SNL Fleet: Romulan Expansion

• 190 results
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

@hero_swe: @insane_shadowblade85: IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY YOU'LL SHOW YOUR FACE MORE THAN...whoa sorry, I don't even have those latchkey issues to channel. ;) Yeah, c'mon back duder! In the unlikely event that your character has a problem, or that your account was hacked (because that was indeed a problem), Support should be able to help somewhat, but that's not us.

@scroll: I seriously don't know how to answer "how are the mid level ships". :) "A stopgap to Tier 5 ships" would be my answer. Here's the stats dev blog. :)

@legion_ai: Is "ithor" a Romulan toon < level 10? If yes, once you ally with Fed we can invite.

Sharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Sharpshooter

I just started up a Starfleet aligned Romulan that would be more than happy to help out the SNL. Character is Sovak@IrishSteve. I've got a max level human character as well (Dylan Hunt@IrishSteve). Only thing is the fleet he's in is about 2 weeks away from finishing all the facility upgrades for the fleet starbase and I would like to see that through to completion. Once thats done though he'll be right over.

Edit: Whoops, put in the wrong account name on those. Its right now @IrishSteve.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@brackynews: Well I had a slight issue with KDF lacking the variety of ships that the feds have early on.

legion_ai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hero_swe: Ok, I figured it out, my login to the launcher and the game are technically different. The account name is actually legionai. But when I went and pressed O, turns out the handle is a third name(?), so the real one is actually "Ithor@mrmantaray95". No idea how I have somehow accumulated 3 different names.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By hero_swe

I just started up a Starfleet aligned Romulan that would be more than happy to help out the SNL. Character is Sovak@IrishSteve. I've got a max level human character as well (Dylan Hunt@IrishSteve). Only thing is the fleet he's in is about 2 weeks away from finishing all the facility upgrades for the fleet starbase and I would like to see that through to completion. Once thats done though he'll be right over.

Edit: Whoops, put in the wrong account name on those. Its right now @IrishSteve.

@hero_swe: Ok, I figured it out, my login to the launcher and the game are technically different. The account name is actually legionai. But when I went and pressed O, turns out the handle is a third name(?), so the real one is actually "Ithor@mrmantaray95". No idea how I have somehow accumulated 3 different names.

Sovak and Ithor have had their invites sent, welcome to Space Neon Lobsters! Soon with our new formed growing ranks our enemies will crumble beneath our pincers!

TravDiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played when it originally launched, but I would love to get back into the game, could I possibly get an invite? I am Federation right now and my handle is Thiris@TravDiddy2. I would appreciate the invite!

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Goebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goebel@agoebel looking for an invite.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lclay

Hey there!

Started playing this game over the last couple days, i have a level 11 Romulan and I am looking to join the SNL Fleet - Do I have to be in the US to join? I'm not really sure how the servers work so maybe they seperate EU players?

I'm a little confused what my mail address is as I have a difference name for my perfect world account and my STO account? I think it is solius@noonnianh

I don't know how useful I'll be as I am in the UK so not awake at the same time as most you guys and I have a full time job but I think it would be pretty fun to join a fleet anyway even if its just for casual stuff.

Thanks!

comp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just joined the SNL Fed fleet. My handle is Rycus@rycus1214. Starting playing again shortly before the 5/23 STO TNT. I really like the new UI/login screen.

seismicshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By seismicshock

I can't convince the PerfectWorld website to let me create an account :(

EDIT: I launched the client I DLed through steam and it opened a different registration page there, and that worked properly

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goebel said:

Goebel@agoebel looking for an invite.

Just sent one to ya.

@lclay said:

Hey there!

Started playing this game over the last couple days, i have a level 11 Romulan and I am looking to join the SNL Fleet - Do I have to be in the US to join? I'm not really sure how the servers work so maybe they seperate EU players?

I'm a little confused what my mail address is as I have a difference name for my perfect world account and my STO account? I think it is solius@noonnianh

I don't know how useful I'll be as I am in the UK so not awake at the same time as most you guys and I have a full time job but I think it would be pretty fun to join a fleet anyway even if its just for casual stuff.

