• 114 results
goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By goodwood

Information being open is good but not the way that wikileaks is doing it. Informants names should not be released and some gov intel should stay secret.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Enigma777

Fuck yea I do!

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Skald

For the record, if the government didn't have so much dirty laundry, we wouldn't need Wikileaks.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By GunslingerPanda

What the hell is Wikileaks? Poor OP.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@coryrx8 said:
" @Chaser324 said:
" Sadly, I must abstain from voting.  As an employee of a government contractor, I'm strictly forbidden from accessing, viewing, or discussing Wiki-Leaks or any its content. "
Yeah, they sent that notice out at my company, too. Fortunately there wasn't anything forbidding voting in a poll about it. ;-) "
Sure, there's nothing preventing me from clicking one of four options, but I would prefer to only do so after looking at the site...which I won't be doing.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WinterSnowblind

If it's a matter of national security, I can understand information being kept secret and I'm fine with that. 

But the documents that were just recently leaked have absolutely nothing to do with national security and at best that was a flimsy excuse to try and cover up information they didn't want anyone to see.  In those cases, I absolutely believe in the freedom of information, especially if the higher ups in the country are behaving like this.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By HandsomeDead

On one hand, I do think a lot of the leaked information is useless and barely more than international politics but at the same time, I don't think Interpol would have framed him for rape were the information simply that, and there is a lot of important stuff in these leaks. I haven't had much time to look them over but what little I have seen, particularly the stuff surrounding Hilary Clinton, is pretty terrifying stuff.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Axxol said:
" @Toxin066 said:
" @Axxol said:
" @Toxin066 said:
" Didn't you just make the exact same thread on Screened? "
What difference does it make if he did? "
You sound like you're trying to start something. Alls I'm doing is asking. "
Not trying to start anything. I thought you were giving the OP shit. My apologies. "
Oh daayyyuummm, he is totally tryin' to start up something with ya, son! Do something 'bout this foo' knock his teeth out! And you ma boy, Axxol this foo' tryin' to be hatin' on this here OP, teach him a lesson and knock him out and teach him some lovin' and respectin'.
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Swede here, we used to host the damn wikileaks server.

Guess my stance.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 02sfraser

Most of the information that was leaked doesn't really concern the public. It bothers me in the sense that quite literally anyone can read it, including enemies of the US.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By WalkerTR77

I don't know all that much about the leak, but isn't it endangering a lot of lives with the information that's getting out? Fair enough if it's just political opinions on world leaders and such, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who leaked it was swiftly assassinated.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I actually like it. After the George W. Bush era of blatant lies and trickery to the public, it's good that someone decided to just say "Ya know what, here's everything. Plain and Simple.".

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By Red12b
@WalkerTR77 said:
" I don't know all that much about the leak, but isn't it endangering a lot of lives with the information that's getting out? Fair enough if it's just political opinions on world leaders and such, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who leaked it was swiftly assassinated. "
bets on how he'll go? 
Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

I understand the importance of transparency, and I understand the role of the media in that same sense. I feel that if the government is publicly responsible for its actions, the voting public holds more power.
But........where the fuck was this concern about "transparency" during the eight years that Bush was selling our government departments to corporate interest? Where was WikiLeaks (and the public interest in it) while Dick Cheney was openly violating the Geneva convention. This information was around, yet there was little to do about it.
Now it's revealed that we collect data on foreign diplomats (no shit, by the way - what did you think we do? Make them tea and chat?) and the entire media goes bitchcakes.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Red12b
@UnsavedHero said:
" I actually like it. After the George W. Bush era of blatant lies and trickery to the public, it's good that someone decided to just say "Ya know what, here's everything. Plain and Simple.". "
agreed, funny thing is, Obama rallied on making the white house transparent, if he does what Sarah Palin says to do... (ffs what a fuckwit) then what good will come out of it?

