The Luchazine Issue #3 Openings. Application Deadline is July 15.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themoon13

Bam!

As promised, The Luchazine will be continuing to staff up for issue #3. Remember when applying to me via PM that you must include indian_boy in the conversation as well (simply add his name to the recipients list). If you're interested in applying, make sure you read this thread carefully. Here's what we're looking for: 

• Artists/Illustrators - Some of your duties may include: creating headers, working on logos, modifying images, illustrating specific tasks, creating fake ads, etc. To apply, shoot a PM to indian_boy and myself, show us your portfolio/samples and briefly explain your commitment levels.
  • Writers - Your tasks may include anything from coming up with your own features/editorials, to putting together specific pieces. Don't worry, we don't force you to buy any games or anything like that. To apply, shoot a PM to indian_boy and myself, send us a 300-450 word gaming-related writing sample, and briefly explain your commitment levels.
  • Scouts - Some of your duties may include: pointing out interesting posts/blogs/wiki entries/threads/comments to myself and the Wonderful Wikis team. To apply, shoot a PM to indian_boy and myself, and briefly explain to us how often you're on the boards.
  • Community Response Writers - This will be a new feature in The Luchazine 3. Community members may respond to any article in the previous issue of The Luchazine and PM that  response to indian_boy and myself. Word count minimum: 500. Word count maximum: 1200. Note that only quality responses will make the issue itself, so that means no flaming, ridiculous insults, etc. Note2x: A community response is exactly what it sounds like and is entirely separate from a Luchazine application.

If you're one of the eager folks that has already PMed me regarding issue #3, please respond to that PM again so that it gets bumped in my inbox. Remember to include indian_boy in the mix as well. If you PMed indian_boy, bump the PM and add my name to the mix too. The last day that applications will be accepted is July 15, 2010.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Duder in Chief is oscar mike.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Barrock

Extremely tempted... however I have nothing to submit and I'm not sure what I would write about.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By RelentlessKnight

I might consider it

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By FesteringNeon

Great work on #2. (heh)  
Very impressed with the art direction, and content!  

Keep it up.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Disgaeamad
@GoranP: How do I apply for Luchazine Professional Shark Piledriver? Here's my business card: 

Am I gonna have to piledrive a bitch?
Am I gonna have to piledrive a bitch?
BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By BackpackKat

Do I have to reapply for this month or am i already on the staff even though my content got pushed back?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@JohnAsscream: Once you're in, you're in. You don' t have to reapply.
BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BackpackKat
@MattyFTM:  k cool! Now I just need to find something to review/write about.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrock

Hmmm. I could review bad games. I own the Burger King games. I could do those as a test?

indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By indian_boy

@Everybody: 

You will never need to reapply, unless we actually fire you, and then you create a  new User ID and then reapply with that one.  (lol)
Once you're in, you're in.  

I hope that clears up all doubt, cuz if it doesn't, you're fired. ;)  (I'm kidding, of course)

Looking forward to all the new contributors and artists this time around.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By themoon13

I almost feel bad whenever someone asks if they have to reapply. But then I remember I have no heart and soul!

@Disgaeamad: Hmmmm. Tough question indeed.
@Barrock: If you don't have any creative thoughts yourself (some of us work better with directions), The Luchazine provides a crap ton of assignments every month that are available to do. Its only a matter of your writing style meeting a certain level.
@JohnAsscream: REAPPLY EVERY SINGLE DAY!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan

I'll throw my name into the mix. 

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By themoon13

Just a quick note to everyone: if we don't respond to you right away (as in 24 hours), don't worry, we will get back to you.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Barrock

Oh come on! I'm flipping out over here!!!!11!1!

;)

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By metal_mills

I got in a day late for issue 2. I hope I can get in for 3.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Spence_5060

I would be really interested in this and I definitely have some interesting pieces to turn in that are in my blogs, but I am just too busy to do it.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By themoon13
@Spence_5060:  Either way, The Luchazine is all original content, nothing that has been pre-posted.
Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spence_5060
@GoranP: No I know that. I just mean I have content prepared to submit to you guys as gaming-related samples.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By crusader8463
@GoranP: I would apply for something but I think that I'll just wait for someone to come to me instead. Preferably in the form of a clandestine meeting in a dark alley way, or parking garage, where we both meet wearing fedoras and trench coats and talk in dark gravely voices while a thick fog rolls around our feet and a conveniently placed outside light shines a perfect circle illuminating the two of us in a mysterious silhouette. Perhaps hire some one to place a cat near some garbage cans to knock them over as we walk up to each other and first make eye contact, or have a car backfire which causes me to get spooked and shoot the guy you sent for me but I totally give you another chance at a meeting but this time you hire an assassin because you had sent your brother to the first meeting and now you want revenge. But I kill the assassin and vanish into the night only to show up a few months later standing over your bed with a gun pointed at your head when I say something along the lines of "Why did you try to kill me" and then you say something like "Because you killed my brother you bastard!" Then I pistol whip you in the face and throw a folder down on top of your unconscious body and vanish into the night, but not before stopping in the window turning around to look at your unconscious body and say "No I didn't". 

Then you wake up a few hours later and look at the folder that I left on your bed and see that it contains proof that there was an assassin hiding in the shadows behind us during the meeting with your brother and that I had been set up by your competition with the ultimate goal of keeping us apart and building a hatred of each other so that they could steal my talents from your magazine and have me work for them instead. Then we go on a bloody rampage hunting for the location of the man who runs the competing magazine over the course of many training montages, getting ready for the big fight montages and one awkward scene where you confess your love for me and I have to tell you that I don't go that way, but that I'm totally flattered by the advance and that you think of me in "that way". Then when we finally find the location of the place I walk off into the sunset towards the big battle that we have been building up to, only to stop turn around and say something heroic sounding like "Looks like their subscription just ran out." 

