Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Skytylz said:
So having morals is a bad thing now?  What the fuck is wrong with people?  You guys are probably the ones tweeting pictures of the shit you stole during the riots in london right now. 
See this is the disconnect...

Things that aren't related at all getting lumped together because you can't fathom somebody doing something you don't want to do. It's really petty.
Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Jams

I'd recommend moving to a small U.S. town. It's boring as fuck if you are a socialite, but you can meet some really good (usually really old) people and everyone know each other. That sounds kind of like the place you're looking for. Stick with cities with a population under 10,000. Those are going to be the areas that hold your views.

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Thule

@TheBob123 said:

Well I'm 17 years old and I want to leave Australia. I was born here, lived here all my life but I don't think this country is for me. I'm a christian and I believe in following the law, and *every* single person I've spoken to all have gotten drunk prior to 18, a lot have smoked weed, or smoked tobacco prior to 18 thanks to fake IDs, some even have done ecstasy.... (there was even a 14 year old girl who took ecstasy often) and overall, the people I've interacted have done a ton of illegal stuff. It really annoys me that every single person I've spoken to has done one of those illegal things here in Australia. Also since everyone seems to completely disregard the law and just loves doing anything illegal, I can't fit in anywhere because all people want to do is go to parties and get drunk (illegally)etc. It's pathetic and its just so sad that no morals are left in this country. Anyway, I understand all countries will have this stuff nowadays, but are there any countries wherein some people will have the same views as me? Having some(extreme) trouble finding any here in Australia. A few surveys done here in Australia, showed that 94% of 14 year olds have had at least 1 drink. 97% of 17 year olds said they got to the point where they'd consider them selves DRUNK in the PAST WEEK. That means over 97% of people by the age of 17 would've drank at least once. Plus, career opportunity wise, there's not much here in IT/Video games industry. And everyone here in Australia seems to hate on religion...so many militant atheists, attacking me unprovoked. Anyway thanks for reading.

You're a 17 year old baby. You seem incredibly sheltered and unrealistic. I can also tell you that you're never going to find a country in which people never break the law, unless that country is populated by robots. No one's forcing you to drink or do drugs, so just leave other people alone and don't judge them.

Harden the fuck up.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Skytylz
@Doctorchimp said:
@Skytylz said:
So having morals is a bad thing now?  What the fuck is wrong with people?  You guys are probably the ones tweeting pictures of the shit you stole during the riots in london right now. 
See this is the disconnect...  Things that aren't related at all getting lumped together because you can't fathom somebody doing something you don't want to do. It's really petty.
Your right drug problems and crime are completely unrelated.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By McGhee

You are in for some tough times. The idealistic, super religious always fall hard.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Three0neFive
@Skytylz said:
@Doctorchimp said:
@Skytylz said:
See this is the disconnect...  Things that aren't related at all getting lumped together because you can't fathom somebody doing something you don't want to do. It's really petty.
Yep, because the 16 year olds smoking pot in Australia are the same ones burning cars in London.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Skytylz
@Three0neFive said:
@Skytylz said:
@Doctorchimp said:
@Skytylz said:
Yep, because the 16 year olds smoking pot in Australia are the same ones burning cars in London.
That explains a lot, I knew the fine men of England were to civilized to riot.  
Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Agent47

Don't go to Europe that place sucks.........................

No Caption Provided
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Three0neFive
@Skytylz said:
@Three0neFive said:
@Skytylz said:
@Doctorchimp said:
@Skytylz said:
That explains a lot, I knew the fine men of England were to civilized to riot.  
Nah, they're just too busy eating tea and crumpets and wearing ridiculously tall hats.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By Belonpopo
@TheBob123: london
iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By iDarktread
@TheBob123 said:
I'm a christian and I believe in following the law    
  @TheBob123 said: 
so many militant atheists, attacking me unprovoked
 @TheBob123 said:
*every* single person I've spoken to all have gotten drunk prior to 18,  a lot have smoked weed, or  smoked  tobacco
@Mr_Skeleton said:

Stop hanging out with shitty people and everything will be better

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Spoonman671

...Lawful Good?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Good, get the fuck out of my country you judgemental little turd.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Build a massive tree house on a deserted island, and then protect it from pirates.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By subject2change

Ha, i'm the opposite. Lived in NYC for nearly my entire life (turned 25 a month ago) and recently found out US Citzens can apply for a work visa in Australia for a year and am considering making the switch late this year or next year after researching into it some more.
ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ze_ro

Well Finland definitely isn't for you.

You demonize alcohol, tobacco, weed and extasy. Is it really the governments business to tell you what you can consume before a certain age ? Maybe it's someones OWN damn business what they do to their body. I doubt you have done research on these substances and their effects.

I too believe in law n order and I yearn for good old values that will never be seen here again. Those values are gone and I can't do sh*t about it, I have to adapt and survive.

