Working at a Fast Food Chain

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

I'm 16 and I just got my first job recently at my local Wendy's. I'm convinced that they could easily make a spin off of "The Office" about my experiences with this job. First off the customers I deal with can be absolutely hilarious to work with. I never noticed how funny and weird people are. I'll give you a few examples, this old guy came up to my register to make an order. As he approached I said "For Here?" because my manager feels that saying "For Here or To Go?" is to long and confuses customers. He looked at my name tag and responded  by saying "Yes, for here Alex". He ordered two Jr. Burgers and fries and told me to make sure to tell the cook to make the food hot as if it was crucial for me to do so or his food would be cold and unappealing. After I got his order he said "Now Alex did you ask him to make my food hot?" and I responded no just because I don't like lying, I feel that by lying I could possibly end up getting in trouble. For example I found a few $20s in the dining room and immediately brought the money to my manager. What happens if the customer comes in looking for their money and it turns out there was a security camera that caught me pocketing the money. I would have lost my job plus pocketing the money wouldn't have felt right since I wouldn't have earned it. Anyway the guy yelled at me and went on and on about how his food was going to be cold now because I didn't tell the cook to make his food hot. He went and ate his food and left me alone eventually.  
I really do enjoy the job though. I met a friend at work. He's 20 but I don't feel like there is much of an age difference. That's because I feel much older then I am. Sometimes I can't relate to other teenagers. I'm interested in serious topics like the government and the economy and when I talk to people my age sometimes I feel like there is a maturity barrier. I also look a lot older then I am, people always ask me what I'm majoring in when I meet them. I hang out with my friend from work pretty often now, we play music together a lot and it's pretty cool because he can drive past 12 unlike most of my friends that are 17.  
There is the Dunkin' Donuts across the street and the girls that work there are gorgeous. My friend and I keep pursuing these girls with mixed luck. I guess I'm more professional about it, I don't feel comfortable asking girls for there numbers while were both working while my friend will ask customers for there numbers which can be really awkward if there not into him.  
Anyway, thanks for reading.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine

I'm 16 and I just got my first job recently at my local Wendy's. I'm convinced that they could easily make a spin off of "The Office" about my experiences with this job. First off the customers I deal with can be absolutely hilarious to work with. I never noticed how funny and weird people are. I'll give you a few examples, this old guy came up to my register to make an order. As he approached I said "For Here?" because my manager feels that saying "For Here or To Go?" is to long and confuses customers. He looked at my name tag and responded  by saying "Yes, for here Alex". He ordered two Jr. Burgers and fries and told me to make sure to tell the cook to make the food hot as if it was crucial for me to do so or his food would be cold and unappealing. After I got his order he said "Now Alex did you ask him to make my food hot?" and I responded no just because I don't like lying, I feel that by lying I could possibly end up getting in trouble. For example I found a few $20s in the dining room and immediately brought the money to my manager. What happens if the customer comes in looking for their money and it turns out there was a security camera that caught me pocketing the money. I would have lost my job plus pocketing the money wouldn't have felt right since I wouldn't have earned it. Anyway the guy yelled at me and went on and on about how his food was going to be cold now because I didn't tell the cook to make his food hot. He went and ate his food and left me alone eventually.  
I really do enjoy the job though. I met a friend at work. He's 20 but I don't feel like there is much of an age difference. That's because I feel much older then I am. Sometimes I can't relate to other teenagers. I'm interested in serious topics like the government and the economy and when I talk to people my age sometimes I feel like there is a maturity barrier. I also look a lot older then I am, people always ask me what I'm majoring in when I meet them. I hang out with my friend from work pretty often now, we play music together a lot and it's pretty cool because he can drive past 12 unlike most of my friends that are 17.  
There is the Dunkin' Donuts across the street and the girls that work there are gorgeous. My friend and I keep pursuing these girls with mixed luck. I guess I'm more professional about it, I don't feel comfortable asking girls for there numbers while were both working while my friend will ask customers for there numbers which can be really awkward if there not into him.  
Anyway, thanks for reading.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgentofChaos
@Wolverine said:
" I'm 16 and I just got my first job recently at my local Wendy's. I'm convinced that they could easily make a spin off of "The Office" about my experiences with this job.
They did, its called Clerks.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By flaminghobo

Sounds like a lot of fun, glad you're enjoying it. Perhaps you could post a few pictures of these gorgeous women working at Dunkin' Donuts so that us users can share you eye candy? ;-)

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jambones
@FlamingHobo said:
" Sounds like a lot of fun, glad you're enjoying it. Perhaps you could post a few pictures of these gorgeous women working at Dunkin' Donuts so that us users can share you eye candy? ;-) "
lol. 