*cut to black*
*gun arming sound* 
To Be Continued...
*Fade to credits* 
*soft jazzy music plays*

Or you know, something along those lines.
Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
@crusader8463 said:
" @GoranP: I would apply for something but I think that I'll just wait for someone to come to me instead. Preferably in the form of a clandestine meeting in a dark alley way, or parking garage, where we both meet wearing fedoras and trench coats and talk in dark gravely voices while a thick fog rolls around our feet and a conveniently placed outside light shines a perfect circle illuminating the two of us in a mysterious silhouette. Perhaps hire some one to place a cat near some garbage cans to knock them over as we walk up to each other and first make eye contact, or have a car backfire which causes me to get spooked and shoot the guy you sent for me but I totally give you another chance at a meeting but this time you hire an assassin because you had sent your brother to the first meeting and now you want revenge. But I kill the assassin and vanish into the night only to show up a few months later standing over your bed with a gun pointed at your head when I say something along the lines of "Why did you try to kill me" and then you say something like "Because you killed my brother you bastard!" Then I pistol whip you in the face and throw a folder down on top of your unconscious body and vanish into the night, but not before stopping in the window turning around to look at your unconscious body and say "No I didn't". 

Then you wake up a few hours later and look at the folder that I left on your bed and see that it contains proof that there was an assassin hiding in the shadows behind us during the meeting with your brother and that I had been set up by your competition with the ultimate goal of keeping us apart and building a hatred of each other so that they could steal my talents from your magazine and have me work for them instead. Then we go on a bloody rampage hunting for the location of the man who runs the competing magazine over the course of many training montages, getting ready for the big fight montages and one awkward scene where you confess your love for me and I have to tell you that I don't go that way, but that I'm totally flattered by the advance and that you think of me in "that way". Then when we finally find the location of the place I walk off into the sunset towards the big battle that we have been building up to, only to stop turn around and say something heroic sounding like "Looks like their subscription just ran out." 

*cut to black*
*gun arming sound* 
To Be Continued...
*Fade to credits* 
*soft jazzy music plays*

Or you know, something along those lines. "
could... could you help me with my screenplay??
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Dalai

You need scouts, but no engineers or spies?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crusader8463
@nofx4208: Certainly. lol
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
@Dalai: HAH. No we could really use medics.... please... help u*gunshot* 

@crusader8463: XD you have really nice narrative thought and ideals. Kudos! I like your style of awesome
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crusader8463
@nofx4208:  Well what a cow-inky dink. I just so happen to be a Medic. And an Engineer. And a Heavy. And a Sniper And a....
No Caption Provided
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
@crusader8463: hey that's a real nifty *slit*
themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By themoon13

I appreciate the good humor but let's not derail this space any further, this is meant for people to ask questions if they have any.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By beargirl1

can i apply as a scout even though i was blacklisted from being a part of the luchazine? 

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By themoon13
@AjayRaz:  While its nothing personal Ajay, we aren't looking to reconnect with individuals that let The Luchazine down. If you wish to discuss this in more depth, you can PM/email myself and indian_boy.
bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By bacongames

The PM response should be enough right?  Just making sure I'm putting my stamp in here.  Should I send a message to indian_boy too?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd write something if I had anything to write.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By themoon13

Holy crap, over 20 new applicants already.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Barrock

Noooo. Ugh, I regret not having my girlfriend edit my submission.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FirePrince

Check out my CD2 review,and please tell me how it is! 
themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By themoon13
@FirePrince:  Do you mean check it out as a sample? If so, please take a look at the original post.
CrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By CrazedJoker

I wouldn't mind being an editor for you guys, I've noticed a lot of typos in the last two Luchazine issues.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Barrock

Any tips on future attempts to join Goran? :(

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By themoon13
@CrazedJoker:  Appreciate the offer, but we're not currently looking for editors at the moment. Its hard enough to coordinate in real time with editors spread across 3 time zones already. 
@Barrock: Some of these apply directly to The Luchazine and some are general writing tips: 
  • Read a lot of well-written video game related articles from credible sources/publications.
  • Decide which kind of writing style suits you and stick with it.
  • Try to write something every day whether it be 300 words or 1200.
  • I firmly believe that no written piece can ever be perfect. Write something (anything from reviews to short stories even) and come back to it the next day. Edit it and improve it overall. Then go "WOW WTF WAS I THINKING WHEN I WROTE IT THE FIRST TIME?!" 8D

Hope that helps a bit.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mmmslash
@crusader8463 said:
" @GoranP: I would apply for something but I think that I'll just wait for someone to come to me instead. Preferably in the form of a clandestine meeting in a dark alley way, or parking garage, where we both meet wearing fedoras and trench coats and talk in dark gravely voices while a thick fog rolls around our feet and a conveniently placed outside light shines a perfect circle illuminating the two of us in a mysterious silhouette. Perhaps hire some one to place a cat near some garbage cans to knock them over as we walk up to each other and first make eye contact, or have a car backfire which causes me to get spooked and shoot the guy you sent for me but I totally give you another chance at a meeting but this time you hire an assassin because you had sent your brother to the first meeting and now you want revenge. But I kill the assassin and vanish into the night only to show up a few months later standing over your bed with a gun pointed at your head when I say something along the lines of "Why did you try to kill me" and then you say something like "Because you killed my brother you bastard!" Then I pistol whip you in the face and throw a folder down on top of your unconscious body and vanish into the night, but not before stopping in the window turning around to look at your unconscious body and say "No I didn't". 

*cut to black*
*gun arming sound* 
To Be Continued...
*Fade to credits* 
*soft jazzy music plays*

Or you know, something along those lines. "
Have my babies.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers