• 66 results
Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Silver-Streak

@project343: Have you not played the Roche path? He actually doesn't approve of the way non-humans are treated, but Iorveth is a terrorist, and will only make things worse.

Both of them have their failings, but of them are pretty awesome, too.

I went with Roche first as he was good enough to believe you weren't the kingslayer, even though a majority of evidence said otherwise.

Definitely do both paths, though.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By project343

@Eujin: I'll take your word on it, for sure. It runs poorly enough on my PC (for some odd reason) to make the game too hard to go back to. :X

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Panpipe

Look how incredibly close it is!

Nice job CDPR!

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By TentPole

@project343: You just said it is okay to kill kids for social progress. You sound like a James Bond villian.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By project343

@TentPole: Did he kill kids? If so, then I retract my statement. I haven't played it since it came out on the PC TBH so my memory is hazy.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TentPole

He murdered and pillaged entire villages for being humans. They talk about it in act 1.

sthusby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By sthusby

To be honest, it was Roche's rag tag team of badasses that made me choose him. They're just plain fucking awesome. One of them is named Thirteen, damn it! And Ves, let's not forget Ves. First i smacked her with a sword to the face, then i smacked her with a completly different sword to the face.

As for Iorveth, his merry band just look like...idiots. Their armor is even worse looking than the Nilfgardians. That being said, Iorveth is pretty cool.

Leignheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Leignheart

@project343: its funny you say you hate racists with a burning passion, because by hating them you show your no better than them. and if you want more irony, the character iorveth is even more racist as he hates humans and calls them rats and cockroaches and kills innocent humans at will. interesting. but i just think its funny when people are such hypocrites and fall prey to such rich Irony.

Leignheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Leignheart

@deox: what exactly makes iorveth less racist than roch? i didnt see roch going out and killing innocent non humans, but you saw tons of innocent humans killed, iorveth also compared humans to rats and cockroaches talks about how he hates them, and i have heard no such hateful dialogue from vernon. so if you ask me, iorveth is more racist or atleast just as racist. but i suppose you would have to not be a hypocrite or be ignorant to true racism to understand what im saying.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By flindip

As someone said earlier: Roche. The dude gets you out of prison. You wouldn't even have a quest if it wasn't for him. He has his flaws. But he isn't a bad dude.

I mean, in the first Witcher, I sided with the Squirrels. But, Iorveth is such an extreme counter personality to Yaeven. Yaeven just wanted equal rights and that is it. It was easy to be sympathetic to his cause. Iorveth, alternatively, comes off as some sort of elven supremacist.

I honestly believe the first game was making a case for the elves/dwarves. The second game was making a case for the humans.

Greenshoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iorveth is a terrorist.

Roche is my man.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By OurSin_360

Both since you miss out on an entire section of the game regardless who you go with first. I still haven't went back and played Ioveth's path, maybe it'll be a good time before 3 comes out.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leignheart: HAHA, who is worse? Nazis who only hate part of humanity or hippies show claim all humans are scum of the earth and are killing mother Gaia? ;)

I chose Roche because Iorveth seemed to be fueled by pure hatred. I always planned to choose the other way on my second playthrough. Two days ago I installed GOG Galaxy and I think now's the best time to put these plans to action.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I know this is kind of an old thread, but...I chose Roche. I had actually forgotten that I sided with the Scoiatel in the first game, but since the beginning of 2 Roche was always kind of on my side so it felt unnatural to randomly betray him at some point. Also the game didn't make him out to be as much of a jerkbag like that Rose guy from 1 was so I didn't even think that I was now siding against the Scoiatel until late in the game. At the end of the day I sort of went against Roche anyway to save Tries :P

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I know this is kind of an old thread, but...I chose Roche. I had actually forgotten that I sided with the Scoiatel in the first game, but since the beginning of 2 Roche was always kind of on my side so it felt unnatural to randomly betray him at some point. Also the game didn't make him out to be as much of a jerkbag like that Rose guy from 1 was so I didn't even think that I was now siding against the Scoiatel until late in the game. At the end of the day I sort of went against Roche anyway to save Triss :P