Ah to be young again. OK, so I am only rolling on 27, but still. 

I am the same way, Wolverine. I am a horrible lier anyway, but it's  best to 'do the right thing' in those cases. Sounds like a blast, despite the odd strange customer :-)
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flaminghobo
@Jambones said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" Sounds like a lot of fun, glad you're enjoying it. Perhaps you could post a few pictures of these gorgeous women working at Dunkin' Donuts so that us users can share you eye candy? ;-) "
lol.   Ah to be young again. OK, so I am only rolling on 27, but still.   I am the same way, Wolverine. I am a horrible lier anyway, but it's  best to 'do the right thing' in those cases. Sounds like a blast, despite the odd strange customer :-) "
You only stop being a kid if you let yourself, there's still some left in ya!
I'm only 14 myself and I'm the same as Wolverine in terms of feeling older than I actually am, it has it advantages. :-)
Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jambones
@FlamingHobo said:
" @Jambones said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
lol.   Ah to be young again. OK, so I am only rolling on 27, but still.   I am the same way, Wolverine. I am a horrible lier anyway, but it's  best to 'do the right thing' in those cases. Sounds like a blast, despite the odd strange customer :-) "
You only stop being a kid if you let yourself, there's still some left in ya! I'm only 14 myself and I'm the same as Wolverine in terms of feeling older than I actually am, it has it advantages. :-) "
Ah, it's a nice sentiment, but I am just a bitter old man now. Leave me in peace... and get off my lawn. ;-)
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By flaminghobo
@Jambones said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" @Jambones said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
You only stop being a kid if you let yourself, there's still some left in ya! I'm only 14 myself and I'm the same as Wolverine in terms of feeling older than I actually am, it has it advantages. :-) "
Ah, it's a nice sentiment, but I am just a bitter old man now. Leave me in peace... and get off my lawn. ;-) "
Never old timer. ;-P
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Xandurson

Oh my God, I can relate so much to this because I used to work at McDonalds. As for the hot girls, they didn't work somewhere else there were a few that worked with me and we got along so well that once we closed (yes, McDonald's can close) they took my numbers from the computer in the back and would call me. Oh, good times but now that's over because they had to go to college and I still had a few months of high school left. Now I have an interview tomorrow at Wal-Mart and I hope to find some nice people there but I don't have much hope for that at this point.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Yep, Life can be interesting my boy. There's a big world out there, full of mystery for you to explore.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

Dude, I got a lot of respect for you for making fun out of your job.  It's hard work.  I'm glad you're turning lemons into lemonades!  You can also pimp it out on your resume saying you did things differently.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Make sure that the meat hangs off the bun, because people like that.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kmdrkul
@Wolverine: I'm glad that you are enjoying you're job and are enthusiastic about your work.  I worked at my community college's cafe and I too enjoyed all the passing customers.  Also it's nice to see someone who apparently has a shred of honesty for a change :P
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Druminator

You sound like a very honest young man haha. I work fast food too but we're a bunch of fuck ups. We get drunk on the job on the weekends woot!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus

Hell, I'm almost 20, and most 20 year olds I hang out with aren't even interested in talking about the economy or government, ha! Fast food is great, but the pizza business is where the real action is...

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Stang
@KaosAngel said:
" Dude, I got a lot of respect for you for making fun out of your job.  It's hard work.  I'm glad you're turning lemons into lemonades!  You can also pimp it out on your resume saying you did things differently. "
No disrespect to Wolverine, I like the kid....but when did working at Wendy's become hard work? Mundane as hell? Yes. Hard? No.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By mikemcn

The important question is.... do you get a discount on frostys? I used to love those things, and good luck with the Dunkin Donuts girls.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I work at McDonalds and its extremely boring.
darksamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darksamus
@AgentofChaos said:
" @Wolverine said:
" I'm 16 and I just got my first job recently at my local Wendy's. I'm convinced that they could easily make a spin off of "The Office" about my experiences with this job.
They did, its called Clerks. "
Clerks was first man, and it's ALOT better.