Sony's latest trailer. Your thoughts?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shinjin977

they are really clanking out these things. Wasn't there another one just like 2 days ago? Also, pretty good and the music is great.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sure is weird seeing "from the makers of Halo" in a Playstation ad.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Pretty nice trailer. I really like the music that they use in it too. By chance, does anyone know what song it may be?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I think my biggest criticism with the ad is how they put Injustice, War Thunder, and Lego: Marvel Super Heroes in the middle like that. It was fine to mention them, but there should have been a lot of other 3rd party titles surrounding them. Why specifically mention War Thunder and not Warframe, or Backlight: Retribution, or any of the other free to play titles that will be available on day one?

Other than that, I thought it was pretty good. It was also smart of them not to use a song with vocals, as that's often far more polarizing than an instrumental.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Didn't do anything for me.

I hate that they trademarked "The best place to play".

Wieners.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't do anything for me.

I hate that they trademarked "The best place to play".

Wieners.

If you are going to use a motto, you have to trademark it. Otherwise any fool can throw a copyright claim

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somedelicook: Yeah, I get it, they're still wieners following rules made by other wieners.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"from the makers of Halo" I never thought i would see this on a Playstation Ad.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Cool ad! Very eye-catching and creative.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"from the makers of Halo" I never thought i would see this on a Playstation Ad.

"from the makers of Goldeneye 007"

"from the makers of Banjo-Kazooie"

"from the makers of Killer Instinct"

These are things that I thought I'd see a lot more often in Xbox ads during the last console generation. Life is full of surprises, isn't it?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jimmyfenix

@spaceinsomniac: Sunset Overdrive will definitely have "From the makers of Ratchet and Clank" on the back of its game case!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Includes 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay..."

May just have become the worst advertising blurb ever.

It's not a level, not a new map, not a series of missions. Minutes of gameplay, what does that even mean?!!?

Ugh!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

I'm looking forward to all the launch coverage. Things are starting to get real.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

It's not a level, not a new map, not a series of missions. Minutes of gameplay, what does that even mean?!!?

Ugh!

I know what you mean, but it's still the best way to inform customers in a limited amount of space. "Three exclusive missions" is completely undefined, and could last 15 minutes or five hours. That's how many missions are included in the exclusive Assassin's Creed add-on, but it's much more accurate to just say 60 more minutes of exclusive gameplay.

Loading Video...

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rafaelfc said:

Ugh!

Not really, you should get hyped for the "exclusive hacking boost" only available on Playstation copies of Watch Dogs, releasing sometime before June 30th, 2014. Maybe.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best place to play 60 minute exclusive content.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

*For six months only.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Oh damn, only a month left.

I've been facing a dilemma today, I've got a PS4 pre-ordered but have been seriously considering ditching it for an Xbox One pre-order (you can still get one in the UK). I've had a 360 since launch, don't own a PS3 (so I've never played a Killzone or Infamous game) and I'm starting to have second doubts.. Kinect might be alright, the snap feature might be useful, TitanFall looks awesome, I love me some Halo, I've had a Gold subscription for 8 years and the PS4 2013 exclusives aren't exactly groundbreaking.

The main reason I initially chose a PS4 over and Xbox One was for the extra graphics capability, the lure of PS+ (and free games?), the promise of a better indie focus, a chance to (hopefully) play some of the many PS3 games I missed out on and the £80 cheaper price.

I had been planning on getting an Xbox One next year (April-ish time) so that I had both this generation and chances are I'll keep my Xbox Live Gold subscription going for the next 12 months but damn am I torn about what to do next month!

Somebody persuade me one way or the other.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like that Sony is putting out a variety of commercials, and that most are better than what they had for the PS3 launch. None of the commercials for any of the systems are "classics", but so few commercials hit that well.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By xyzygy

@lumley said:

I've been facing a dilemma today, I've got a PS4 pre-ordered but have been seriously considering ditching it for an Xbox One pre-order (you can still get one in the UK). I've had a 360 since launch, don't own a PS3 (so I've never played a Killzone or Infamous game) and I'm starting to have second doubts.. Kinect might be alright, the snap feature might be useful, TitanFall looks awesome, I love me some Halo, I've had a Gold subscription for 8 years and the PS4 2013 exclusives aren't exactly groundbreaking.

The main reason I initially chose a PS4 over and Xbox One was for the extra graphics capability, the lure of PS+ (and free games?), the promise of a better indie focus, a chance to (hopefully) play some of the many PS3 games I missed out on and the £80 cheaper price.