this is a very messy can of worms that is best left to just happen, since they can't deny it, they can't stop it and if they do get him and try to get him either hanged or assassinated number one, someone else will just take his place since the groundwork is all done, and number two, whoever does it will have a PR shitstorm of mammoth  proportions.  
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Red12b
@DetectiveSpecial said:
" I understand the importance of transparency, and I understand the role of the media in that same sense. I feel that if the government is publicly responsible for its actions, the voting public holds more power.
But........where the fuck was this concern about "transparency" during the eight years that Bush was selling our government departments to corporate interest? Where was WikiLeaks (and the public interest in it) while Dick Cheney was openly violating the Geneva convention. This information was around, yet there was little to do about it. Now it's revealed that we collect data on foreign diplomats (no shit, by the way - what did you think we do? Make them tea and chat?) and the entire media goes bitchcakes.   "
I totally fucking agree,  

Why the fuck wasn't Bush and co impeached for disregarding your constitution?  

Fucking media.  

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Detrian

It's great and all the "will endanger lives" bullshit is just america's hilarious way to diminish it.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Red12b
@NekuSakuraba said:

" @Axxol said:

" @Toxin066 said:
" @Axxol said:
" @Toxin066 said:
Not trying to start anything. I thought you were giving the OP shit. My apologies. "
Oh daayyyuummm, he is totally tryin' to start up something with ya, son! Do something 'bout this foo' knock his teeth out! And you ma boy, Axxol this foo' tryin' to be hatin' on this here OP, teach him a lesson and knock him out and teach him some lovin' and respectin'. "
see kids, this is a prime example of someone trying to hard,  

remember to always show that whatever you are doing is easy, because trying to hard can cause social mistakes like the one above, 

This helpful life tip brought to you by Red12b 

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By nvmfst
@Rayfield: Especially the hair!
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Karl_Boss

Where's the I don't give a fuck option?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By Video_Game_King
@RsistncE: 

Then why didn't they just release the serious ones? Why do I need to know all this useless crap?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Video_Game_King: It was released as one big block of files and that in and of itself is more transparent than had they edited that content.
kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By kagato

I have probably a slightly less popular view but no, i dont support the leaks coming out at this time.  The reason being is that whilst most of us on this forum are pretty well adjusted and can handle the information most of the public are born worriers.  They tend to panic whenever one of these leaks happens and it can make a bad situation far far worse.  For example the banks and all the crazyness surrounding which ones where in financial trouble led to millions of people pulling their money out of their accounts all at once.  Had everyone not went crazy the crisis could have sorted itself out but when you have mass hysteria running wild like that it caused quite a few to shut down or require government help.  The result?  A lot of businesses went bust as a result of the banks no longer having any way to fund them, or being too afraid to.  A person on their own is pretty smart, people in a group are not, for that reason i believe its not necessary to reveal absolutely everything to the public.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#76  Edited By Video_Game_King
@HandsomeDead: 

But I wouldn't mind if they withheld some of the useless stuff. Sure, you might ask, "What are they hiding?" , but I'd reply, "Not much, since they just released a bunch of huge government documents."
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Video_Game_King: But that's just you.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a general rule, whatever Bill O'Reilly and Sarah Palin think I generally choose the opposite stance.   

Non american, pro leaks.
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Detrian

I find it hilarious that some people just think it's too much useless stuff. Literally getting a look at world changing material and they want it abbreviated.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I still haven't made a decision one way or another. One thing I do know is it makes room for a lot of conspiracy theories. I wonder if Patrick Stewart and Mel Gibson are involved.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Famov

Good intentions, and all that, but the reckless disclosure of information that only serves to undermine my country's ability to operate diplomatically is not something I make a habit of supporting.

Thus, my vote for B.

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kimbokasteniv

I am less than convinced about wiki leaks.  

The last time they had a world changing megaton of information, they announced a release date for it, waited, and then eventually released the information. As far as I can tell, nothing happened. If the information they released was as earth shattering as it supposedly was, surely I would have noticed its effect without even looking for it. And now it looks like we are in the same boat again. Wiki leaks has some crazy info, which is life changing for everyone, but they'll wait a while and announce it later. It all seems very strange. 

