Is Giant Bomb going to PAX Australia? - UPDATE: No.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I hope this wasn't a choice between PAX Australia and TGS, because I would've greatly preferred the latter. Some Iceland style travel stuff would be awesome for Australia, but I don't have big expectations for the event itself. Also conventions bring content to a screeching halt, even if they do liven up the Bombcast and bring us a panel video.

meganralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So who's actually got tickets to PAX Aus? Might be fun to grab some drinks if there are enough people.

Cammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@meganralph: Got myself a ticket. Excited as hell for the show and these guys coming down now, would be cool to get a meet together with some Aus users. I'm not a big user on the site, but would be fun to chat with some other like minded duders and have a few drinks.

meganralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lydian_sel: I'm reeeeally hoping a panel is in store but nothing on the PAX fb page yet or news from around here yet.

@cammy Same! Good opportunity for it (for me at least). There is a big party Sunday night I think but I think that's ticketed.

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd accepted that a GB visit wasn't realistic, so this is awesome news. Seriously appreciative of any effort made to visit, I know it's hardly an easy prospect.

On a more selfish note - living in a timezone that basically precludes me from watching GB live content - I'm more than happy for the site to slow down that week if it means something dumb happening down here.

Cammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meganralph: Yeah, think I saw that on the Pax site. Would be cool to steal from the Icelandic and pull something similar to what Drew and Patrick did for the Eve event! I guess we should just wait til a formal announcement is made before someone more organised gets something going, just massively excited for the show now!

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've got tickets to all three days and would totally be up for a drink or three.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Cammy

@animasta said:

I'm assuming he means no patrick or alex.

I'd be suprised if all of the main 4 were going. Likelihood of maybe 2 or 3 at most i'd say.

Yeah, was hoping for a panel, but who knows, all the details are very sketchy.

But a get together should be on the tables no matter which one of the crew comes down.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I wish I got tickets now. Shit! :(

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

FUCK YES!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Oh man, oh man! I was hoping this would happen but I never thought it actually would.

I'm so happy right now!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

I'm assuming he means no patrick or alex.

I'd be suprised if all of the main 4 were going. Likelihood of maybe 2 or 3 at most i'd say.

My guess is half the crew will be here for Pax while the other half remain in the studio to do dumb shit. Imagine Vinny, Brad and they bring back Dave for a week of something akin to Euro Truck Simulator 2 quick looks while Jeff, Ryan and Drew cover PAX AUS, that'll be a win win situation for both sides!

Daviesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Update from PAX Australia on their Facebook Page:

Not only have Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann and Ryan Davis tricked their CBS corporate overlords into sending them to Australia, they've also convinced the friendly organizers of PAX Australia to give them a panel! Now that we've gotten this far, let's keep this international shell game going and see how many people we can fool into showing up for this ill-defined hour of nonsense!

'Giant Bomb Presents: The Blunder Down Under with Jeff & Ryan: The Line: The Ride: Live!' will feature at PAX Australia on Friday, July 19 at 7:30pm in the Dropbear Theatre.

I'm really, really looking forward to that!

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you fucking kidding me!? I've only got a Sunday ticket, goddamn... they need to announce events before tickets get sold out

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got announced that they are hosting a panel. I'm so glad I bought a 3 day pass!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_: Yeah, I have a friend that wanted to see them but only has a Saturday ticket. Sucks for everyone who missed out.

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By IzunaDrop

Wow, I didn't even campaign for this because I didn't think it was possible. Those 3-day tickets purchased Week 1 just keep on giving.

Flying from the West Coast of Australia, which is basically as far as Petaluma. I can make this assumption because I have never seen the Pacific Ocean.

We need to organise drinking to welcome Jeff and Ryan in proper Aussie tradition. What is the most ghetto local liquor (not beer or wine) that we can gather for the occasion? What is the XXXX of spirits?

China Warrior Hyper and Batman Batman Batman on XONE confirmed as playable at PAXA.

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need to organise drinking to welcome Jeff and Ryan in proper Aussie tradition. What is the most ghetto local liquor (not beer or wine) that we can gather for the occasion? What is the XXXX of spirits?

Bundaberg Rum, though if you hadn't said no wine then I would have said goon sacks would be the best bet.

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By IzunaDrop

Hmm, yeah but they live near wine country so cask wine would have been as much a part of their lives as Coolabah Fruity Lexia was of mine. Bundy was also my first guess, but I am sure we can get something orders of magnitude more dangerous.

