Anyone still using Windows 7?

• 103 results
Wilzyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Windows 10 is coming soon and I will upgrade to that, but I noticed that over the years I stuck with 7.

I play PC games and keep up with modern hardware (i have a gtx 970) but I never felt like Windows 8 was necesary, however everyone seems to have it nowadays. So I am curios, does anyone here still use Windows 7?

I just realised it came out 6 years ago, thats a long time!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I use Windows 7 on my desktop and Windows 8.1 on my laptop because the touchscreen support is pretty swell. Will probably upgrade to Windows 10 for both.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Been running nothing but windows 7 since the beta.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still use use Windows 7. When I built my PC a couple of years ago, Windows 8 was in full swing, but I never liked using that operating system the limited times that I've had an opportunity to do so. So I went with Windows 7. It's worked fine for me ever since. I'm probably getting pretty close to wanting to do a full rebuild on my system at home (i5 processor, 8GB ram, GTX 660 Ti), and would probably go with Win 10 at that point.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Windows 7 on my desktop machine, and will be upgrading the OS HDD and the OS itself at the same time when Windows 10 is released and seems stable.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Still running Windows 7 here. Might go to 10 sometime after it comes out. I prefer to have the OS out for at least a few months before upgrading my main computer.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I'm still on Windows 7. I never much cared for 8, and specifically got my PC without it. I might upgrade to 10 for Xbox One reasons.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah still win 7

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: I bought a new laptop that came with it, installed classic shell and aeroGlass. Now I just have a sexier and faster version of 7. I noticed it was faster generating thumnails and indexing files. I haven't seen the fullscreen start menu in months.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Windows 8 was a fine, fast system, but on my older computer I never felt inclined to upgrade.

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What he said.

@isomeri said:

I use Windows 7 on my desktop and Windows 8.1 on my laptop because the touchscreen support is pretty swell. Will probably upgrade to Windows 10 for both.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

who would upgrade to windows 8

larmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By larmer

Of course I'm on windows 7, I'm using a desktop. Windows 8 always felt like it was designed for smartphones in the most obnoxious ways. I'll upgrade to 10 only if it functions like a proper desktop OS.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

7 user here as well. Not sure if I want to upgrade to 10. Maybe if the DX12 support gets big then maybe.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be if my old laptop still worked. I really like Windows 7.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 8 at home, but I just got a new job and everyone here is using 7.

It hasn't been very difficult to go back either. I never use most of the windows 8 specific features, or actively avoid them as much as I can. The old start menu is fucking BLISS though (at least before 8 added the old start button back).

8 isn't so bad... once you get used to it. You know; the Monster Hunter argument!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#17 FinalDasa  Moderator

My PC came with Windows 8 and it's not a big difference. I don't like some of the features but for the most part it feels like a Windows machine to me.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ateatree said:

What he said.

@isomeri said:

same here.

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Never ever saw any reason to stop using 7. I tried 8.1 for a day or two and hated it. We'll see about 10, but I still don't see much reason unless DX12 stuff turns out to be genuinely impressive.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my desktop I use for games I'm back on it. I was using Windows 10 from the start of the preview until about a month ago but ran into some issues that caused me to go back to 7.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, still using 7.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ME!

Looking forward to 10. Mostly because I like a fresh OS.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24 chaser324  Moderator

Windows 8 wasn't a very popular update. Most people that were using Windows 7 are still using it.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nah, I'm quite happy with 7. Does what I need it to, without too much unnecessary design change from previous iterations of Windows.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windows 7 is still the most used Windows at this time...so yeah.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windows 7 on Bootcamp

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: I bought a new laptop that came with it, installed classic shell and aeroGlass. Now I just have a sexier and faster version of 7. I noticed it was faster generating thumnails and indexing files. I haven't seen the fullscreen start menu in months.

