Who else plans on boycotting Jay leno in the future?

• 84 results
slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By slax

I don't think it's Leno's fault. I think it's the network's. So no.

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jinxman
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @natetodamax said:
" I plan on boycotting all of these threads, blogs, and status updates regarding Conan/Leno "
good luck, your off to a bad start. "
actually YOU'RE off to a bad start
illumination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By illumination
No Caption Provided
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Bigandtasty
@BestUsernameEver said:

" @Symphony said:

" @BestUsernameEver said:
" @Symphony said:
" Oh hey, more boycotts. Yay! "
For being sarcastically negative, I am surprised you don't love boycotts yourself. "
Umm... okay? Not following your logic there, but keep fighting the good fight. "
Negative people hate things right? Once you hate something, you dont want anything to do with it, (unless you are PETA) Seeming that I don't think you are a part of PETA, I am surprised you dont like to boycott more. Get it now? "
That's contradictory; boycotting is refusing to buy/financially support something or someone while being loud about one's reasoning for it, which is significantly different than just quietly ignoring it and moving on.

Anyway, while I can safely say I like Conan much more than Leno (and I fully support how Conan is handling this situation), we don't know how much of this is Leno's doing as opposed to NBC's management. Calm yourself.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By thatfrood

Leno has openly said that NBC's shenanigans are stupid and he doesn't like it. It isn't Leno's fault, he isn't trying to screw Conan. Leno is an okay guy.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By immike
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @natetodamax said:
" I plan on boycotting all of these threads, blogs, and status updates regarding Conan/Leno "
good luck, your off to a bad start. "
haha
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Xeiphyer

YEAH Lets boycott Leno, and after that, lets boycott the PC version of Modern Warfare 2!

---------

I have never watched Jay Leno other than a curious 5 seconds, so I will continue my boycott of Leno, infact, I started it! I AM THE ORIGINAL. 

And to be honest, this is probably a really great thing for Conan, as I said in a previous thread, with all this attention and the fact that he is awesome, he will get scooped up by a network and have more fans than ever.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By tomte

Just heard that Jeff Gerstmann will be one of the guests if Leno comes back... take your pick, boycott Leno and Jeff or break the boycott

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59  Edited By carlthenimrod
@tomte said:
" Just heard that Jeff Gerstmann will be one of the guests if Leno comes back... take your pick, boycott Leno and Jeff or break the boycott "
I also heard that he's going to demonstrate the Sega Dreamcast with Ready 2 Rumble boxing.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By asurastrike

Honestly what did Jay Leno do? He was the number 1 late night guy, and NBC decided to kick him off the tonight show and give it to Conan. Predictably both Conan and Leno had dismal ratings, and now NBC wants to give Leno back his show.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61  Edited By carlthenimrod
@Asurastrike said:
" Honestly what did Jay Leno do? He was the number 1 late night guy, and NBC decided to kick him off the tonight show and give it to Conan. Predictably both Conan and Leno had dismal ratings, and now NBC wants to give Leno back his show. "
How did they kick him off? He was planning to retire and they signed a contract 6 years ago with Conan to have him replace Leno.
Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By Radar

Nope. Just because I have a universal dislike for talk shows.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@carlthenimrod said:
" @tomte said:
" Just heard that Jeff Gerstmann will be one of the guests if Leno comes back... take your pick, boycott Leno and Jeff or break the boycott "
I also heard that he's going to demonstrate the Sega Dreamcast with Ready 2 Rumble boxing. "

"How many more moves does this have"?
kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kingkorn69
I will.  I love Conan O'Brien
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#65  Edited By JJWeatherman

I have never watched Leno in the past. Now I will consciously not watch it.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By oldschool

If Leno managed to get rid of Conan, then all credit to him  ^-^ 

Conan isn't funny and Leno is meh, so I don't care (or watch him).  I won't watch Fallon, Kimmel or Letterman either if that helps.  It is the least I can do.  I will watch Stewart and Colbert though.