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More PAX. Because Ryan needs the breast milk.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

WTF, now that the tickets are sold out he says his coming..fuck!!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Called it!

Anyways, I'm so goddamn psyched for PAX now, it's going to be great.

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By captpaulblues

This made PAX all the more worth it, now there just needs to be a meet up

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By zero_

Just got this reply from taswell on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/taswell/status/341825786350804992

He says they're going to be there for at least the 3 days. Not sure if they're going to be doing anything the other days though, and whether or not their Friday panel is going to be recorded. The PAX Australia Facebook page says it's not planned for recording at this point.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Awesome, can't wait for this!

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By IzunaDrop

@meganralph: My partner and I will totally be up for a GB meetup. I'm sure we have enough people. I have no idea about ideal Melbourne bars though.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@izunadrop: I'm not over 18 so I'm not an expert on bars, but the mana bar seems pretty cool. According to my sister it is quite small however, so make sure it isn't too packed.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry but mana bar is a compete sham. Way way too small, horribly expensive drinks and the game selection isn't great, though they rotate around. Neither a good place for drinks (go to a real bar) and not a good place for games (go to the arcades out suffering)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

tickets are sooold the fuck out or what... :\

Daviesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Mana Bar is not really an option. The week of PAX it will be packed with a lineup, it only holds about 50 people.

alexeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So where should we all meet up? I'm in Sydney, not really familiar with Melbourne, if anyone has good suggestions let's pitch them to Jeff and Ryan.

D5tryr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By D5tryr

Never realised there was such an australian contingent here, I must post to the forums more...

I'm in Brisbane, so there's pretty much zero chance of them getting up here. But on the off chance, I'll recommend my local, The Scratch, for epic beers... (although it has an under 60 person licence it has seriously epic beers)

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan just said in Twitter that he's borrowing some game spot au people to record the show, so no worry to people who can't make it.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izunadrop: I'm not over 18 so I'm not an expert on bars, but the mana bar seems pretty cool. According to my sister it is quite small however, so make sure it isn't too packed.

The Mana Bar is a shithole, don't even bother. Take it to somewhere nicer in Fitzroy.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Mana Bar bullshit.

I reckon one of the larger multi level pubs in and around the CBD. Plenty of room for Duders and a good starting point for a night.

Somewhere like Pugg Mahones or James Squire would be good.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daviesh said:

Update from PAX Australia on their Facebook Page:

Not only have Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann and Ryan Davis tricked their CBS corporate overlords into sending them to Australia, they've also convinced the friendly organizers of PAX Australia to give them a panel! Now that we've gotten this far, let's keep this international shell game going and see how many people we can fool into showing up for this ill-defined hour of nonsense!

'Giant Bomb Presents: The Blunder Down Under with Jeff & Ryan: The Line: The Ride: Live!' will feature at PAX Australia on Friday, July 19 at 7:30pm in the Dropbear Theatre.

I'm really, really looking forward to that!

Yes! That's the day I'm going!

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

saladxaxsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow neat!

Missed out on a 3 day pass. Bought a Friday pass, got lucky there. Would love to see a video feature similar to Drew and Pat's Iceland trip.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duders: The PAX Australia site has just opened up limited tickets for the shows again! http://aus.paxsite.com/registration I just ordered a pair for Friday night (The night of the panel) I originally had Sunday - so looks like I'll be going 2 days. Get on it before it finishes up!

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By OGred
hojufixter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KDSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero Thanks for the heads up. Snagged a ticket for Friday.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... for those that don't use Twitter, someone (I assume one of you guys) have organised this official drink up:

https://twitter.com/hellerphant/status/349104199365185536

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys,

As @zero_ said, I'm organising a Giant Bomb meet up with Ryan at the moment for PAX Australia. This all started out because I wanted to meet the guys (they are the reason I became a games journalist in the first place), and I thought other people would love to say hello too. Some tweets were made, my Twitter app broke because of the overwhelming response, so here we are.

Just giving you all a status update - PAX Australia officials are helping out with a venue for the event, which is pretty awesome. We should be able to get somewhere that can accommodate a good number, so I'll let you all know what the go is once that's locked in.

Just waiting to hear from Ryan which night they would prefer, and then we can let you know about that also.

I'll keep this thread updated, but feel free to follow me on Twitter (@hellerphant).

So glad to be a part of this community, you guys are awesome!

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So now I just have to organise it so I can stumble drunkenly into Lord of the Fries on the way back from drinking with duders, I guess. Thanks, hellerphant (and PAX AU folks)!