Thanks!

You don't need to be in the US. Aussie here. I sent an invite.

@comp13 said:

Just joined the SNL Fed fleet. My handle is Rycus@rycus1214. Starting playing again shortly before the 5/23 STO TNT. I really like the new UI/login screen.

Welcome to the Lobster Cage!

I can't convince the PerfectWorld website to let me create an account :(

EDIT: I launched the client I DLed through steam and it opened a different registration page there, and that worked properly

Excellent, hit us up if you need an invite.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#63  Edited By Brackynews

New users up to here have been added to the Recent Recruit Roster post. Thx KR & HS!

@scroll: So many of us felt that way... "because I'm a potatoship..." {{:-[

@lclay: Your PWE and Cryptic accounts should be "merged", but what MMOs are trying to do is that the name other players see should not be the name you use to log in, or your email, for security.

Cryptic games use a single shard (server) with instancing, so there is only ever one global server. There are all sorts of business and technical reasons to choose one way or the other. I can tell you stories of when German foundry missions started bleeding through into the regular NPCs of Earth spacedock. :)

EU and NA are the two largest player bases for the game, so you should have no problem grouping with people, even if not SNL fleeties. There may come a day that we do endgame missions over voice chat, but until then you are not missing out. There are a lot of chat channels to help you out (more than listed here).

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lclay said:

Hey there!

Thanks!

Hey thanks for the invite!

I got a flashed up message saying I had an invite when I logged in but it disappeared so quick I couldn't do anything with it - I can't find how to accept the invite now - do you need to send a new one?

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By hero_swe

@lclay said:

@kristov_romanov said:

@lclay said:

Hey there!

Thanks!

Hey thanks for the invite!

I got a flashed up message saying I had an invite when I logged in but it disappeared so quick I couldn't do anything with it - I can't find how to accept the invite now - do you need to send a new one?

When I tried not long ago It said you were already in a fleet, and I didn't see your name in SNL. I'll try to send another one and edit this message when I see what I get

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#66  Edited By djames216

Hey guys, I'm a returning player. I started playing again for the first time in months yesterday. My main is Nine@Captain_Reed. I joined SNL back when the game originally launched. I'm still in the roster and I believe I am at officer level in the fleet (Giant Enemy Crab I think, not sure and I can't double check right now because the game is down for maintenance at the moment).

It's been a long time since I last played so I am currently relearning the game. I'm really digging the new Duty Officer system, seems addictive. Anyway, let me know what I can do for the fleet. I would like to be productive towards whatever goals you have. Plus I'm currently not really sure where to go to do stuff. One last thing - I live in the UK so I will probably be on at times that don't always gel with our glorious American cousins but I'm not currently employed (damn you shitty economy!) so I can be fairly flexible as to when I can get on (within reason).

ThatPrimeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hey! I've gotten back into STO recently and just hit Lt. Commander (12) on my character. I have a constitution class with 4 lieutenants ready to serve the SNL!

Send me an invite at Kent@kentmarudo whenever you can! I'd email in game but I have a pesky hour or so of gameplay left before I can.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! I've gotten back into STO recently and just hit Lt. Commander (12) on my character. I have a constitution class with 4 lieutenants ready to serve the SNL!

Send me an invite at Kent@kentmarudo whenever you can! I'd email in game but I have a pesky hour or so of gameplay left before I can.

Inviiiiteeeed! and strapped to the left pincer of the lobster mothership!

ThatPrimeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hero_swe: Hmm that's weird, it definitely says I am not in a fleet; the fleet button is greyed out and everything

Is there a way to accept an invite that I am not seeing?

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hero_swe

@lclay said:

@hero_swe: Hmm that's weird, it definitely says I am not in a fleet; the fleet button is greyed out and everything

Gonna try again now.

EDIT: Succesfully invited!

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, pretty new to the game, I have a lvl 13 Fed Romulan. Would love to join SNL! Kallak@flakmunkey1984

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hero_swe said:

@lclay said:

Gonna try again now.

