• 92 results
Posted by Demoskinos (13869 posts) 9 months, 25 days ago

Who is more annoying? Tiny Tina or Deadpool? (415 votes)

Tiny Tina 53%
DeadPool 47%

All credit where credit is due. @mattbodega posed this question on twitter and it seemed like the perfect question for a Giantbomb poll. This is a close one both are so fucking irritating that it makes my eyes want to bleed but in the end for me Tiny Tina is by far the more annoying one. Deadpool is at least voiced by Nolan North who's voice is way way less annoying than the performance that Ashley Birch gives as Tiny Tina. Discuss.

#51 Edited by gaminghooligan (1347 posts) -

I really REALLY don't like Tiny Tina. Deadpool however wins, since I dislike him as a character both in and outside of videogames. I've tried reading a variety of comics with him, and I'll even admit that some of the stuff with him and Cable is pretty okay, but he just rubs me all the wrong ways.

#52 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9758 posts) -

Tina Tiny. Deadpool is actually funny every once in a while.

#53 Posted by coakroach (2478 posts) -

Both are horrible.

But Tiny Tina's mini Nicki Minaj schtick causes me far more pain.

#54 Posted by believer258 (11044 posts) -

Tiny Tina is an atrocious character that makes the rest of the atrocious characters in Borderlands 2 seem all right. The only reference I have for Deadpool is that crappy X-Men Origins movie and I didn't even know that was Deadpool. And he's far from the worst thing in that movie.

#55 Posted by BlueWolverine (89 posts) -

Hate both of their video game incarnations, but in Hulk vs. Deadpool is actually funny.

#56 Posted by RJPelonia (840 posts) -

I like both of them.

#57 Posted by Sanious (781 posts) -

Tiny Tina is just Ashly Burch: The character. An adaptation of her own unfunny writing, only in Borderlands 2 because of her brother's connections into Gearbox. That's the most astounding part of it all. That if Burch were related to anyone else, Tiny Tina wouldn't be in Borderlands.

Don't really see that as a problem considering the game is littered with constant references to pop culture, movies, other games that appear in characters, quests, dialogue and even areas of the game. The game would be a lot less interesting without these things.

#58 Edited by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -

Deadpool was at least tolerable in MVC3.

Tiny Tina is one of the worst game characters in recent history and thats coming from someone who otherwise loves Borderlands 2.

#59 Edited by BBAlpert (1262 posts) -

@nonused said:

Which Deadpool?

I'm assuming the Deadpool that's in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, the new Deadpool game, and the upcoming Deadpool movie. In other words, the zany, 4th wall breaking, lol-random version as opposed to the earlier, more serious incarnation.

#60 Posted by notdavid (757 posts) -

I actually like Tina, and Deadpool is pretty cool in print form. But dear god. That quick look of the Deadpool game made me want to fucking die.

#61 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I dunno, I kinda like Deadpool. It's just that the game seems pretty weak.

#62 Posted by Demoskinos (13869 posts) -

Man there hasn't been a poll this dead even since the Orange Juice pulp vs no pulp debate.

#63 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2452 posts) -

I went with Deadpool because there's way more of him than there is Tiny Tina content to suffer through.

#64 Posted by TwoLines (2762 posts) -

Deadpool is trying SO HARD to be funny. It's terrible.

#65 Posted by Karkarov (2622 posts) -

I never thought I would go into a whose most annoying poll with Tiny Tina as an option and not pick her. But I did. Deadpool is a pretty crappy character with writing that is.... well shitty and unfunny, and that includes the comics. His whole schtick was entertaining for a few months when they first did it, not anymore. And unlike Tiny Tina I have been seeing his crap for years.

#66 Edited by MEATBALL (2786 posts) -

If we're talking about their videogame appearances, then I gotta go with Deadpool because I actually enjoy Tiny Tina.

#67 Posted by Hailinel (22712 posts) -

I guess Tina? I'm assuming that Deadpool is only godawful when he's trying to be funny outside of comic books.

Depends on who's writing Deadpool. Unfortunately for the game, they brought in one of his worst writers from the comics.

#68 Posted by Rafaelfc (1283 posts) -

I went with Deadpool, mainly because I know Deadpool will be around forever and it will find ways to annoy me even if I don't actively seek out it's comics/movies/games whereas Tiny Tina i'll just forget about eventually.

#69 Posted by mikey87144 (1487 posts) -

Tiny Tina is only seen in spurts. The whole fucking game is listening to Deadpool make jokes that are just cringe worthy.

#70 Posted by JoeyRavn (4887 posts) -

Tiny Tina is only seen in spurts. The whole fucking game is listening to Deadpool make jokes that are just cringe worthy.

I guess I can see the point here, but if you buy a game called Deadpool, it's because you more than probably like the character and are fully aware of his personality and type of humor. Otherwise you wouldn't be buying the game, right? But in Borderlands 2 you are forced to deal with Tiny Tina to progress in the story, whether you like her or not.

And the same could be said for Tiny Tina's DLC, which, if what I've been hearing is right, it's as long (or even longer) than Deadpool's game...

#71 Edited by Monkeyman04 (837 posts) -

@madman356647 said:

Well I must be the only duder that doesn't find Tiny Tina annoying. Voting Deadpool just cuz of Wolverine: Origins.

