Persona 5 Announced

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Man, I guess I'll have to get a PS3 then... Hopefully they'll be dirt cheap by that time, kinda like what happened with the PS2.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

F*** Yeah! I cannot wait.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

They have to make a 360 version as well right? The announcement was made for the Japanese so there would be no reason to mention the 360 version in the trailer. Someone tell me there will be a 360 version.

Probably, Persona 4 Arena was on 360 and the announcement for the console version of the sequel only mentioned PS3, but it would be weird if that game wasn't 360, so I think reading to much into 360 not being mentioned for Persona 5 is premature. It probably won't be until the announce of a western release that we really know one way or the other.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Welp. Guess I'll be playing the Persona 5 re-release on another system in 2016.

Avatar image for claudeandmaddie
claudeandmaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By claudeandmaddie

The wait for this game is going to be un-bear-able.

siln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By siln

Next gen officially delayed for another year.

Did they seriously announce the P4-branded Project Diva game first? Because that is both moderately cool, but also glorious trolling in the context of such a hyped countdown.

I suppose there's a whole year in which they could announce a 360 release, but the fact that it states so definitively that it's a PS3 game in the announce trailer is probably not a good sign for anyone out there who may be hoping for it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@golguin said:

They have to make a 360 version as well right? The announcement was made for the Japanese so there would be no reason to mention the 360 version in the trailer. Someone tell me there will be a 360 version.

Probably, Persona 4 Arena was on 360 and the announcement for the console version of the sequel only mentioned PS3, but it would be weird if that game wasn't 360, so I think reading to much into 360 not being mentioned for Persona 5 is premature. It probably won't be until the announce of a western release that we really know one way or the other.

Persona 4 Arena 2 is only PS3. I would actually doubt Persona 5 will be on 360 at this point.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

@golguin said:

This had better be the case. They would be missing out on so much money otherwise, and does Sony really have reason to throw exclusivity money at a game that isn't targeted towards the current battlegrounds?

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By kmg90

@golguin said:

Don't get your hopes up... Especially since given the amount of scope and scale of P4... They are going to put that Blu-ray capacity to use... also JRPGs sell poorly on 360 compared to PS3...

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By Master_Funk

@golguin said:

Doubt it. When they announced Catherine and Persona 4 Arena, they said 360 upfront I believe.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@probablytuna: But there were already several SMT games on the PS2 by then. This is the first for the PS3

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb said:

They would be missing out on so much money otherwise

Would they? The 360 is barely alive in Japan and I doubt the Western Persona fanbase who only own a 360 would make much of a difference to Atlus.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siln said:

Next gen officially delayed for another year.

Did they seriously announce the P4-branded Project Diva game first? Because that is both moderately cool, but also glorious trolling in the context of such a hyped countdown.

The best trolling came at the beginning, when after the countdown ended an early trailer for Persona Q started, which was immediately cut short by a scary Japanese reporter lady talking on a roof and furiously moving her head around in front of the camera to block the screen and speak nonsense.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By shinjin977

@ll_exile_ll: Unfortunately the persona team is extremely small and they do not have the resources to do 2 version at once. P4A only came to both platform because Atlus was barely involve at all. It was an Aksys joint. Also Atlus don't fuck around, if it is multi-plat they will say it up front (P4A only came to ps3 in Japan but 360 was in the first trailer). I am not saying it will never happen but I would not hold my breath.
The good news is, by the time this is release ps3 will probably be 150$ us.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew said:

@andrewb said:

They would be missing out on so much money otherwise

Would they? The 360 is barely alive in Japan and I doubt the Western Persona fanbase who only own a 360 would make much of a difference to Atlus.

Even if I thought that last statement held any merit, look at it this way:

The game is obviously being built on a variant of the engine used for Catherine. The port work is done. It would be worth the money to do it for a major game in their franchise.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GREAT

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb: The engine used for Catherine was Gamebryo, an engine that they officially said they ditched.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Guess I gotta make sure my ps3 keeps on chugging for another year.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INVESTIGATION TEAM GOOOO!

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By casper_

all i'm saying is that the latest BB is ps3 only.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#72 MattyFTM  Moderator

@subwayd said:

I hope they've got Atlus US and whoever does their EU work on board. Get them working on the translations right off the bat.

Persona is big enough for a global release... right?

Oh no. It's going to be 2016 for Europe, isn't it? :(

It will almost certainly be a later release in Europe because Atlus doesn't have a European publishing arm.

BUT there's a very good chance it'll have a digital version on the PSN store, so you should be able to make a US PSN account and buy it from there.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Herk

In the back of my mind I expected this, but I still fucking hate them for it. If not for 360 at least make it work with Gaikai.

Hampe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dizzyhippos said:

winter 14 is q1 or q4?

Winter typically means Q4.

Not necessarily. It could be Q1.