EDIT: Succesfully invited!

Cheers!

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insane_shadowblade85: @hero_swe: I played a little bit right when it went free to play got to may level 12 then signed back on a couple days ago after the expansion and my guy was completely gone. I'm now around level 7 so it isn't a big deal. Also I might try and join the Space Neon Lobsters at some point.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I logged on (well, re-authenticated my pc to my profile) and my guy is still there. I'll try to get on more though GW2 and Dust an Elysian Tail may occupy more of my time. I still plan to get to 50 and get a huge ship. Close to mid 30s, so I'm close.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, pretty new to the game, I have a lvl 13 Fed Romulan. Would love to join SNL! Kallak@flakmunkey1984

Invited! Welcome to Space Neon Lobsters young softshell, onto which pincer of the lobster mothership do you wish to be strapped onto?

Sharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Sharpshooter
No Caption Provided

An appropriate vessel for a Space Neon Lobster. Don't you think?

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hero_swe

With the help of @danniku SNL now has spiffy Romulan versions of our SNL uniforms. Both Female and Male versions, due to a weird design choice to take out certain pants from the female section.

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hola, I would like to join your band of lobster monsters with Tol'ina@mimizuOne. I tried to PM someone with invite rights but got no answer, maybe he didn't like me. Maybe I have better luck this way. Occasionally I still dabble with my "main" (lvl50 FED) Sara.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mmzone said:

Hola, I would like to join your band of lobster monsters with Tol'ina@mimizuOne. I tried to PM someone with invite rights but got no answer, maybe he didn't like me. Maybe I have better luck this way. Occasionally I still dabble with my "main" (lvl50 FED) Sara.

Invited! Strapped to the left pincer of our lobster mothership!

Danniku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Danniku

Hello! I'm normally a behind-the-scenes person, but @hero_swe told me I should take some credit for my actions, and post the results of our arguing and hard labour. Our own lovely Tovan Khev shall be the model for this particular presentation. I WILL include instructions and colours as well, just in case the outfit selection is as buggy as it was today.

I apologize in advance for the images and their unfortunate size - they are in fact on Small, and they look very unprofessional.

Male Romulan Lucha:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body

Category: Uniform - Jacket Loose

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - D11, H14, A12, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - D3, P13, N4, N4

Lower Body

Category: Uniform - Pants - Tight

Lower: Reinforced - D11, A12

Feet: Combat Boots - D11, A12, H14

Male Romulan Tactical:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - B10, I8, A7, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - O4, P16, N2, N2

Lower Body

Lower: Reinforced - B10, A7

Feet: Combat Boots - B10, A7, I8

Male Romulan Science:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - C12, D6, F10, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - A3, D2, G3, G3

Lower Body

Lower: Reinforced - C12, F10

Feet: Combat Boots - C12, F10, D6

Male Romulan Engineering:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - D3, H8, C8, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - D1, P9, A3, A3

Lower Body

Lower: Reinforced - D3, C8

Feet: Combat Boots - D3, C8, H8

Danniku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Danniku

@danniku:

Lest we forget, before I get too distracted - the female Romulans! Modeled by yours truly.

This is where the game really messed me up, as we argued about how the pants should be Reinforced to match the males, until I pointed out that there was no Reinforced option for the female Romulans. Nor were there any Combat Boots. So, we made do. Please edit this to your liking if you think there are improvements to be made.

Female Romulan Lucha:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body

Category : Uniform - Jacket Loose

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - D11, H14, A12, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - D4, P13, N4, N4

Lower Body

Lower: Romulan Federation 2 - A12, I13, D11, I13

Feet: Boots - Leather - D11, A12, I13

Female Romulan Tactical:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body:

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - B10, I8, A7, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - O4, P16, N2, N2

Lower Body

Lower: Romulan Federation 2 - A7, I10, B10, I10

Feet: Boots - Leather - B10, A7, I10

Female Romulan Science:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body:

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - C12, D6, F10, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - A4, D2, G3, G3

Lower Body

Lower: Romulan Federation 2 - F10, D12, C12, D12

Feet: Boots - Leather - C12, F10, D8

Female Romulan Engineer:

No Caption Provided

Upper Body:

Upper: Romulan Federation 1 - D3, H8, C8, H24

Undershirt: Romulan Federation - D1, P8, A3, A3

Lower Body

Lower: Romulan Federation 2 - C8, H10, D3, H10

Feet: Boots - Leather - D3, C8, H9

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lclay

I'm real interested in seeing what everyone else's ships and captains look like, maybe we should have a thread for showing off?