You're still very young, kick it back and relax. Listen to Doug Stanhope, and harden the fuk up.

...while you're at it, read The God Delusion

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By raiz265

Nobody said Germany yet? 

Come to Germany!  

"Oh no!" you might think, "...but they got that evil beer stuff all over the place!" 
You're right! But legal drinking age for beer is 16 over here, so underage drinking is less of a problem! BOOYA!

Also:
Germans never laugh, have no fun.  
We like to follow the rules, strictly! That guy recycled his trash wrong? Better tell the whole neighbourhood, he better gets his shit sorted next time! 
Pretty sure you'll be able to find a curch here too. Come to the West or the South if you're catholic. East or north if you're protestant (more or less). 
English is pretty widespread, but you'd have to overcome the disgusting accent. 

Extra bonus that makes it feel like home at least a little bit: Video game censorship is just as fucked up as in Australia, yay! 

No but seriously, germany is a nice place to live.
But as many others have said already; Just chill.
Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Entus

Dunno what you're complaining about, since you guys hold almost half of the Economist's top 10 most livable cities in the world.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By Bigrhyno

In America you would find a lot of people that act the way you describe, but you would also find a lot of people that share your views. I would assume Australia is the same. Maybe you would meet more people that share your values in a different city in Australia?

pieman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By pieman32

Canada aint for ya son. We smoke weed and drink and get rowdy at times. You also seem very tense, I suggest Jack Daniels and less bible.

No Caption Provided
soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By soldierg654342

All the countries. Don't play favorites.

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By m0rdr3d

You're really not going to get good advice from a video game website's forum full of poorly socialized, jaded gamers.  But don't sweat the stupid behavior of those around you.  I doubt it's as bad as you think it is all over Australia and atheists are vastly in the minority.  As a Christian, think of how you can help.  Your second-most important commandment is to "love your neighbor as yourself".  Maybe you can be a help to drugged-out folks getting back on their feet... 
Also, plug into a good church if you need like-minded support.
Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Akrid

Just try to not let it get to you, and find like-minded individuals. You'll have about as much luck in Australia with this as anywhere else in the world. You shouldn't let it dictate where you end up in life.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Matfei90
@TheBob123 said:
@Paulus:  Because at 18 its legal in Australia. I'm not ok with people breaking the law etc
Responsible drinking in the privacy of your own home while under 18 is perfectly fine. Get over it.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By Wolverine

@TheBob123 said:

I was born here

You were born on the internet? I understand why you'd want to leave, it's filled with some pretty shady people.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By JJWeatherman
Plus, career opportunity wise, there's not much here in IT/Video games industry.

Psshhhhhh. Go work for Team Bondi. They'll have you drinking away your troubles in no time.

I kid. I dunno where you could go, man.

Gentleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Gentleman
@Thule said: 

@TheBob123 said:

Well I'm 17 years old and I want to leave Australia. I was born here, lived here all my life but I don't think this country is for me. I'm a christian and I believe in following the law, and *every* single person I've spoken to all have gotten drunk prior to 18, a lot have smoked weed, or smoked tobacco prior to 18 thanks to fake IDs, some even have done ecstasy.... (there was even a 14 year old girl who took ecstasy often) and overall, the people I've interacted have done a ton of illegal stuff. It really annoys me that every single person I've spoken to has done one of those illegal things here in Australia. Also since everyone seems to completely disregard the law and just loves doing anything illegal, I can't fit in anywhere because all people want to do is go to parties and get drunk (illegally)etc. It's pathetic and its just so sad that no morals are left in this country. Anyway, I understand all countries will have this stuff nowadays, but are there any countries wherein some people will have the same views as me? Having some(extreme) trouble finding any here in Australia. A few surveys done here in Australia, showed that 94% of 14 year olds have had at least 1 drink. 97% of 17 year olds said they got to the point where they'd consider them selves DRUNK in the PAST WEEK. That means over 97% of people by the age of 17 would've drank at least once. Plus, career opportunity wise, there's not much here in IT/Video games industry. And everyone here in Australia seems to hate on religion...so many militant atheists, attacking me unprovoked. Anyway thanks for reading.

You're a 17 year old baby. You seem incredibly sheltered and unrealistic. I can also tell you that you're never going to find a country in which people never break the law, unless that country is populated by robots. No one's forcing you to drink or do drugs, so just leave other people alone and don't judge them.

Harden the fuck up.

Although harsh, these words aren't without merit. Your description of those surrounding you are both naive and condescending. 

Besides, here's an example to illustrate my take on the matter: I, for one, have a strict stance against drugs. But there are people near me who do take drugs, and some of them even have an addiction problem. But without understanding and respect on my part, I wouldn't be able to help them when they need me. 

