Why are there no games about my experience in Iraq?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Come on EA and Activision. How about Call of Duty: Green Zone or Medal of Honor: Signal Corps?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar

Not sure if serious.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FourWude

Taxpayer money being put to fantastic use.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster
@FourWude said:
Yeah, how dare soldiers have fun on their off time. Especially when they're deployed in a shit hole like Iraq for a year.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FourWude
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

Yeah, how dare soldiers have fun on their off time. Especially when they're deployed in a shit hole like Iraq for a year.

Have fun on their own time with their own money. I'm not against that. They get paid a salary, use it. 

Iraq was never meant to be a vacation anyway. Don't like it, leave the country.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

God damn soldiers and their... stupid muscles and sunglasses and guns...

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sanity

@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

This, but really dont get what angle this thread is trying to take.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Turambar
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

Have fun on their own time with their own money. I'm not against that. They get paid a salary, use it. 

You usually say things I disagree with, but still have merit and thought to them.  That was just fucking retarded.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
@FourWude said:
You mean the war itself doesn't count?
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FourWude
@Turambar said:
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

You usually say things I disagree with, but still have merit and thought to them.  That was just fucking retarded.

What I'm saying is, war spending is bloated in the US.

Don't complain about budget deficits and failing economies when you piss more money away in these wars on superfluous spending. War is hell, that's what it has always been. The soldiers who signed up should know this. It's not a vacation.

If this post sounds retarded, I'm glad to be one.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sanity

@Turambar said:

@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

You usually say things I disagree with, but still have merit and thought to them. That was just fucking retarded.

Yea, if your job is potentially getting shot at have all the fun yea want with our tax money. Better with the guys overseas then in the politicians pockets and being given away to the corporations.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Turambar
@FourWude: Congrats.  You are one.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#13  Edited By BeachThunder

I heard there's a game coming out soon called Sitting on Plastic Furniture Simulator 2011

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@FourWude said:

@Turambar said:
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

You usually say things I disagree with, but still have merit and thought to them. That was just fucking retarded.

Don't complain about budget deficits and failing economies when you piss more money away in these wars on superfluous spending. War is hell, that's what it has always been. The soldiers who signed up should know this. It's not a vacation.

News Flash: Soldiers deserve to unwind, too. Especially when they spend the rest of their time doing shit like defusing bombs, hunting insurgents, getting shot at, and living under the constant threat of violent death.

And besides. A pool party like that doesn't cost shit next to the cost of outfitting the average platoon.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@BeachThunder said:

I heard there's a game coming out soon called Sitting on Plastic Furniture Simulator 2011

As opposed to Pool-Side Leather Recliners 2011?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Jadeskye

@ShadowSkill11: Good job OP.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By EpicSteve

There are several images there that can be a banner for gay pride. I would rather be a soldier in WWII and sleep with a bunch of French ladies.

Army: Bringing you homoeratic fun since 1775

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By RobotHamster

War never changes...

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Hailinel said:

@FourWude said:

@Turambar said:
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

News Flash: Soldiers deserve to unwind, too. Especially when they spend the rest of their time doing shit like defusing bombs, hunting insurgents, getting shot at, and living under the constant threat of violent death.

And besides. A pool party like that doesn't cost shit next to the cost of outfitting the average platoon.

...we also have the Signal Corps which is where all the tech nerds go. The Signal Corps is tasked with multiple jobs related to Information Technology and Telecommunications. We still work hard but in different ways. Much the same way that a programmer can work hard and a construction worker can too.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

This looks like a mini-game collection to me!

RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RoujinX

All I can really say is this... 

Fuck am I glad to be Canadian and not have to deal with this bullshit.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By McGhee

I have no interest in shooting any Iraqis. The idea makes me sick.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sanity

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: If they were shooting back you would.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McGhee

@dudy80 said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: If they were shooting back you would.

Yes, but the whole point is not being in the situation in the first place.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sanity

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: Fair enough but still respect those who do it regardless of your view on the matter, Its not like thats the reason they go, most now a days go because its good money and they pay for college.

Oh a less serious note

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By N7

War is Hell: Hide The Pickle 2012. Coming to Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and 3DS.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@FourWude said:
@Turambar said:
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

Jeez what a cunt.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Demyx
@FourWude said:
@Turambar said:
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

I definitely understand where you are coming from, but you are going on about something that was never said. Please tell me where it says that taxpayer money went to their fun?
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Because pictures span the massive amount of time soldiers spend deployed.

That said, it looks like the Army has it easy next to the Marines over in a certain valley.

But fuck everyone who thinks even if that IS all they sit around and do 90% of the time it's not still a hell of a lot to ask of a man. How would you feel if you had to spend that much time away from country and kin, stuck in withering heat with a bunch of guys that are mostly dicks, if in somewhat loveable ways? People are gunna fucking let off some steam, but it's because it's fuckin hard over there.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By McGhee

@dudy80 said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: Fair enough but still respect those who do it regardless of your view on the matter, Its not like thats the reason they go, most now a days go because its good money and they pay for college.

Oh a less serious note

I respect people based on their individual actions. I don't automatically hate the military, but I am a little sick of the blind fawning and worshiping of "our troops" like they're all paragons of virtue. At this point, I also have to question anyone that decided to go into the military when we consider our lying, corrupt government. Someone that puts themselves in the United States government's hands has just given control of their life over to a bloated, corrupt, special interest driven bureaucracy. Of course, many believe that America is always right and that what the government is doing around the world is good, even "righteous". Then I would have to question their judgment on a completely different level. At the same time someone may join the military with the desire to have some positive change on the system from the inside. This I would respect.