Wiki leaks' objective and their behavior does not seem to coincide.  
So for anyone else out there, did I just miss all of the changes that occurred after the first bomb they dropped? Is there any explanation for why they wait to release such important information?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RsistncE
@Video_Game_King said:
" @RsistncE:   Then why didn't they just release the serious ones? Why do I need to know all this useless crap? "
Because as most people have pointed out, Assange doesn't really give a flying fuck about anything. He has no ideals, or morals it seems about this stuff. He's just leaking it because he can. As a result you get everything, unadulterated and clean. Technically I prefer things this way, it removes the possibility of tampering with information. When you think about it the situation the world is in right now is BECAUSE of modified and hidden material; if these diplomatic wires were modified, it would against the very thing people are supporting the leak for in the first place: transparency. 
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheHBK
@Chaser324 said:
" i FUCKING LOVE WIKILEAKS!!!!"                                        "
Cool.
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By hunkaburningluv

completely and wholeheartedly support this and any other info that is released from wiki links as long as it doesn't endanger our troops out there.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By cookiemonster

I dunno.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Subjugation

B.  

Anyone who can't see how this could be (and probably is) used to endanger the U.S. is ignorant. I idolize all of you who think you are edgy and hope to be just like you someday. 

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WalkerTR77
@Red12b:  Apparent suicide via auto-erotic asphyxiation.
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Red12b
@NekuSakuraba said:

" @Axxol said:

" @Toxin066 said:
" @Axxol said:
" @Toxin066 said:
Oh daayyyuummm, he is totally tryin' to start up something with ya, son! Do something 'bout this foo' knock his teeth out! And you ma boy, Axxol this foo' tryin' to be hatin' on this here OP, teach him a lesson and knock him out and teach him some lovin' and respectin'. "
see kids, this is a prime example of someone trying to hard,  

remember to always show that whatever you are doing is easy, because trying to hard can cause social mistakes like the one above, 

This helpful life tip brought to you by Red12b 

What? No seriously, I have no idea what you mean. >___>
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#90  Edited By citizenkane

I am an American and I do not support WikiLeaks.

The information they gather is classified for a reason.  The public doesn't and shouldn't need to know everything the government does.  if the public knew of all the international security threats that go on everyday, there would be mass unnecessary panic.  The leaks also compromise military and other foreign operations just for the sake of stirring shit up.

SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SuperZamrod

Secrets are meant to protect the government from its own population.  

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Venatio

Well I'm Swedish and we're all about liberty here, the Wikileaks servers are based here in Sweden

So C is my answer

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93  Edited By veektarius

American and opposed.  In a perfect world, all information would be available about all countries.  In the real world, the country that has the fewest of their secrets all over the internet has an advantage, all else being held equal.  Do you think that country is more like Sweden or like China?

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By guiseppe

Hell yeah, I love seeing the people in power sweat like pigs right now. The fact that they are, just makes everything worse for them, and I love it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#95  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@TheHBK said:
" @Chaser324 said:
<REDACTED>                                     "
Cool. "
I see what you did there...
HrMagni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By HrMagni

Am i the only one that feels that this wiki leaks issue  is only a bad remake of "mean girls"

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By chrissedoff

i like the potential wikileaks has to expose the nasty things that governments and corporations get up to. i'm sure the potential is there to compromise governments'/businesses'/individuals' security in some pretty bad ways, but i am not aware of that happening just yet.

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By Voxatron
@HrMagni said:

" Am i the only one that feels that this wiki leaks issue  is only a bad remake of "mean girls" "

So who's Lindsay Lohan in this scenario?
HrMagni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By HrMagni
@Panic_Switch: 
Bradely Manning
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By mrfizzy

i get what they're trying to do and i think they have nothing but good intentions but to be honest i think that sometimes the public doesn't need to know everything and may even be safer for not knowing it. The release of this sort of information just seems to spread panic and conspiracies even tho all the things released by Wiki-Leaks have been going on for years and years without anyone knowing about it.