• 139 results
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#101  Edited By EpicSteve

I don't understand what environment people are playing in were they are on a 5th, 6th, or in your case, 8th 360. I've only replaced my console once since launch day.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By lead_farmer

You are crazy patient.  Mine has gone down from RROD twice and it runs now but already made up my mind never again if it goes for a third.   

Also don't play it much anymore since it is an original pro (I think) so it sounds like a chopper is landing when I play.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By deusdigit
@DeShawn2ks said:
" So I get home tonight and turn on my xbox to play some Halo Reach with some buddies and I get this.

No Caption Provided
So seeing how this will be my 8th 360 I am bestowing the title of crappiest console ever made to the xbox 360. I treat my consoles with care and still somehow I have managed to go through 8 of the damn things. This is honestly the shittest console I ever owned from a hardware point and I used to have some stupid disney console my mom bought for me as a kid that you hooked up to the VCR and played games with crappy cartoon videos. A console that I used to think was so bad I can't remember the name of it today. Some one please fix this please Fable 3 and Undead Nightmare come out next week =-(. "
If it were my console, i wouldn't have a problem attempting to fix it. However, i do disagree with the faulty system design with the inability for accurate air flow and amongst other things. There is no excuse to why a console has such a high failure rate as this one. I imagine the slim doesn't have as many design flaws as the original xbox 360 does. But C'mon already, even tho my playstation2 had a disc read error. I always just needed to take it apart and clean the lens. Thermal paste is suppose to last for several years on average. The 360 changes that =\
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By GunnBjorn

I haven't touched my X360 in three or four weeks or so. PC gaming took over for a while. Is it save to turn it on or should I take certain precautions before I do? 
Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Djeffers03

The 360 is unreliable?! NO SHIT! 

One quick question: Were you enjoying Reach? Yes? There's your arguement.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm on number three right now, been going strong for a year and a half now *knocks on wood*.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By hockeymask27

On My second since launch. * thats insane I'd stop after 2.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Lukeweizer

Get the new model. Or a Jasper if they're still around somewhere.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By xyzygy
@EpicSteve said:
" I don't understand what environment people are playing in were they are on a 5th, 6th, or in your case, 8th 360. I've only replaced my console once since launch day. "
This too. Making sure the console has sufficient air flow and is in a clean environment will make it last much longer. Before I got my Slim I had an original 360 that lasted me for over 3 years, and all it took was lifting it up with chunks of erasers (increased airflow on the bottom), making sure it had lots of room to breathe on the sides and back, dusting it off every now and then, and installing my games. Following these four steps my 360 is still going strong, It's hooked up at a friends place where I made sure he follows these steps. 

The 360 is essentially a PC, and I know that I would never block off vents or constantly have discs spinning in my PC so I treat it as such. 

In the other hand, having a 360 in a dirty environment is a recipe for disaster, even if it's something like smoking around it. I had received a broken 360 from someone who didn't know about the warranty and I could smell the smoke from it. It was all clogged with that gross smoke buildup. I sent it away and they had to send me back a totally new one, there was so much dirt inside it just from cigarette smoke.
sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By sjosz

I've got 2 360s (yay PAL/NTSC) and both have not had a problem yet. Most recent one's 2 years old, and the older one somewhere between 3 and 4.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By FacelessVixen

Eight? Damn... I'm only on my second, which as lasted sine November of 2008, but  I fear that it might die soon.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#112  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I have a hard time believing you took care of your consoles if you've gone through EIGHT. I've had the same one for about 3 years. I've had absolutely no trouble with it.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By PoppaKyle

I'm on 3
heat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By heat

Do you keep your 360 in an oven?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#115  Edited By Vinny_Says

I'm sorry am I the only one who thinks you're an idiot for buying 8!!!! consoles.....

the xbox beat you 7 times already and you just came back to him and he did it again.....move on.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#116  Edited By EpicSteve
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" One of the main reasons I game on PC. If something breaks, I can take a trip to the PC shop and buy whatever I need to fix it, and have it back up and running that night. I don't like to let companies hold my balls for me.  But it's not just the X360, I have a friend with a PS3 who's on his 3rd one, and Sony doesn't care, they make you pay to have them fixed. "

But couldn't you do the same and just go buy a new console if it were to break? PC components aren't cheap these days. A video card alone can cost as much as a 360. "
... What's your point? "
My point is that a 360 costs much less than a PC.  And video card performance is mostly resolution based. So yeah, if you have a small monitor you can probably gimp along on an $80 graphics card. "
Dude, I've seen HD 4850's for $60 and HD 4870's for $89. Those will do you just fine for gaming at any resolution.

An Xbox is only cheaper than a PC if you don't buy games. Once you start buying games, just-released games are at least $10 more on consoles than PC (because Sony/MS charge the dev a fee to use their device). So once you buy 10 games, you've spent $100 extra for the console games vs. PC games. Also, try going to Google.com on your Xbox, or try to play a game of Halo 2 online. I was playing Quake II online last week and that game is a decade old.

Case in point, from Walmart.com:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
So yeah, if you buy a lot of games such as I do, a PC is faaaaar cheaper. "
So after buying 60 or so games you'd finally make the money back that you spent on PC hardware instead of buying a console. At which point you'd probably be buying new PC hardware. At the end of the day, which option ends up cheaper is a completely moot point for people that spends loads of money, so we should probably stop debating it. "
Also, a console is more reliable. PCs crash, fuck up for no real reason, patches are sometimes a mess to.
ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ShockD

You understand it just now? Well... welcome to the crap-owners club!

