Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: On the topic of Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup (131 votes)

Fuck Yeah! Gimme that Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese! 79%
Gross. That shit be nasty. 0%
I'm a Tomato Soup Only guy/gal 2%
Grilled Cheese only is the only way to live 15%
I'm down with grilled cheese but not with Tomato Soup but with... (explain) 5%

I just had lunch. I had Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. It is delicious. You should also find it delicious. Vote or Die.

#1 Posted by BaneFireLord (2933 posts) -

That sounds fucking delicious and I'm suddenly starving.

#2 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

Panera Bread does a pretty good GC&TS

#3 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Pro-Tip: Red Pepper Soup is like fucking delicious-er tomato soup, especially with crushed garlic. So damn good with a grilled cheese.

#4 Posted by Brendan (7804 posts) -

Give it to me

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -
#6 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

My mind interpreted the subject as "soup made from grilled cheese and tomatoes" as opposed to tomato soup and a discrete grilled cheese sandwich.

Pondering if that would work better as a soup or as a flavor of potato chip.

#7 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

"Gimme that funk, that sweet, that nasty, that gushee stuff"

#8 Edited by Animasta (14691 posts) -

damn now I'm hungry too :(

#9 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Those are both good, but I don't really see a reason to have them together. If I had either one for lunch I'd be satisfied.

#10 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1246 posts) -

Now I know what I am going to have for lunch tomorrow.

#11 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup is my go-to winter meal. Delicious.

#12 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Can never go wrong with tomato soup and grilled cheese.

#13 Posted by drac96 (670 posts) -

When I was in college I ate grilled cheese almost every single day and didn't get sick of it. Tomato soup was not offered very often though, which was a major bummer.

Man, now I need some grilled cheese.

#14 Posted by Andorski (5308 posts) -

Slightly Off Topic:

I have some wheat bread. Should I make grilled cheese with that or is that a travesty (because grilled cheese should only be made with white bread)?

#15 Edited by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

@andorski: I'd totally eat a wheat bread grilled cheese. I say make it then report back with the results.

#16 Posted by Andorski (5308 posts) -

@andorski: I'd totally eat a wheat bread grilled cheese. I say make it then report back with the results.

I'll need to buy some tomato soup first. Any recommendations (other than making it from scratch; I'm too lazy to do that)?

#17 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

oh my god I don't have tomato soup in my kitchen

you got my hopes up for NOTHING

JERK

#18 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Fuck yeah! Tomato soup and grilled cheese is awesome.

#19 Posted by Rebel_Scum (705 posts) -
#20 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

I will often dunk said grilled cheese sandwich into said bowl of soup. Fuck yeah.

#21 Edited by Dalai (7028 posts) -

This is one of the most lopsided polls I've seen here in a long time. At least you guys chose the only correct answer.

#22 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

Pro-Tip: Red Pepper Soup is like fucking delicious-er tomato soup, especially with crushed garlic. So damn good with a grilled cheese.

Your words symbolize the motherfucking truth. Fuck the fuck yeah!

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

@rebel_scum: Take a can of Campbell soup to the can opener hit the button dump in a pot add water. BOOM. Tomato soup.

#24 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Grilled cheese is awesome but fuck tomatoe soup! That shit has tomoatoes in it! I would totally take pretty much anything else with the grilled cheese though. I've had grilled cheese and sushi before...what? Don't look at me like I'm crazy!

#25 Edited by BaconGames (3403 posts) -

I like grilled cheese a lot. I've had it with tomato soup. It was okay. I'll have it with a little bit if it's available.

That's it.

#26 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Love me some Grilled Cheese with Tomato soup. Goldfish crackers are mandatory for my soup if I make it. Some heavenly stuff right there.

#27 Edited by Slag (4345 posts) -

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup is the best cafeteria day. Probably the cheapest food day too.

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

@theunsavedhero: I can't believe I never thought of that before. Shit, now I need to try this ASAP.

#29 Posted by Rebel_Scum (705 posts) -

@rebel_scum: Take a can of Campbell soup to the can opener hit the button dump in a pot add water. BOOM. Tomato soup.

Oh dear...

#30 Posted by Hunter5024 (5667 posts) -

How do you guys like your grilled cheese? Because in my head its kind of gross, but that's because I can only picture wonder bread and kraft singles.

#31 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

So next question Is which I should have already asked but... buttered bread or no butter on your grilled cheese?

#32 Posted by Slag (4345 posts) -

@demoskinos: oh buttered definitely

deep fry the sucker for bonus points.

#33 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

How do you guys like your grilled cheese? Because in my head its kind of gross, but that's because I can only picture wonder bread and kraft singles.

Butter on Pepperidge Farms and your deli's finest cheese makes an excellent grilled cheese.

#34 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11720 posts) -

This feels like a Hizang poll, not that I'm complaining. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup is never not great.

#35 Posted by Hunter5024 (5667 posts) -

@haltiamreptar said:

@hunter5024 said:

Butter on Pepperidge Farms and your deli's finest cheese makes an excellent grilled cheese.

Fuck that does sound good. I wonder how many people will actually eat a grilled cheese they wouldn't normally have because of this thread.

#36 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Grilled cheese is great and all, but tomato soup is some hot fucking garbage.

#37 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@zoozilla said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

Your words symbolize the motherfucking truth. Fuck the fuck yeah!

Fuckin' A they do, man!

Oh dear lord no. You need some good bread and real cheese. I'm a fan of the classic style grilled cheese so for me it's some good po-ta-to bread (buttered on the outside for sure, inside if you're feeling luxurious) and just tillamook cheddar. Some people like sharp cheddar but I feel it melts poorly and it's got too much of a bite to it for grilled cheese. You can also experiment with various cheeses and breads to find your favorite. I've done a baguette with some good cheddar and that was certainly tasty. Another great option is to pry the sandwich apart right when you take it off the pan and add a decent layer of classic homemade mac and cheese. Not that kraft shit (shit is a strong word, I honestly love craft mac), has to be the real deal. Ads some texture and flavor and substance to the sandwich, still goes great with tomato/red pepper soup.

#38 Posted by Sanj (2387 posts) -

Never had it, so I can't comment on whether I'd like it. Sounds like something that could go either way with me.

#39 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

So grilled cheese is cheese on toast, right?

If so, fuck yes. If it's just cheese melted on top of the soup, that's still a fuck yes.

#40 Posted by ShaggE (6451 posts) -

@greggd said:

I will often dunk said grilled cheese sandwich into said bowl of soup. Fuck yeah.

That's the only acceptable way to eat such a dish. Steep that sandwich like a tea bag.

#41 Edited by Snail (8604 posts) -

That sounds like an unlikely combination, and a potentially desirable one. I was unaware this was a thing.