disgusting and I mean, I already ate whole slice of rotten bread .__.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By falserelic

@mtcantor said:

@falserelic said:

@MocBucket62 said:

You think that's bad, imagine eating balut: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

Yes that doe's look quite nasty indeed.

HPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By HPX

Lamb's testicle. Although, I didn't really EAT it. After putting it in my mouth, I was horrified at not only the unholy texture, but the taste as well. I could not bring myself to ingest it, so I spit it out into my napkin. I'm always open to trying new things, but this was just awful. I don't recommend it.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By SadPatrol

Eggplant

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#175  Edited By crusader8463

Fish. All fish is revolting and only eaten by crazy people.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I had ox penis in a bowl of pho once. It was alright.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By NTM

It doesn't look terrible compared to other things you can eat, but something my family and I (except for my brother that brought it home), chewed on was some seaweed, and almost immediately spit it out, but not all at once. I think I had it a few hours after my dad and mom, but before my other brother. It was just gross.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By falserelic

@NTM said:

It doesn't look terrible compared to other things you can eat, but something I think my family and I (except for my brother that brought it home), chewed on some seaweed and almost immediately spit it out, but not all at once. I think I had it a few hours after my dad and mom, but before my other brother. It was just gross.

I had a seaweed drink that my friend gave me once. It tasted like I drank bleach it was horrible.

SimplyTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By SimplyTron

A chick's anus.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#180  Edited By TheHBK

Goat meat, I fucking hate, goat meat.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By OldGuy

Lutefisk is... boring (though the odd pudding like texture with a strong fish taste and little tiny not quite dissolved pin bones doesn't work for everyone)... mind you, I'm not seeking it out again anytime soon...

That said: Boiled chitlins. Yeah, no.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Arbie

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

I love hummus! But it gives me headaches. =[

I think the worst food in the world is boiled potatoes. Something seriously messed up with those!

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183  Edited By Arebuckle

@Erzs said:

I think the worst food in the world is boiled potatoes. Something seriously messed up with those!

As an Irish man I should take offense and knock you on your arse.

However, that is most certainly an ungentlemanly thing to do.

This internal conflict is making me question everything I hold dear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erzs said:

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

I love hummus! But it gives me headaches. =[

Why does it give you headaches?

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#185  Edited By pandorasbox

Chocolate covered bugs. Bought some a few months ago. Not bad.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Arbie

@GentlemanlyGentleman: I'm part Irish! Honest! Please don't hurt me I'm only little and, and Irish accents are sexy and stuff!

@rockyhorrorgerri: Garlic! I don't know why but even the smell of that stuff gives me an instant headache, which really sucks because I love the smell of it haha.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Salmon. WTF? People choose to eat that crap?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erzs said:

@GentlemanlyGentleman: I'm part Irish! Honest! Please don't hurt me I'm only little and, and Irish accents are sexy and stuff!

@rockyhorrorgerri: Garlic! I don't know why but even the smell of that stuff gives me an instant headache, which really sucks because I love the smell of it haha.

Ohh I love the smell of garlic.... :(

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By LastNinja

@Samael2138 said:

Here in Texas we have a little delicacy known as Head Cheese. You take the head of a cow, and scrape off all the flesh and reduce it down to a jelly. You then eat it cold with crackers. You usually throw in a cleaned and scraped hoof so it has some gelatin in it. I ate some when I was a kid. It was fucking gross, to say the least.

Hey Texas Chainsaw Massacre taught me all I need to know about head cheese ;)

@ZombieSpace said:

Probably soured sheep testicles and rotten shark, but the shark is fine with a shot of something we call Black Death around here. It truly brings out the inner viking!

Iceland I presume. On one of my visits to your fair nation I tried the rotten shark. If I remember correctly, it has been preserved by being buried in the ground for a long time and possibly even urinated on? The Black Death definitively was a good friend in that situation, good god.

Things that I eat on a fairly regular basis that might seem gross to most people:

Boiled sheep head - the face muscles are delicious and I can highly recommend the tongue. What I would never consider yet have witnessed some of the older folk eating are the brain and the eyes, specifically the eyes seem so goddamn nasty.

Pilot whale meat and blubber - The meat is preserved by hanging it out to dry for some months and I really like it. It can be used fresh to make steaks and such, but that is a more modern idea and I haven't quite gotten used to it yet. The blubber I find kinda disgusting since it's basically just pure fat, but depending on the success of the preservation (in a mixture of salt and water) it can be enjoyable.

Various seabirds - Due to their natural habitat they have thick extremely fatty naturally salted skin and meat that can be a little too much sometimes.

Exotic stuff:

A colombian exchange student once brought a bag of roasted ants and I just had to try those - A nice crispy snack.

d_breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By d_breeze

Durian... it tasted exactly liked it smelled, which was like garbage. I tried it because my friends introduce me to new foods pretty often so I told them I'd give almost anything a shot, and it was a mistake...

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#191  Edited By buzz_clik

Having an Asian fiance means that I've tried a bunch of food over the years that I wouldn't have normally had thought to. I tried chicken feet once, but didn't really like them at all. It wasn't the flavour, mind, but the texture. So with that said, I'd try it again if it were prepared differently. But as it was? Ick. No thanks.

kumquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By kumquat

Cheese is nauseating. The cheese section at Whole Foods smells like a bunch of homeless dudes airing out their musty dicks.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#193  Edited By Arebuckle

@Erzs said:

Your words have helped to bring about a calm to my inner quandary.

Or it was whatever I was drinking.

Either way! All is well once more.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Mrsignerman44
No Caption Provided

Cueritos... I can't really describe how these taste because they sucked the taste right out of my mouth. It's just a really strong almost rotten taste.

tarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By tarvis

I have a Filipino friend, so I had balut with him once. Didn't care for it. Tasted like what it is. A bland boiled egg.