Is Giant Bomb going to PAX Australia? - UPDATE: No.

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the get together on Friday, by the time it was to head over I was soaked with rain and was pretty knackered. The sucky part is I missed out on catching you all and now I find out I've missed CaH! I think I street passed you Hellerphant, if your mii is Hellaphant

MonthlyRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great to meet you all last night had a rad time chatting about Ryan, the bomb crew and just stuff in general.

Also, don't think I've ever laughed as hard as during that CAH game everything put down was GOLD!

PS I'm the one who won so I guess that makes me the most horrible?

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@wezmon said:

Jondan, are you a Melbourne local? I'm often setting up CAH games here and there. Do you want me to let you know when the next one is?

And to the duder I was talking to who is going through Borderlands 2, if you want a hand, send me a friend request on Xbox Live. GT is Wezmon.

It's me, I'm the duder going through Borderlands 2, in between every other damn thing from the current Steam sale, but I'm doing so on PC. >_<

If there are more CAH games to be horrible at (horribly awesome) I am so in.

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jondan:

Hey duder, another PC borderlands 2 guy here then if it helps. My steam name should be the same as my username here

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#206  Edited By zero_

Yeah, last night was hella fun y'all. Great place and a surprisingly chatty crowd, my mate was going on about how it was just all going to be a bunch of quiet nerds so it was great to prove him wrong.

From the awesome shipwreck Ryan tribute, talking about quick looks, to the awesome CAH game at the end, that was a Giant Bomb night through and through. Oddly satisfying to talk about inside jokes that people finally get! Thanks to hellarphant for organising. I was the short Asian guy with the GB hoodie that wasn't Norman Chan lol...

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@audiobusting: Check out the oculus rift if you have time, that was pretty cool. Rayman Legends and The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot were fun. If you're into splinter cell they have that playable there, and the popcultcha stand are selling some collectibles for fairly cheap compared to RRP, such as the Portal gun.

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm heading in to Pax today thanks to the Most Awesome Duder, @alexeik. If any GB people want to meet up, give me a holler on twitter @Wezmon73.

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By captpaulblues

My twitter is Paul_Blues (rare tweeter here too) if people want to meet. My friend who was meant to come along can't make it today so I won't be doing much

MonthlyRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a twitter but think I've tweeted like 3 since I created it haha, parad0xian is my twitter. Let me know if there's a CAH game on today and I'm in!

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#213  Edited By gutterkisser

Hey guys, I was the one with the dumb fringe and the black Obey shirt (because Ryan would have wanted me to "put the glasses on"). Had a great night, so hats off to @hellerphant and the rest of you.

I'm similarly scarce on social media, but I'm Gutterkisser on Twitter, Steam, XBL, Origin, etc etc.

Anyone got much planned for the rest of the weekend? I'm lazily making my way back there now, and I'm meant to be going to the after party at the Geddes Lounge tonight but we'll see..

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hey Duders!

How nuts was PAX! (you know me, I do speak in exclamation marks).

On twitter I'm @Lucian_Ventris and Steam my profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/lucianventris/ , because I am uninventive.

It was awesome to meet you all and we should do it again.

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Wezmon

Okay, I'd love to organise a catch up in, say, a months time in Melbourne. I'll bring CAH for sure. Should I make another thread in off topic, or just use this one?

Edit: I'll be double fistin' too! ;-)

MonthlyRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By MonthlyRage
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Haha Wezmon, saw you again today rocking the CAH table, surely you must've seen every card combination by now eh? :p I'd be down for another one sometime. Go ahead and make a new thread in the Australia page to catch more people's eye, and who knows, could up as a semi regular GB duder meet up.

Also, to the other duder on Sunday playing Joust near the end of the day and teaming up with me in it, I salute you sir. <>

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Rick_Fingers

Didn't make it sorry guys, I managed to injure my shoulder and by the time we got back to the apartment all I could manage was to pop some pain pills and pass out.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Guys this was simply awesome! Thank you all so much for coming, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you all.

I'll create a new thread tomorrow with the photos and we can share contact details. For Melbourne duders, I spoke to The Cure manager last night, more than happy for us to have that lovely upstairs room for some classy catch up/ board game nights whenever we like, so that's definitely on the cards.

@wezmon we must catch up soon! Bring the wife round, have a few drinks and play some sweet games.

Also Borderlands 2 guys on PC.....I'M SO IN FOR THAT!

@captpaulblues that sure is me! Shame we didn't actually meet face to face.

MonthlyRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By MonthlyRage

Me 3, played the hell out of borderlands 1 and not a whole lot of 2 so count me the heck in

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellerphant: even street passed you twice! Was a shame I didn't get to meet you or the other duders this weekend, but I'm in Melb so I'm always up for get togethers. Also some PC BL2

alexeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#222  Edited By alexeik

It was great to meet everyone, thanks @hellerphant for organising!

Now I feel really dumb for leaving early and not playing CAH with you guys. @wezmon, that card deck is a thing of beauty. Next time for sure, it'd be worth making another trip down to Melbourne. I must say, at the risk of angering fellow Sydneysiders, Melbourne is Awesome!

Let's also try to do a meet up in Sydney, it'd be great to catch up again and meet some more duders.

Thanks again guys, let's keep this rolling.

Twitter: @alexeikrasnov

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samurai Pizza Cats on Famicom.....PAXA will never be forgotten

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might have to get in on this Borderlands 2 revival, never had anyone to play with so it's gathering dust in my Steam library. Didn't find it very engaging solo but it deserves another look.

I take it I'm the only sucker from Canberra? Clowns to the north, jokers to the south, here I am etc etc...

Friday night was definitely one of the weekend's highlights. It's the first time I've been able to casually reference a Quick Look moment and actually have people know what the fuck I'm talking about.

For good measure: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gutterkisser

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people I haven't added my steam is paulblues and twitter is Paul_Blues

Jamakan_Inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only real regret is that I didn't get to stay long enough to play Cards against humanity. It would have been the icing on the very delicious cake that was my PAX trip.

TemplarNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abrasion: No, taller and darker, but I saw that guy as well!

MonthlyRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By MonthlyRage

My only real regret was not streetpassing the fuck out of my 3DS everywhere I walked. Seriously I think I must have missed thousands...

All I have now is several half filled puzzle panels and a handful of broken dreams.

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parad0xian: there's always next year, I street passed the hell out of PAX, I became a master at walking around crowds while checking the mii plaza. But at the end of PAX I think I had only gotten about 500 people on mine, wasn't sure if I didn't always have a good signal from the 3DS or it was just where I was walking around

Jamakan_Inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Jamakan_Inc

Still waiting on hellerphant to upload those photos so we can better figure out who is who.

Of the names I recall meeting, Jackie, Tom, Cameron?

Jamakan_Inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Jamakan_Inc

I'm Josh, by the way.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#232  Edited By hellerphant

Sorry guys, had the Pixels team at my place to do the podcast and live streaming yesterday.

The thread will be created this afternoon - I promise!

Jamakan_Inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7