Yeah, classic shell makes 8 much less clunky, and I would have done the same as you if I had to run it. I found the very idea of needing a workaround to make Windows 8 as user-friendly as previous iterations to be ridiculous, though, so I chose 7. I'm 100% satisfied with it, and it doesn't seem remotely slow. It might be the best OS Microsoft has ever produced. 10 will need to be impressive and interface well with the Xbox One for me to upgrade. Not that 7 does, actually, but I want to see the new Xbox to PC streaming feature work both ways, as streaming PC to Xbox has much more appeal to me. I'd also like to see music streaming from PC to Xbox make a return, but that might be a pipe dream because it would effectively kill off "Xbox Music", which I doubt MS wants to do. I can't imagine people are actually buying many new songs or songs they already own through Xbox, but I get why MS isn't chomping at the bit to abandon it all the same. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent here, so I'll stop. Windows 7 is great. Windows 8 missed the mark a bit. We'll see about Windows 10.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More people probably use 7 still then 8. I do. Windows 8 was a disaster and also offered no benefit to gaming.

When 10 comes out I may upgrade, but I will wait until they fix bugs and stuff.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Win 7. Waiting for 10. Looks good so far.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I use 8 and like it a lot. Snappy and customizable. Never got the hate for it at all. I don't get the Start menu thing.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32 MattyFTM  Moderator

I still have Windows Vista. Yes, Windows fucking Vista. I'm kinda annoyed that Microsoft are upgrading 7 and 8 (both perfectly functional operating systems) to 10 for free, but they won't throw me a bone and let me get rid of this travesty of software engineering that has been a blight upon my laptop for far too long.

I just built a new PC and I have 8.1 on that, but I still use my laptop for a lot of stuff (my PC is primarily for gaming and is hooked up to a TV, I still use my laptop for most web browsing and stuff like that).

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Still rocking 7 here, optimistic about 10 but will wait for reviews on how it is as a games platform before upgrading.

Hope to hear more at E3.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Windows update history goes something like 95-98-XP-7. I'll be waiting on reviews of 10 to see if it's any good. I never trust Microsoft with a new product. Give em a few years to work out the kinks. Though, the free update is enticing if it's any good to begin with.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still on 7 but planning on an eventual upgrade to 10 because DirectX12.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still rocking Windows 7 but I'll happily take Microsoft up on their offer for free Windows 10.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeap still Win 7

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are still using Windows XP, so I'm pretty sure there's still a sizable chunk using 7 still.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use windows 7 because I bought it and that shit is expensive.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pweidman

Yep, really like W7. I'll go W10 at some point but I really don't feel compelled now, free or not.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@mattyftm: oh.... wow :S I will pray for you

Anyways, pretty sure *most* people are on XP and 7.

8 is well known to be Vista 2. As for 9? We don't talk about Windows 9.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KirkyX

Still on 7, like most people. I'm probably going to upgrade to 10 once it's out. It looks like a decent evolution of 7, having jettisoned most of 8's bullshit, and it'll be free, so...

I run OS X on my laptop, and I'm currently torn between replacing it - it's in dire need - with another Mac, or switching to a Windows ultrabook of some sort. I really like the look of the ASUS UX305 and the Dell XPS 13, but I'm loathe to give up Apple's trackpads.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7 with the same sentiment as most. MS continues the streak of alternating so can't wait for that terrible ass 11 because I know we'll be that much closer to. 12 xD

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 7 installed on my secondary laptop hdd. I didn't have a problem with 8 per se (except for the ads in included apps), but the changes didn't give me much incentive to install my purchased upgrade. I did have a nagging but acknowledgedly invalid feeling that the split desktop environment stole processing power for something I wasn't going to use. But we'll see how 10 shakes out.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hell yea I am using Windows 7, why would I not?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's a good OS.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See no reason to move to 8.1. Windows 7 just works.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dadjumper

I ran 7 up until I got a mac a couple of months ago. It was generally reliable and I saw no reason to upgrade to a worse interface.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, why would I change? I'll switch when free Windows 10 drops. Otherwise, I see absolutely no reason to upgrade.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. W7 works well. Fewer ads. I won't upgrade until I'm forced to by MS not supporting new hardware on W7. Which apparently will be the case with DX12 and NVMe.