I had been planning on getting an Xbox One next year (April-ish time) so that I had both this generation and chances are I'll keep my Xbox Live Gold subscription going for the next 12 months but damn am I torn about what to do next month!

As of right now I am getting an Xbox One based solely on the fact that the lineup is looking more interesting. I don't care for those little one shot indie games that Sony is putting so much into, they lose steam quickly and are ultimately forgettable. I don't let graphical prowess sway me - I have always owned the technically far inferior console and that didn't change how much fun I had with it. It's about the games, man.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Darji

@bigjeffrey said:

*For six months only.

What I think is great about this is that they are telling you exactly how long it will be exclusive. Normally you only hear exclusive but now they are telling you the truth.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lumley: I'm getting an XONE. I don't really wanna persuade you.

But XONE is getting indies as well. I'm liking what I see with the XONE controller. Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Dead Rising 3 all seem really good for me.

For fun, I'm getting Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag at launch. NBA Live 14 and Call of Duty Ghosts might be next to buy in like December or so, actually.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indie stuff was the best and briefest part of the trailer

Also "from the makers of Halo" lol.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jimmyfenix
@xyzygy said:

@lumley said:

As of right now I am getting an Xbox One based solely on the fact that the lineup is looking more interesting. I don't care for those little one shot indie games that Sony is putting so much into, they lose steam quickly and are ultimately forgettable. I don't let graphical prowess sway me - I have always owned the technically far inferior console and that didn't change how much fun I had with it. It's about the games, man.

Get both! Or a Wii u.....just get a Wii U man.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spraynardtatum

@lumley: I'd say wait. If you're not excited than you should wait to see how everything turns out after these things are actually out in public.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum said:

@lumley: I'd say wait. If you're not excited than you should wait to see how everything turns out after these things are actually out in public.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Wait to see how the release games review, what the general opinion of both systems are and how well games run on them.. but I do worry how long the consoles will be out of stock after release, I want to get one this year.

@xyzygy said:

I try not to let the graphical capabilities sway me but it's reports like the (now confirmed bullshit) 'Xbox One running games at 720p' that are getting me a bit worried. Also on paper according to NeoGaf users the PS4 looks a fair bit more powerful. I guess waiting to see how that all ends up may be the best option.

Na, I'll just get an Ouya.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By falserelic

I think I might be able to get both ps4 and xbone, as for the Wii U no thanks.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#30 MattyFTM  Moderator

they are really clanking out these things. Wasn't there another one just like 2 days ago? Also, pretty good and the music is great.

Well the previous one was SCEE, this one is SCEA. Different regions, different marketing teams.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YO I WASN'T SOLD BEFORE, BUT PLAY MAGAZINE SAYS THERE'S AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF TECH IN THAT THING!!

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lumley said:

@spraynardtatum said:

Yeah, that's a good idea. Wait to see how the release games review, what the general opinion of both systems are and how well games run on them.. but I do worry how long the consoles will be out of stock after release, I want to get one this year.

@xyzygy said:

I try not to let the graphical capabilities sway me but it's reports like the (now confirmed bullshit) 'Xbox One running games at 720p' that are getting me a bit worried. Also on paper according to NeoGaf users the PS4 looks a fair bit more powerful. I guess waiting to see how that all ends up may be the best option.

@jimmyfenix said:

Na, I'll just get an Ouya.

I say the smartest thing to do is wait on both console for about 1 year. By then both will have a nice bit of games and you will know for sure which one to get. I mean PSN could get hack again or RROD could happen again. We don't know. Best to wait and see.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Sony is definitely on point with their messaging. Night and Day contrast with Microsoft.

They know exactly who they want to target and how to pitch the system to that audience.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spoonman671

Does anybody know what the hell the PS4 version of Injustice actually is? It doesn't appear to be a graphical overhaul, as it looks pretty similar to the PS3 version from what I've seen. Is it just a GOTY edition, with all the DLC, that happens to be available on PS4?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

But how many transistors does it have?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

But how many transistors does it have?

Not sure, but I know it has the one that I care about.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Head-bobbingly great. Get hyped.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@slag said:

Sony is definitely on point with their messaging. Night and Day contrast with Microsoft.

They know exactly who they want to target and how to pitch the system to that audience.

Agreed. They're playing to the core and their base, and I think that's the right move. The people dropping $600+ (once you factor in taxes, games, etc.) on a next-gen system in the next year are going to be enthusiasts. Even setting aside the higher price and policy debacles, Microsoft backed themselves into a marketing corner by putting so much emphasis on the Kinect and multimedia functions, two things most enthusiasts don't really care about. Sony's message from the start has been "if you like video games, we've got you covered". They've stayed on-message, and have garnered a lot of good will. Considering where SCE was around 2007, it's a pretty amazing transformation.