I think you should do some introspection. Why are you so eager to get a strict set of rules imposed to you by an exterior entity? Law and religion are two different ways to tell you who you should be and how you should act. I don't mean to say that breaking the law and committing sins is the key to enlightenment. However, your motives behind your actions clearly defines you more than which crimes you committed. Some actions are good, some actions are bad. But doing the right thing for the wrong reason (for example, because it's the law) isn't as admirable in my opinion than doing something bad, but for the right reasons.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@TheBob123 said:

As an Australian let me be the first to ask you to kindly fuck off.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By shadows_kill

Go to Utah, Idaho, or Montana. 

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@Tim_the_Corsair
@SeriouslyNow

@TheBob123 said:

Sorry brother, beat you to it ;D
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Tim_the_Corsair
@SeriouslyNow

@TheBob123 said:

Ricerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ricerx
EQ Trolls (Old)
EQ Trolls (Old)
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By Black_Rose

North Korea seems like the right place for you. 

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Black_Rose said:
North Korea seems like the right place for you. 
I wanted to say this the entire time, but didn't want to be the sarcastic dude that did it.  Thank you, sir.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By Black_Rose
@xobballox: I'm not being sarcastic. 
TheBob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheBob123
 Thank you all for the suggestions thus far. I understand you say there are like minded people here in Australia, so perhaps I'll try my luck and keep searching here but with that said....

@Tim_the_Corsair
said:
@Tim_the_Corsair
@SeriouslyNow

@TheBob123 said:

That still seems like the main plan, so thank you for motivating me further and making me realise more-so why I should leave.
thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By thaijedi

@Walker_after_dark said:

Move to Singapore. IIRC, they have the some of the strictest laws in the world, and the some of the harshest penalties for breaking them.

This guy's right. I live in Thailand and Singapore is the strictest place there is when it comes to illegal substances. If you are convicted with illegal drugs including weed (not including alcohol) you will be shot . No exaggeration. I'm like you, didn't touch a drink till I was 18 and never smoked or did weed. I just see the results of people's actions and laugh. I am now study in UNSW in Sydney @TheBob123: you sound like you live at Mt. Druitt. But yeah Singapore is the place to go. Very nice country with amazing people, amazing laws, and great atmosphere all around if you're not into breaking the law. I remember when I was in primary school an American kid got whipped in Singapore because he graffitied a couple of cars. The americans were all up in arms and no one else in Singapore cared. If you ask me he got what was coming to him check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

Reply to me if this helps

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@TheBob123
 Thank you all for the suggestions thus far. I understand you say there are like minded people here in Australia, so perhaps I'll try my luck and keep searching here but with that said....

@Tim_the_Corsair
said:
@Tim_the_Corsair
@SeriouslyNow

@TheBob123 said:

That still seems like the main plan, so thank you for motivating me further and making me realise more-so why I should leave.
My pleasure, but why are you still here? Speed it up sunshine.

As a 26 year old, anti-drugs, law-abiding, moderation-drinking, atheist Australian, it is my opinion that our tolerance and understanding as a society is what makes this country great.

In a nation that is purportedly all about giving everyone a 'fair go', you are such an intolerant coward you want to flee rather than deal with the fact a few people around you behave in a way that does not match your view on how things should be.

So yeah, I think you should leave. I'd take some deadbeat, dole bludging, pot-smoking, beer swilling, pregnant at 15 years old over you any day.
TheBob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheBob123
@thaijedi: Thanks man. Singapore does sound rather nice and my type of place. Also I live about ~40min away (east) from Mt Druitt, so good guess overall haha. if I can ask, since you're studying here in Sydney, how do you find the people overall here? Have you found any like minded individuals? Was it sort of hard to adapt to the change?
Spam101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By Spam101

don't come to England, Especially not right now. shits fucked

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By niall_sg1

I hear London's nice this time of year.

Spam101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By Spam101

probably warmer with all the fires

mdslac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mdslac
@TheBob123: "so many militant atheists, attacking me unprovoked."

...wow...
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By valrog

I don't think it's much different anywhere else, really.

@SlashDance said:

You just described the whole world dude.

Yeah, I was trying to say this.
Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Vamino

Please leave before you are allowed to vote. Please.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By toowalrus

The Vatican city is nice this time of year...

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97  Edited By xMP44x
@Niall_Sg1 said:
I hear London's nice this time of year.
Plenty of fire and brimstone at the minute, right? ;)
jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#98  Edited By jkuc316

Move to the Philippines. We are Predominant Catholic and Conservative.

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Black_Rose said:
@xobballox: I'm not being sarcastic. 
No, it sounds like you're being an ass is what it sounds like.
TheBob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TheBob123
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
 So yeah, I think you should leave. I'd take some deadbeat, dole bludging, pot-smoking, beer swilling, pregnant at 15 years old over you any day.

Yup, and the thing is so many people fit that description here, and the fact you're cool with it(and I can guess was/is one) gives me further motivation to get out of here :). Keep the suggestions coming.  Singapore is sounding rather inviting.