Avatar image for themasterofthewheelchair
TheMasterOfTheWheelchair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hate Leno for real.

God damn,i miss Conan.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#68  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'll tell you what I'm not boycotting - the Spanish Home Shopping Network!  I may not understand a word of it, but that doesn't stop me from getting piss drunk and laughing at it.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox

To make it a boycott, it would have to be something you actually wanted to do in the first place. I was never into Leno to begin with so it won't exactly be a boycott on my end as I continue to not watch him. I used to watch Conan if he had a guest I was into or something because he was the only truly palatable host.

I don't consider Stewart/Colbert to be in the same genre.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, this isn't Jay Leno's fault, and also, I agree with most others that Conan will be fine.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By Jeffsekai

Some how I think Conan will live.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Afroman269

Actually it was NBC's decision to move The Jay Leno Show so maybe you should boycott all of NBC. Boycotts are so pointless and it's nice to see them working since DMC 4 was announced for 360.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73  Edited By Renahzor

I, too, will be internet raging and boycotting one Hollywood multi-millionaire because another hollywood multi-millionaire 'stole' his show and screwed him out of more millions of dollars.  Wait....  No, I actually don't care.  Im glad you have enough time to care though, I'm sure someone somewhere appreciates it.  I think it's hilarious how much people can give a shit about what some celebrity does, career or otherwise.  Rest assured, your anonymous boycott on a random video game internet forum will totally make a difference and gain....  well, i guess you could have one hack comedian on at 11 instead of another one, pretty noble goal there. 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#74  Edited By damnboyadvance

I don't think Jay Leno is to blame. Just NBC. And no, I don't. The message will be clear if we all just stop watching them on weekend nights.

bozosc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bozosc

can't boycott something that you already don't watch

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76  Edited By twenty0ne

Not me... Conan's a douchebag. 

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Siris
@BestUsernameEver: Already there man.. I don't watch Leno or Conan, or any TV really. I don't think Leno personally screwed Conan out of a job, it was NBC's higher-ups making the decisions and Leno was happy to go along with em.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78  Edited By Kohe321

Enough with the boycotting already...

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dany

I have already boycotted Jay Leno....since....i was 9.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#80  Edited By citizenkane

INTERNET BOYCOTT!

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By maxszy

Screw Conan out of a job, do even know the WHOLE story? I doubt it.

Five years ago or so...there was an agreement in Conan's contract that Conan would take over the Tonight show in June of 2009. That doesn't really sound fair to Jay to me. Not like Jay was "ready" to go nor that he "needed" to, he's got a huge following too. 

This has nothing to do with "Jay Leno screwing over Conan", it has to do with NBC screwing over both Jay Leno and Conan. NBC has treated both of them horribly and they personally had nothing against each other. NBC thrust them into this stupid situation and thus have hurt both of their feelings with their treatment. 

So to answer your question, no, I will not be boycotting Jay Leno or something stupid like that. Something he had no control over either.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By illmatic19
@TheGreatGuero said:
" Dude, this isn't Jay Leno's fault, and also, I agree with most others that Conan will be fine. "
Sure it is. He doesn't have to take the 11:35 slot back.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@illmatic19:
NBC... *scratches neck* gave him an offer he can't refuse...
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By maxszy
@carlthenimrod said:
" @Asurastrike said:
" Honestly what did Jay Leno do? He was the number 1 late night guy, and NBC decided to kick him off the tonight show and give it to Conan. Predictably both Conan and Leno had dismal ratings, and now NBC wants to give Leno back his show. "
How did they kick him off? He was planning to retire and they signed a contract 6 years ago with Conan to have him replace Leno. "
Not true. He was never planning to retire. NBC was hoping that "maybe he would" retire by June 2009 so they could officially give him the Tonight Show like they said they would in his contract. Leno never had retirement plans. But why would he? He has a following, is popular and provided good ratings for NBC. Again, its that NBC screwed it all up not that Leno screwed Conan over.