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ViciousReiven

I find it funny that I've only had two 360s, my launch 360 lasted 4 years and the only reason it RRoD'd was MY OWN FAULT for leaving it on 2 days straight on accident, needless to say I turned on the auto-off function on my new one.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By JoelTGM
@EpicSteve said:
" I don't understand what environment people are playing in were they are on a 5th, 6th, or in your case, 8th 360. I've only replaced my console once since launch day. "
but think about it.  Every console is full of complicated crap all tacked together, and ontop of that these are computers and computers are known to fail and kill themselves at random.  It's very believable that one person got one 360 that doesn't have any loose parts or faults.  It's also very believable that one person could get multiple 360s that were prone to dieing right out of the factory.  All it takes is one tiny little invisible fault for it to refuse to turn on or display a picture to your TV.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120  Edited By MysteriousBob

Guess what? My 360 Elite has been fine for the past two years.

Try to avoid keeping it in an oven this time.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Th3_James

i've had 9 die... So yeah.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ape_dosmil
@EpicSteve said:
If one 360 can fail through no fault of your own, then 8 can. It's just less likely.
Belmont_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Belmont_Shadow
@ajamafalous said:
" My launch Pro has never failed.    Suck it. "
I smell BULLSHIT. 

and yeah hardware reliability wise 360 is the worst pile of shit ever. Shame because as a games console it's the best this gen bar none.
Belmont_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Belmont_Shadow
@blacklabeldomm said:
" I'm sorry am I the only one who thinks you're an idiot for buying 8!!!! consoles.....  the xbox beat you 7 times already and you just came back to him and he did it again.....move on. "

I think you're the idiot for thinking you have to keep paying for new machines when the old one breaks. If his console broke 8 times in 5 years he probably only paid $60 once for a expirary of warranty. MS fix it free otherwise. Noone is going to buy EIGHT $250 machines.
xXwindoverXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By xXwindoverXx
@DeShawn2ks:  
The butthurt is strong in this one
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By LiquidPrince

That sucks man, but I find it hilarious that E74 has its own built in screen.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Aus_azn
@DeShawn2ks: It's taken 8, really... 

Anyway, I started with a Zephyr (it died), replaced it with a Falcon (which began having issues so I sold it), then a S.
oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By oatz
@xXwindoverXx said:
" @DeShawn2ks:  The butthurt is strong in this one "
And the fanboy is strong in this one. If you honestly can't admit that the Xbox 360 is a technical piece of shit (one with awesome games), then you are delusional beyond repair.
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Marcsman

Eight is Enough
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By xyzygy
@oatz said:
" @xXwindoverXx said:
" @DeShawn2ks:  The butthurt is strong in this one "
And the fanboy is strong in this one. If you honestly can't admit that the Old Xbox 360 is a technical piece of shit (one with awesome games), then you are delusional beyond repair. "
Fixed.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#131  Edited By ajamafalous
@Belmont_Shadow said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" My launch Pro has never failed.    Suck it. "
I smell BULLSHIT. "
It's not.
pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By pplus0440

on my 3rd, sent in for repair 2 times though. little bitches. Alot of it does have to do with cooling though. The damn thing gets so hot it melts the shit inside. You can bet microsoft is just as unhappy as everyone else they have to keep giving out new consoles especially since just selling one console new costs them 200 or somthing dollars i dont remember anymore. Xbox 3 will definatly show they learned their lesson
sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#133  Edited By sixpin

This might not be totally fair to the OP, but it is a funny image for an obviously inflammatory thread.

No Caption Provided
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#134  Edited By Evilsbane

If your serious about the "8" number than goddamn dude...sorry.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Marcsman said:
" Eight is Enough "
Oh Yeah!
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ProfessorEss

@pplus0440 said:

Alot of it does have to do with cooling though. The damn thing gets so hot it melts the shit inside.

I love the 360's game library and I love the 360's OS but it's a total mess hardware-wise. 

I think this issue is compounded by people assuming the shelf in their entertainment system is good enough because it should be - but it might not be. I've seen a lot of people say they've gone through 10 and 11 consoles and when you ask "are you sure it was ventilated well enough?" you get the instant defensive snap answer of "I take care of my shit, don't blame me for Microsoft's shitty hardware". 

So please, I'm not being a dick, just when/if you get a replacement check it frequently for heat build up to make doubly sure that you have enough ventilation going on :) Personally, I found mine requires a lot more space than any console should.

I'm not defending the piece of shit, I'm just saying the piece of shit has some great games on it and needs more attention than other devices to keep from exploding on you.
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DeShawn2ks

Yes I have gone through 8 consoles but I will say I have never had to pay to have one replaced by MS. Everytime one has broken down they were more than willing to replace it. This is the only time I have to buy a new one and I need to upgrade to the slim anyways. I like to think I take care of my consoles but some people have pointed out that it might not be as well ventalilated as I think. I have also had friends who have had launch 360's and they treat their consoles like shit. Confuses the hell out of me unlucky I guess. As for the fanboy comments I don't know about all that. I am a fanboy of video games I will admit that. I do have a PS3 and like 60 something games on my steam account. Just sucks because Undead Nightmare comes out next week and I have RDR on my 360 and Fable 3 also comes out too. Was really looking forward to playing those right away. Oh yeah and I was enjoying the hell out of Halo Reach online too.
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By KEITH1437

I've gone through six.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

In terms of hardware reliability? I'd say close to worse if not THE worse. In terms of games? Awesomeness.