Yeah, I have to admit though Sony still doesn't feel as though they are winning so much as Microsoft is losing. Most of their product's benefits and excitement are about what they are not doing as opposed to what they are. I suspect if Microsoft came out with Sony's focus on the gamer, they'd probably be dominating right now.

They have a relatively narrow window to really establish what the PS4 is about on its' own merits. Even now I'm not really sure what makes next gen worth buying beyond better graphics. Like a lot of people I suspect I'm waiting this first year out to see how the game lineups and hardware play out.

As someone who has always gotten consoles on launch day, it feels weird to not be that excited this time.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@grantheaslip said:

@slag said:

Agreed. They're playing to the core and their base, and I think that's the right move. The people dropping $600+ (once you factor in taxes, games, etc.) on a next-gen system in the next year are going to be enthusiasts. Even setting aside the higher price and policy debacles, Microsoft backed themselves into a marketing corner by putting so much emphasis on the Kinect and multimedia functions, two things most enthusiasts don't really care about. Sony's message from the start has been "if you like video games, we've got you covered". They've stayed on-message, and have garnered a lot of good will. Considering where SCE was around 2007, it's a pretty amazing transformation.

Yeah, I have to admit though Sony still doesn't feel as though they are winning so much as Microsoft is losing. Most of their product's benefits and excitement are about what they are not doing as opposed to what they are. I suspect if Microsoft came out with Sony's focus on the gamer, they'd probably be dominating right now.

They have a relatively narrow window to really establish what the PS4 is about on its' own merits. Even now I'm not really sure what makes next gen worth buying beyond better graphics. Like a lot of people I suspect I'm waiting this first year out to see how the game lineups and hardware play out.

As someone who has always gotten consoles on launch day, it feels weird to not be that excited this time.

Next gen is worth buying because current gen is going away.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By TheHT

Looked like some internal hype trailer. I'm not impressed, but I'm already gonna get a PS4 at some point, so they could get David Lynch back to do the next trailer for all I care.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoyed the music, the quotes are just awful like they always are in these things.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Aviar

The more I see all these video the more I just want the 15th to get here already and get my hands on one!

Slippy4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we weren't allowed to make video posts?

Isn't this against the rules?

You know , to stop the whole ''lel look the funny video I found on the internet guys!'' posts.

Slippy4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lumley said:

ps4 doesn't have backward compadability, So no PS3 games

You could just get indies on PC , if you're into those games.( I'm not, so I don't care and don't know anything about indies)

PS+? Along with the 50$ pay wall ? How does that work? I doubt they'll have anything to give away given that it's a new console.

Also, Infamous has no release date so you're probably going to have to wait.

That whole '' twice as powefull'' is just PR spin, they said the same thing with PS3 and the multiplats always ran better on 360.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@slippy4475: Let me guess, you are going to call him a Sony Terrorist.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lumley

ps4 doesn't have backward compadability, So no PS3 games

You could just get indies on PC , if you're into those games.( I'm not, so I don't care and don't know anything about indies)

PS+? Along with the 50$ pay wall ? How does that work? I doubt they'll have anything to give away given that it's a new console.

Also, Infamous has no release date so you're probably going to have to wait.

That whole '' twice as powefull'' is just PR spin, they said the same thing with PS3 and the multiplats always ran better on 360.

I'm on about the Gakkai service that Sony had been touting, in the long run it sounds like PS3 games will be available on the PSN or elsewhere via 'the cloud'.

Well, I do play plenty of indies on the PC but my PC (laptop) isn't great so I do try to avoid getting games on Steam that are also available on XBLA.

Sounded like they were planning plenty of decent deals (akin to the PS3 ones) for PS+ users. Resogun for example will be free for PS+ users whenever that comes out.

Correct, annoyingly both consoles have a terrible 2013 lineup. Granted BF4, AC4 should be amazing on next gen consoles but I'm not that interested in either of those.

Yeah, sounds like they are a lot more similar than everybody originally thought they would be. I saw an article earlier (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/23/resident-evil-creator-says-ps4-and-xbox-one-are-almost-identical/) saying that the specs are 'almost identical'. We won't know until next month but I expect that at least for the next 12 months games will look identical on both.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we weren't allowed to make video posts?

Isn't this against the rules?

You know , to stop the whole ''lel look the funny video I found on the internet guys!'' posts.

An exception is made for official trailers. If this were a funny cat video, things would be different.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@lumley said:

If it's really that much of an issue, can't you wait a few months?