Where would you hold up during a zombie apocalypse?

• 83 results
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'd find a house out in a far-flung rural area and hold up there.

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By jtman54179

A lot of these things are about being protected from zombies, but lets be honest....Humans are gonna be  a bigger threat than zombies after a while. For instance, if the guys in the prison refuse to let refugees in it could become an all out boundary war. 

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By ribeye

i have a 2-story house with only 1 staircase, which makes a really nice choke point with a high ground advantage to boot.  short term i'd get my family and some food and water and guns up there and then kick a couple dressers down the stairs and wait at the top with a shotgun.  long term i'd barricade my house up as much as possible.  regardless of where you ended up you'd have to make food runs eventually.  fortunately for me i live in a small farming community in the midwest, there are cows and pigs and gardens everywhere.  also fortunately for me i spent some time as a butcher so i could totally still have ribeye for supper!

agree about other survivor's being more of a problem than the zombies after a while, people tend to lose it a little bit after watching their family get eaten or whatever, desperate, starving lunatics, i'd be very wary of the thinkers

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By SBYM

Probably in chewed up pieces inside of a bunch of zombie's stomachs.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#55  Edited By zidd

A building of at least 2 stories where there is easy access to supplies and stairs that are easily destroyed.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By sameeeeam

If Dead Rising has taught us anything ...

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By DoctorWelch

I didnt vote because my choice is walmart because that fuckin place has guns, food, clothes, medicine, pretty much everything you need during the zombie Apocalypse.

Edit: Shit i forgot one thing in that list, rednecks. Yeah they may be high strung and short tempered, but chances are they are going to know how to use a gun.
LunaticJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By LunaticJ

I'd keep a few guns... then a whole range of different melee weapons and go left for dead 2 realism expert on the zombies ass. bitches.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By melcene

(a) I think you mean hole up, not hold up.

(b) that's way too many poll answers
ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By ribeye
@DoctorWelch said:
I didnt vote because my choice is walmart because that fuckin place has guns, food, clothes, medicine, pretty much everything you need during the zombie Apocalypse.

Edit: Shit i forgot one thing in that list, rednecks. Yeah they may be high strung and short tempered, but chances are they are going to know how to use a gun.
walmart as a building would be great, brick walls, no windows and only 2 entrances up front to watch and out back on the dock.  the problem with that would be the other 2000 people that have the same idea who would murder you for a box of twinkies, not to mention it's a high traffic area, the odds of keeping the infection from getting in would be slim.  i would steer the hell clear of any super-populated area
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheFreeMan

There's a high school right across from a middle school in my town, so I feel like that area would be pretty smart. But only after stopping by at Wal-Mart or Superstore or somewhere for supplies.

I also entertain the idea of always staying on the move from town to town or somesuch.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Commando

Why would I hold up? According to video games, a bullet in the head kills any zombie! I've got 14 rifles and two hand guns. I'd be out there hunting them!

Mario_Monte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got all of you guys beat for a place to make into a stronghold: Cedar Point.

Think about it, it's a peninsula with only two land entrances. One of the two is a causeway with bridge sections that could be demolished. The other could easily be barricaded.

Both entrances have to go through the main parking lot which already has watch towers. There's backup generators, fuel, almost certainly abandoned vehicles. Cedars employee hotel for shelter, lots of food and water. Tools and blunt objects, and when there isn't much to do there's entertainment in the form of roller coasters.

Ryagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ryagan

Dead.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not sure where... but somewhere quiet and rural with a river, though close enough to a city suburb for supplies.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll join the zombie horde. Someone should root for them right?

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A food distribution warehouse.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in Korea. It doesn't really matter where I go since the population density around here is one of the highest in the world. Though the place I live is about as rural as Korea gets. There are a few mountaintops and a huge lake nearby that would be a decent place to try and shack up.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The best ideas are the old ideas, because they have been tested. You house should be like a darkages fort. Ring wall that holds outer barns, storage, firewood, etc. Inner Tower house that is easily defensible and very rugged. Early on a small group might be all you have, but you want to get big fast. People are power and you must collect as many as your can, they are your man-hours of work and defense. You want enough people for three shifts. Everyone needs 8 hrs sleep, 8 hours work, and eight hours off. People need food, shelter and warmth, so if you have a plan and keep them safe, warm & feed they will work for you.

A zombie apocalypse mean two things zombies...and irrational humans. So you dwelling cannot merely be zombie proof it needs to be people proof. Unlike what people think, 'modern conveniences' like weapons, food, water, drugs, and medical supplies will be expended in the first few weeks for most people. So then you have your preppers (dillitants), survivalists (unhinged theists), and survivors (people with a plan for rebuilding) to worry about. I woudl live and let live for awhile keeping a low profile and seem like a poor target. After a few years and a bit of spying, kill all the tyrants and assholes in my area.

Most of your survivalists and preppers will rely on having a gun or many guns and many bullets. My group will rely on bows, swords, and bare hands. Those idiots are always happy when you agree to leave your gun outside when you meet them, but its pretty simple to gouge out eyes or smash in a head with a chair leg. My rules are you pay for what you want, you treat people humanely, and you do no thwart law and order. Steal, oppress, and cause chaos for us or your own people...and you will pay.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

airship

Duluoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would get in my boat and live comfortably on the lake until winter comes, at which point it would be destroyed by ice and I would freeze to death.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By Brendan

I looked back at my previous answer and would like to change tactics. I'm going north as fuck. I live in Canada and like to think that a zombie apocalypse wouldn't happen so fast that we wouldn't have even a few days notice from the news or something. I'm going straight the fuck to Nunavut. A place where it is straight up frozen enough most of the time that the hordes would lock up and freeze. Most zombie fiction conveniently takes place in warm places with high population density. There's got to be some Canadian military base way up north in in Nunavut near the arctic that would be best.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already live three stories up, with 2 fairly sturdy doors in between, and there are 4 supermarkets within a 5 minute walk, so I guess when the apocalypse comes I'd go loot those, hole up in my apartment, listen to every record I've got (provided power's still up), maybe finish off my Steam backlog, and then off myself. Who wants to live in a zombie infested wasteland?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly where I currently live. It is winter about 6-7 months out of the year in Northern Canada. I assume that after one winter every zombie in the area would get destroyed by frost bite

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Christoffer

On a luxurious sailing boat. Fish for food and scavenge safe places.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ripelivejam

A four year old forum thread.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam said:

A four year old forum thread.

That's not a safe place. There will be pirates there. And people who just wont give a shit anymore.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Franstone

My family owns a campground on a lake in the mountains.
15 yards from the back side of the family house is a lake, the other side is surrounded by trees.
I'd cut down a bunch of trees making it difficult for the zambies to get through and sit on the roof and pick em off with a rifle.
Fully packed party boat with supplies waiting for a quick escape.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course the thread about zombies is the one that gets necro'd.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Can we move on from zombies and vampires? What about the mummy apocalypse?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mechakirby: aren't mummies just ancient magical zombies?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@theht: With a way niftier dress style. I'm terrified of the chupacabrapolypse.

Also, iSombie? Not a bad show!

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we move on from zombies and vampires? What about the mummy apocalypse?

I'm still terrified for the Dolphinapocalypse. The Simpsons had it right.