All that being said, there are many I would greatly respect upon hearing their individual stories and their are many I would despise. But blanket respect for someone because of their profession? I don't think so.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Generation Kill : The Game.

Make it happen.

Oh and Fourwude, you're a dick.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@dudy80 said:

Oh a less serious note

I respect people based on their individual actions. I don't automatically hate the military, but I am a little sick of the blind fawning and worshiping of "our troops" like they're all paragons of virtue. At this point, I also have to question anyone that decided to go into the military when we consider our lying, corrupt government. Someone that puts themselves in the United States government's hands has just given control of their life over to a bloated, corrupt, special interest driven bureaucracy. Of course, many believe that America is always right and that what the government is doing around the world is good, even "righteous". Then I would have to question their judgment on a completely different level. At the same time someone may join the military with the desire to have some positive change on the system from the inside. This I would respect.

All that being said, there are many I would greatly respect upon hearing their individual stories and their are many I would despise. But blanket respect for someone because of their profession? I don't think so.

Canada and Mexico aren't that far away and you can get card board boxes to move anywhere. How about you spend less time spouting crazy and more time voting or pushing actual solutions to problems by participating in the freely elected government your troops protect? It's a better alternative than just regurgitating extremist talking points and headlines.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sanity

@ShadowSkill11: Agreed, also im curious at how many times the video gets posted through this quote now lol.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Liber

I wonder how many people here actually been to any kind of military.

some of the posts in this thread are completely ignorant.

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By actionTACO

i kinda want a Xe video game but then i realized it would just be the airport level of MW2 only browner. 

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Feser
@FourWude
When you're in a highly intense combat situation, rest is required to unwind psycologically. Even in WW2, such commodities were given. If this is not given, the mental damage of killing other humanbeings, being in a land that hates you (In some parts, not the majority), having friends that die, and being away from loved ones and general society - such damage would serverely wound even the most stoic of individual.  

Im going to guess that internally you are rebelling against the notion that soldiers must be elevated above normal expectations of treatment. As such I will forgive your ignorance, but you need to realize that this simply isn't the government throwing money at "a vacation". It is a form of therapy to keep soldiers calm in battle.  

On a third note, you should apologize to this guy for ruining his thread.
fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fullmetal5550
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

If you don't like it how about you leave the country. Every soldier deserves to have some rest and relaxation. They are not machines, they are people like you and me.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Rowr

Ha ha your country is broke now!

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chop
@McGhee_the_Insomniac:  I kind of agree with this.  

I don't like the way that soldiers are automatically granted respect just because of their chosen career. Plus, being deployed in an unsanctioned war isn't exactly something one should wear so proudly. 
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Chop said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: I kind of agree with this. I don't like the way that soldiers are automatically granted respect just because of their chosen career. Plus, being deployed in an unsanctioned war isn't exactly something one should wear so proudly.

I differ to my previous statement:

Canada and Mexico aren't that far away and you can get card board boxes to move anywhere. How about you spend less time spouting crazy and more time voting or pushing actual solutions to problems by participating in the freely elected government your troops protect? It's a better alternative than just regurgitating extremist talking points and headlines.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By TheHT

Fuck your game, I really want that teapot.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hoossy
@FourWude said:
@Turambar said:
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

Do you work for a salary?  If so, get off your lazy ass and get back to work you drone!  You aren't being paid to be on Giant Bomb!  . . . 

What an pretentious P.O.S. view you hold.  I'm completely against the wars and want our people home.  But for those who are there, I would want them to have time off like we all do.  I"m sure most of them don't get nearly enough.
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By salad10203

All the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan might total $700 billion, which is even less than we just gave away to the Corporations for nothing.   

While I might question the war, I am positive the bailout was a sham.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FourWude

Proof if ever there was needed in this thread (there wasn't really, I'm being facetious) that crticising the US military is still completely out of bounds in the US.

As the nation goes to shit, people worship at the very thrones of those partaking in its downfall, whether they realise it or not....

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#47  Edited By Hailinel

@FourWude said:

Proof if ever there was needed in this thread (there wasn't really, I'm being facetious) that crticising the US military is still completely out of bounds in the US.

As the nation goes to shit, people worship at the very thrones of those partaking in its downfall, whether they realise it or not....

There's criticism of the military, and criticism of the soldiers serving in the military. The first is perfectly fine and should be encouraged when justified. But shitting on soldiers for relaxing? You have yet to provide any justification other than "HOW DARE THESE SOULLESS AUTOMATONS HAVE POOL PARTIES ON OUR TAX DOLLARS."

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By McGhee

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@dudy80 said:

Oh a less serious note

"Amurika, you can love it, ur GET OUT derp"

You're assuming that I don't vote and that I don't push actual solutions, and in case you hadn't noticed, one does not "participate in the freely elected government" on the Giant Bomb forums. We were having a specific discussion about the war in Iraq and the troops specifically. Ignoring everything I said and just calling it "crazy" and "extremist" does not make any kind of valid argument. It's just a lot of noisy bleating.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SSully

This thread is going amazingly. Anyone want to throw in the Michael Jackson gif where he is eating popcorn?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@dudy80 said:

Oh a less serious note

"Amurika, you can love it, ur GET OUT derp"

You're assuming that I don't vote and that I don't push actual solutions, and in case you hadn't noticed, one does not "participate in the freely elected government" on the Giant Bomb forums. We were having a specific discussion about the war in Iraq and the troops specifically. Ignoring everything I said and just calling it "crazy" and "extremist" does not make any kind of valid argument. It's just a lot of noisy bleating.

No, I was having a light hearted discussion on why they should make video games about the vast majority of support personnel who aren't special ops or rangers at war. You were having a rant about your political views son. Have you considered creating a new topic?