Or maybe just post them here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. I just spent the day getting myself back up to speed on this game. Charles@Ubersmake , please! See you folks in space.

ThatPrimeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@lclaySure, here's mine. I was a sucker and bought the TNG uniforms and bridge.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. I just spent the day getting myself back up to speed on this game. Charles@Ubersmake , please! See you folks in space.

Invited!

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatprimeguy:

You've even got a klingon security officer, nice.

Here's me in my much cooler Romulan Federation uniform

No Caption Provided

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lclay: Great idea!

Here are 3 of mine.

My main character:

Three of Eight

No Caption Provided

My KDF one (not played that much):

Tagirr

No Caption Provided

And my most recent addition, with pointy new ship:

Ronet

No Caption Provided

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a cool looking romulan ship man, it's that one of the ones that comes in the legacy pack?

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lclay said:

That's a cool looking romulan ship man, it's that one of the ones that comes in the legacy pack?

It's one of the Borg-Romulan hybrids that you can get as of the launch of the new lock boxes, via the Lobi Store. Any of the factions can use it, but I thought it should go with my Romu-duder.

It is based of the Narada tech from the Trek reboot:

No Caption Provided

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing this weekend, and I am in the level 30 range in the federation before I decided I want a D'deridex-big-ass-class warbird. Do I need to pay anything to play as a Romulan? The quests are all different stories, right?

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kristov_romanov

@psylah: You can play as a Romulan for free. It's just that there is a fairly limited selection of freeby ships, not bad though. And it all new missions from start to about level 40ish.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lclay said:

It's one of the Borg-Romulan hybrids that you can get as of the launch of the new lock boxes, via the Lobi Store. Any of the factions can use it, but I thought it should go with my Romu-duder.

It is based of the Narada tech from the Trek reboot:

No Caption Provided

The Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer?

Also, I can get the D'deridex as a romullan right? I don't want to spend 100 hours to find out I can't get one.

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kristov_romanov
psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By psylah

@psylah: It's the other one, the Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser.

And yep, you can get the D'deridex for free at Tier 4. This Dev Blog says what you can get when, and what is free or paid for.

Ah, thanks for the info. I was getting spammed all weekend by server messages of people getting Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyers and stuff, I take it those came out of those lockboxes you have to pay to open.

You seem to have been around the STO block, I noticed that as I hit the back-end of the 20's and low 30's that the skill points and rewards for doing episodes halved from 6000-7000 to 3000-4000. Did I miss something, or is this just the grind point?

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah: No worries at all mate. The Destroyers have a very low rate of drop in the Tal Shiar boxes, where as the ship I got was purchased with Lobi, which you get between 4-50 for any box you open, and can spend in the Lobi store. The ship cost 800. I tend not to open too many boxes, but have been playing since the beta before launch, so feel OK spending now and then.

It's been a while since I leveled a Fed character, and I know they have changed the XP rates a couple of times in the past year or so, so I don't really know about that bit. Though my Romulan has progressed pretty consistently, as a veteran I get some skill boosts, it may be quite different for Silver folk.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By psylah

@kristov_romanov: I've been thinking of kicking Cryptic money, what's a good thing to sink actual dollars into? I bought a few keys to see how steam handles real-to-ingame money conversion, and I want to spend actual cash on something helpful or meaningful, not boatloads of keys.

Ships seem to cost 15 to 20 dollars, but I've gotten 5 this weekend alone. Would I be better off spending my money on XP boosts or funky costumes (TNG) or what?