Persona 4 was officially announced in March 2008 and came out in July, so P5 having a release date of Winter 2014 is actually believable. P3 was announced March 2006, and also came out in July.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By donchipotle

Hopefully it will be as good as Persona 3 was. That is the best Persona.

Also I think the game is about the Emancipation Proclamation.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I hope so much that either the NA version is region-free or the SEGA purchasing means that the EU version comes out at the same time.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cool. But you lost me with "for PS3". I refuse to buy a console again, and especially a Sony console, even if it means I'll miss out on Persona.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses: They did make Catherine and also ported Persona 4 over to the Vita. If these weren't developed I think we might've seen a Persona 5 much sooner. Perhaps they ran into trouble with the hardware (which explains why Catherine remains their only PS3/360 release so far) or they want to be more ambitious with their next Persona. Either way, at least we know that's it's coming, even if good things do take time.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I know when I'm making the plunge and finally getting a PS...3

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

son of a bitch! i gave my ps3 to my brother.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deadmanforking

Man, my PS3 is very picky when it comes to playing games. Most games just crash the thing... Kinda hope there is a 360 version.

That said, it probably won't be out till like 2015-16 in Europe, so I can always just buy anther PS3 if need be. Hell I bought a Vita just to replay Persona 4 because I couldn't find my PS2 copy...

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Vita version!??!!? What is this bullshit.

I thought P4G was a huge success, how can they not follow up on a vita version.

Being able to play persona 4 in bed and on the toilet was one of the greatest things to ever happen to me :(

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatness awaits! Better keep that ps3 plugged in for another year. Guess the 360 is going in the closet....

In all honesty so excited for a new major JRPG on a console. Atlus knows how to close generations right (persona 6 In winter 2015!!!!)

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@mattyftm said:

@subwayd said:

I hope they've got Atlus US and whoever does their EU work on board. Get them working on the translations right off the bat.

It will almost certainly be a later release in Europe because Atlus doesn't have a European publishing arm.

BUT there's a very good chance it'll have a digital version on the PSN store, so you should be able to make a US PSN account and buy it from there.

Although SEGA does have a European publishing arm so hopefully they can get it out if Atlas can't.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Karkarov

PS3.... seriously? ??!?!?!?! Ok Atlus :P At least I have one more reason to keep the thing connected for now.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm said:

@subwayd said:

Hopefully Sega will help them releasing it in Europe, I really hope so atleast!

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By djou

I can't believe this was all there was to the announcement. Was there a single person out there thinking that Atlus wasn't making another Persona game? If this were any other game the internet would be on fire calling bullshit. The teaser doesn't have a single gameplay shot or even the logo. Winter 2014... probably only in Japan and on the PS3? Its out of touch crap like this that is making Japanese gaming irrelevant. These games are largely successful because of their fan service. Instead of accomodating that Atlus trolls its fans with endless teasers, countdowns, and vague messages. Weak sauce!

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really hope someone captured the stream/stream chat because the emotional roller coaster was hilarious.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll:

Unfortunately the persona team is extremely small and they do not have the resources to do 2 version at once. P4A only came to both platform because Atlus was barely involve at all. It was an Aksys joint. Also Atlus don't fuck around, if it is multi-plat they will say it up front (P4A only came to ps3 in Japan but 360 was in the first trailer). I am not saying it will never happen but I would not hold my breath.

The good news is, by the time this is release ps3 will probably be 150$ us.

I don't really care either way, even if it was on 360 I would still get it for PS3, but obviously there are Persona fans out there that don't have PS3s, so it would be a shame if they couldn't play the game.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

With the prominence of red, I wonder if that red-haired character in P4A2 will be involved.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hampe said:

@fluxwavez said:

@dizzyhippos said:

winter 14 is q1 or q4?

Winter typically means Q4.

Not necessarily. It could be Q1.

Persona 4 was officially announced in March 2008 and came out in July, so P5 having a release date of Winter 2014 is actually believable. P3 was announced March 2006, and also came out in July.

this is very true and if this is truly the case, you will forever be my favorite poster on the internet.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@casper_ said:

i really hope someone captured the stream/stream chat because the emotional roller coaster was hilarious.

No Caption Provided

This was all I snagged before I turned off comments.

There's also this:

Loading Video...

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if the dungeon this time around will be a prison where Shadows torture humans? I dunno. I need to know more!!

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AngelN7

I'm glad this is for PS3 , it would be cool if it was multiplatform but I doubt it.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Yet another reason to pick up a PS3 at this point.

And, damn, y'all are quick.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't rule out a 360 version in the west just yet. Maybe Sega hires one of the specialized PC port houses and makes a PC version in the end. :p

Europe 2016.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I would gladly pay more on top of my subscription for a Persona 5 Endurance Run!!!! Someone kick start it!!!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I am so happy right now I can barely type. FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!