You Know You're Headed In The Right Direction When...

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

Obsidian Entertainment links your website to theirs.

Although they spelt our name wrong, it's really neat to see it mentioned there.  It's also cool that I was the one who chose Alpha Protocol as my Most Anticipated Multi-Platform game of 2009.  Right now, we're trying to get an interview lined up with them and I'll be the one asking the questions.  I'll keep you posted on that.

As for gaming, I finally completed Metal Gear Solid 4 tonight.  As I've stated before, the gameplayisn't incredibly interesting, especially when you're playing through the game with all guns blazing like I did, but the cutscenes and most of the voice acting are incredibly well done.  MGS 4 was more of an experience than a game to me, and that's not entirely a bad thing.  Would it have made my list of Top 10 Favorite Games of 08?  Yes it would, possibly ending up at #6.

Another game that would've made the Top 10 is Left 4 Dead.  I hadn't had the time to fully enjoy it when I did the countdown, so that's why it was left out, but man is this game fun.  The best part about it is playing with other people.  We have a hell of a good time.  The only thing that brings the game down a little for me is the fact that it only has 4 scenarios (although I've read that DLC is coming for it) and that there's no real story behind each of them.  Aside from that, the game is golden in my book.  If you have a copy, let me know and we'll hit it up online.

That's it for now.  Thanks for reading!
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

Obsidian Entertainment links your website to theirs.

Although they spelt our name wrong, it's really neat to see it mentioned there.  It's also cool that I was the one who chose Alpha Protocol as my Most Anticipated Multi-Platform game of 2009.  Right now, we're trying to get an interview lined up with them and I'll be the one asking the questions.  I'll keep you posted on that.

As for gaming, I finally completed Metal Gear Solid 4 tonight.  As I've stated before, the gameplayisn't incredibly interesting, especially when you're playing through the game with all guns blazing like I did, but the cutscenes and most of the voice acting are incredibly well done.  MGS 4 was more of an experience than a game to me, and that's not entirely a bad thing.  Would it have made my list of Top 10 Favorite Games of 08?  Yes it would, possibly ending up at #6.

Another game that would've made the Top 10 is Left 4 Dead.  I hadn't had the time to fully enjoy it when I did the countdown, so that's why it was left out, but man is this game fun.  The best part about it is playing with other people.  We have a hell of a good time.  The only thing that brings the game down a little for me is the fact that it only has 4 scenarios (although I've read that DLC is coming for it) and that there's no real story behind each of them.  Aside from that, the game is golden in my book.  If you have a copy, let me know and we'll hit it up online.

That's it for now.  Thanks for reading!
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima

Alpha Protocol looks to be amazing, and it's cool your website is gaining mad rep, son.

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By stevieq

Ha ha! That's pretty cool. Glad that "Ensights" is garnering such attention. Kepp it up!

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

i love recognition :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

EndSights finally gets some sights from the devs.

OH! I JUST MADE A WITTY PUN!!!!1OMFG

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah, it looks like Obsidian has you in their "ENDSIGHTS!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

thanks

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By time allen

Good to see you're getting mentioned here and there. I still have not even begun MGS4, I refuse to buy a PS3. I'm waiting on a 360 port. :)

TheBill1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBill1979

That's awesome news about the site, Denis. I'll have to bookmark EndSights after I post this reply. Every site starts out small, just remember that (an obvious statement).

stanhigareda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By stanhigareda

I think you are using someone else's name to get your way with it. Stop taking other people's Credits and you better apologize to the Ensights people :lol:

Seriously, it is great to see how much the site is getting attention. :) COngratulations to everyone

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By temperedvortex

Congrats on beating MGS4!  I really want Left 4 Dead but i need steam to playe it and steam isn't working for me right now

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Player1

Woah, Denis, Your the writer hes talking about!!! :P

Congrats.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By darro

About time you finished MGS 4. Its alwas fun playing L4D even though it will be more fun to play with other people rather than the kind of buddy AI I was dealing with last night when they couldn't be bothered saving my ass. :P

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By lightwarrior179

Alpha Protocol looks interesting although Obsidian has a tendency to mess up good games sometimes (NWN 2 for example). 

Interesting opinions on MGS4. I am sure I would have felt the same way about it as well if I had played it.
Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Torb

That's too funny man...but oh well! Free press is good press regardless of spelling, eh?

AlexMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By AlexMarra

Now that's just crazy! Sometimes when I write articles for Gamer 2.0, we might get recognized by Kotaku or Joystiq and linked there, but we've never been recognized from a developer like that. Good going Denis!

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bruce

I might enjoy Left 4 Dead. Too bad my PC isn't used for games.

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AndyWilliams24

Recognition is awesome, keep up the good work Den. :)

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RenegadeSaint

Congrats on the trackback!  I'll probably pick up L4D when some new content gets released, so hopefully we can play then.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Optiow

Ah, Left 4 dead is great, I just love fighting ontop of the hospital, it is great.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Red

Nice. Alpha Protocol does look totally awesome too.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Congrats, I do like "Ensights".  I'm glad you enjoyed MGS4, although I still stand by that having played the previous games helps with your enjoyment of it, what with all the fan service.