User Lists: 17

Cause its the best game of 2011?

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I dunno, I guess I just don't consider skydiving through a plane twice normal gangster stuff?

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I liked the second one more, mostly because The Third added very little to the core gameplay I was already pretty bored of. The actually serious story beat(s) made the ridiculous stuff feel even dumber in 2 but I totally get why many prefer 3 over it.

Also I could never get my Guile to look as good as he did in 2 and the Pimp Cane and Slap were fun.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

You're right in a lot of ways. The game isn't all it's cracked up to be. The thing that makes it interesting and unique is how they just decided to make everything goofy and ridiculous. Other than that though, actually playing the game is just a standard open world game, a decent one at that, but it's really nothing special when you take away the goofiness.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you weren't sold by that opening sequence then you have no soul.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Marcsman

Streaking

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The framerate on the PS3 was pretty solid 30 for the most part and was fully vsynced. Obviously the PC would have given you the most bang though.

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was sold by this part of the game so maybe you won't enjoy as much as I did. It does get better though.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

One word: Tiger

raycarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 1

I think what makes SR3 memorable is that it is freakin insane. And just when you think the game couldn't top itself in terms of craziness, it does. I honestly thought the game was just a big turf war a la GTA, but then we have wrestling, Tron-lite, major paramilitary organizations [STAG], and so on and so forth. It's just really really fun to watch the insanity measure go higher and higher and higher.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yeah if you've had all the gags spoiled for you it won't be a great time.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Sin4profit

So far i'm not feeling it, standard issue open world action game and in the back of my head i remember the people hyping it up saying, "they just thought, 'what would be fun here' and put that in the game" but then i'm dealing with a revive mechanic, a stamina mechanic and a painfully boring zombie mission.

I'm stuck on a really boring, and mechanically frustrating, mission "Three Way" and i feel like i'm better off shelving the game.

It seems like a case for aesthetics overshadowing mechanics and that's just not my thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

1. It should be played on PC.

2. It's better when you are fully leveled up.

3. After the tutorial missions, things really start heating up. Keep playing.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't think the graphics and sound are technically amazing, but I think stylistically they're pretty well done and that the voice work in that game is pretty good. The combat is at the very least okay, and as you get further in you will start encountering more enemy types. The initial missions setting up the side activities will stop soon as well. I think the game has a pretty nuts opening, but it gets more crazy further in, there's always going to be a build to that kind of thing.

It's an open-world crime game so the contents of the game are always going to happen within the context of "Gangster stuff", but I don't think the characters and events in SR3 are just your run-of-the-mill. One of my favourite things about that game is that it really manages to break away from stuff like GTA and find its own ridiculous personality in a way that I don't think previous Saint's games did.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bought The Full Package Steam version and the game seems like it's stupid fun as advertised (which is good).

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Kazona

The gameplay is miles ahead of what was in Saints Row 2 but the increased amount of crazy, while funny at times, did not succeed in making me like it better than its predecessor.