I thought Tiny Tina was an alright character, so I guess there's two duders.

I didn't find her too annoying that would make me rage. Hell I would say that I'm enjoying her as the center focus of the new DLC. So I guess that's three duders.

#72 Posted by GIyn (189 posts) -

That is the first time I'v ever seen Tiny Tina, and I honestly cannot believe someone put that thing into a game and thought it was a good idea.

#73 Posted by heatDrive88 (2173 posts) -

Sophie's Choice.

Whichever you choose, you lose.

#74 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Seeing as I have the most experience with Deadpool (looking at you Ultimate Alliance) I found him really annoying. His new game also has some of the crappiest jokes I have heard in a while.

#75 Posted by AlKusanagi (851 posts) -

Neither. Both are awesome.

#76 Posted by xyzygy (9625 posts) -

Tiny Tina is awesome, deadpool isn't.

#77 Posted by Yummylee (20578 posts) -

@ahaisthisourchance said:

Anthony Burch's "writing".

Which consists largely of scouring know your meme.

I find it so weird how overblown the accusations Borderlands 2 gets over relying on meme humour. Pretty much all of that junk is relegated to Badass rank titles (which are easy to ignore) and the occasional character quip -- or at least Commando class quip; Maya and Salvador from my memory never spouted any sort of memetic dialogue.

Anywhoo I voted Tiny Tina, even though I don't dislike her quite as much as everyone else, she's just not very funny. The writing in that Deadpool game is complete and utter trash mind, but he's otherwise pretty funny in Hulk vs Wolverine and was alright in the X-Men Legends 2/Ultimate Alliance games.

#78 Edited by Budwyzer (486 posts) -

People who compare TT to Deadpool

#79 Posted by geirr (2381 posts) -

Tiny Tina is one of the best characters ever though so fuck this question.

#80 Edited by geirr (2381 posts) -

@sanious said:

@maniacalmech said:

Tiny Tina is just Ashly Burch: The character. An adaptation of her own unfunny writing, only in Borderlands 2 because of her brother's connections into Gearbox. That's the most astounding part of it all. That if Burch were related to anyone else, Tiny Tina wouldn't be in Borderlands.

Don't really see that as a problem considering the game is littered with constant references to pop culture, movies, other games that appear in characters, quests, dialogue and even areas of the game. The game would be a lot less interesting without these things.

Tiny Tina IS Borderlands 2, and she's AMAZING!

#81 Posted by KoolAid (738 posts) -

This pull is neck and neck. This is awesome.

#82 Edited by ViciousReiven (793 posts) -

Neither, both are hilarious.

#83 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

Looks like fully half of you are wrong and do not properly appreciate the genius that is Tiny TIna.

#84 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

Neither bother me that much.

#85 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (240 posts) -

They're both alright. I'd much rather characters who try too hard to be funny than ones who are dead serious and lack charm. They're both pretty easy to avoid if you truly do "hate" them.

#86 Posted by Solh0und (1680 posts) -

Ash...err Tiny Tina is tolerable. Poorly written Deadpool? Not so much.

#87 Posted by DoctorDonkey (74 posts) -

Deadpool was/can be funny.

Tina is a fucking atrocity of comedy.

#88 Edited by Demoskinos (13869 posts) -

@yummylee: My problem with Borderlands 2 writing goes well beyond the "meme" stuff. Its one frustrating aspect to my overall problem. I just dont think that Borderlands 2 treats its audience with intelligence. To me comedy is dependant on two things. Timing and Delivery both of which I feel they botch. There is a scene early on after what I think is the first boss where you climb inside of a big cannon to blow open a gate that is impeding your progress. Claptrap stands in front of the gate wildly gesticulating and yelling at you to not shoot until he moves out of the way. REALLY STRESSING this point to ad nauseum so the player will get the hint to shoot so that wacky hijinks ensue!

They literally club you over the head with the joke repeatedly. Its not even just that another important piece of comedy is being clever and 9 times out of ten Borderlands 2 goes straight for the boner farts. Ill give the game this Handsome Jack had a few good bits and the Ninja Turtles reference was also pretty decent. It has its moments but for everything that was approaching me turning a corner with my opinion there were three more things that always left me saying NOPE!

Tiny Tina was the final straw for me. And I quit soon after her introduction. I guess im just not the target audience here cause I like my humor to be clever and subtle both things Borderlands 2 is not.

#89 Posted by mason20 (113 posts) -

They both can be perfectly good characters if they were written better. I have seen Deadpool have better writers but he has also been around much longer. Also, whoever writes Tiny Tina I feel sometimes forgets she is 13 which comes off very creepy at times.

#90 Posted by Devil240Z (3054 posts) -

Tina is awesome, I don't understand the hate. Maybe you guys are too old.

#91 Posted by Elwoodan (672 posts) -

sometimes deadpool actually works, so Tina.

#92 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

They're both funny. Still can't believe how much hate there is for these characters on this site.

#93 Edited by Mezmero (1644 posts) -

Why is this in Off Topic? Last I checked these were both video game characters or at least the video game incarnations of these characters. I say Tiny Tina because I have bias as a Deadpool comic fan.