• 75 results
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Gabriel

They all have there faults, Keith Olberman is an idiot, Rachel Maddaw is like Rosie O'Donell, Rush is a pill popping hypocrite, Glen Beck is crazy and plays way into the emotional arena, Levin is just mean, and O'reilly is a narcissist, Hannity seems like he caters way to much to the down home boys, Colmes doesn't speak up, and Chris Matthews just looks like a doucebag. The one I can stand the most is O'reilly he seems the most fair, but like i said he thinks way to much of himself.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Dalai

Oh, to be in the minority here at Giant Bomb and the internet. 

I voted Olbermann.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Snipzor said:
" Burton, may I ask what is wrong with Rachel Maddow? I can understand why Olbermann is on the list, but why is Maddow on the list? She's great. Opinions aside, she is respectful 100% of the time and is a bloody Rhodes Scholar. If anyone on this list has credibility on commenting in politics, she's one of the best.  /And no, this is not a sign as to how bad political commentary is in America //She beat out Peter Mansbridge, who I consider to be amazing in every way "
She's smart, no doubt. I would say she's the smartest of the bunch by a mile. However, she's a partisan hack. War, government waste, civil rights abuses, etc..., were all evil things under the Bush administration. Yet Obama is continuing Bush's policies, and she somehow finds these things to be okay now. I would either have her be 1) Non-partisan, or 2) Consistent ......She is neither
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Diamond said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
Wow, a lot of dislike towards "conservatives" here. Not one vote for Matthews, Maddow, or Colmes.
That's only because the conservative commentators are much worse than the liberal leaning ones. "
That's debatable. I would say they are even. 
Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Wrect

I enjoy the Chris Matthews.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#56  Edited By AgentJ

I'm surprised Beck is number one. I guess he's gotten a lot of coverage recently 
Does Alex Jones count as a political commentator? 
@Suicrat said:

" @lilburtonboy7489: Did you see the healthcare poll? The ratio on Giant Bomb is generally 4:1 left to right. "
You don't even have to be liberal to think that healthcare reform is a good thing. It sure doesn't hurt, but I know plenty of conservatives that are for a public option.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57  Edited By Suicrat
@AgentJ: I'm all for healthcare reform too! (Especially in the jurisdiction in which I live, Ontario) I just think your country should do some actual reforming. Like, you know, ending the artificially high barriers to entry, and ending regional insurance monopolies, and making health insurance tax deductible for individuals. Not pursuing more of the same, which is the species of healthcare "reform" being proposed by the powers that be.

But there's a place on Giant Bomb for the healthcare debate. It's in the healthcare debate threads.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AgentJ
@Suicrat said:
" @AgentJ: I'm all for healthcare reform too! (Especially in the jurisdiction in which I live, Ontario) I just think your country should do some actual reforming. Like, you know, ending the artificially high barriers to entry, and ending regional insurance monopolies, and making health insurance tax deductible for individuals. Not pursuing more of the same, which is the species of healthcare "reform" being proposed by the powers that be.  But there's a place on Giant Bomb for the healthcare debate. It's in the healthcare debate threads. "
Yeah. It's amazing that even with a 60 majority they still can't make a real public option bill because some of those dems don't have a spine. 
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59  Edited By Suicrat
@AgentJ: Now wait a second, this whole "public option" nonsense is just that, nonsense. There already are public options in your country. They're called Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid, and Medicare advantage. No democrat worried about his seat will vote for any real reform because they're caught between the status quo (that which will get them re-elected) and actual reform (that which will be spin-doctored into a baby-killing debacle by political opponents.)
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AgentJ
@Suicrat said:
" @AgentJ: Now wait a second, this whole "public option" nonsense is just that, nonsense. There already are public options in your country. They're called Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid, and Medicare advantage. No democrat worried about his seat will vote for any real reform because they're caught between the status quo (that which will get them re-elected) and actual reform (that which will be spin-doctored into a baby-killing debacle by political opponents.) "
Those options only cover certain demographics, like those over 65. On your second point, that's why I said they should grow a backbone. Anyway, like you said earlier, this isn't the point of this thread so back to the stupid commentators. 
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Snipzor
@lilburtonboy7489 said:

" @Snipzor said:

" Burton, may I ask what is wrong with Rachel Maddow? I can understand why Olbermann is on the list, but why is Maddow on the list? She's great. Opinions aside, she is respectful 100% of the time and is a bloody Rhodes Scholar. If anyone on this list has credibility on commenting in politics, she's one of the best.  /And no, this is not a sign as to how bad political commentary is in America //She beat out Peter Mansbridge, who I consider to be amazing in every way "
She's smart, no doubt. I would say she's the smartest of the bunch by a mile. However, she's a partisan hack. War, government waste, civil rights abuses, etc..., were all evil things under the Bush administration. Yet Obama is continuing Bush's policies, and she somehow finds these things to be okay now. I would either have her be 1) Non-partisan, or 2) Consistent ......She is neither "
 "Yet Obama is continuing Bush's policies "   

Stoprightthere (I would have found her on the FISA Bill, but I won't waste more of my time). That's a load of freshly squeezed apple juice, and not the good kind either (Wait, that makes no sense).
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Snipzor
@AgentJ said:
" I'm surprised Beck is number one. I guess he's gotten a lot of coverage recently 
Does Alex Jones count as a political commentator?   
No, he counts as an asylum escapee.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By breadfan

Recently Glenn Beck has been the worst, but O'Reilly has been derailing network news for years.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By penguindust

Really, this woman irritates the hell out of me.  I am against most of the ones listed at the top of this thread including those on the left as well as the right, but Ann Coulter goes beyond political differences to a much darker place.  

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#65  Edited By beargirl1
@Sabata said:
" All of them. "
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By Red12b
@Video_Game_King said:
"Oddly enough, I mistook Hannity for Sean Connery on first glance. Still would have voted for him, since you can barely understand. "It sheems the Iraqi forshes have begun their organishing their attacksh in a shingle military unit." "
That's just fucking win.

@CitizenKane said:
"They are all terrible and an abomination to journalism. "

Urgh, Why has this happened, I don't understand how people can get brainwashed over this shit, Actually I do. 

I have a workmate, He came up to me the day after the Samoa Tsunami, he was talking about it, And he was getting his facts mixed up, He thought it started by a rock fall, I told him it was an earthquake, He was talking about earthquakes getting that information wrong, so I told him about earthquakes and Tsunami's, and how they form, So y'know the guy is not that smart, Earlier in this week he started to talk about fox News, I told him to go away, I said, Don't get me started on American cable TV news, It's all shit. 

This guy is our engineer, He is at least forty and has three kids, I am worried....

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By AvD

Beck.

KidStardust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By KidStardust
@lilburtonboy7489: I think there are no votes for Colmes because that guy is basically fuckin' harmless.  He was just filling the token liberal seat next to mad dog Sean Hannity.  Most of the time he just sat there trying to be polite while Hannity tried to crucify people for disagreeing with him.
bane63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bane63

Olberman needs to go back to Sportscenter. He's lost his mind at MSNBC.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Red12b
@PenguinDust:
The Batcave?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By penguindust
@Red12b said:

" @PenguinDust: The Batcave? "

I thinking more along this idea... 
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pibo47

I cant vote for all of them? Damn..

Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Wrect
@PenguinDust:
I Agree: Coulter is the absolute worst, but she was not one of the choices.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By Kohe321

Glenn Beck, from what I've seen of him on youtube, is about as smart as 5, maybe 6 ants.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By damnboyadvance

They're all pretty horrible as "political commentators."

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77  Edited By Gunner

Glenn beck, because he knows nothing about politics, he just makes insane claims and links them to anything bad in order to make left wingers look bad. 

Bill isnt totally bad, he at least knows what hes talking about 40% of the time, the other 60% hes yelling at a left winger calling him/her a facist or communist.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Red12b
@Atomasist: 

I meant him as a person being a complete dumbarse, I was illustrating my point that stupid people get sucked into watching this opinionated crap, On every network not just fox.