• 63 results
MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MideonNViscera

A few years ago some rent-to-own furniture store had the same kind of deal on a 360 in their flyer. It ended up costing you about $900 in the end haha

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Also, credit cards.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would not. Currently I work in China, so used gaming is not a thing here, but I don't like the DRM stuff, the 24h check (internet here can be very spotty, and I don't believe the bit rate required by MS is even supported here) and the always-on Kinect... sure, you can turn it off at the system level, but if that's the case, why require me to have to plug it into the box for the Xbone to work? That's just ridiculous.

I owned a PSX, PS2 and PS3. I didn't have original Xbox, but I owned an Xbox 360 and to be frank, I owned far more games on it than on PS3, simply because most multiplatform/Unreal games ran better on it. I will not be getting an Xbox One though, but eventually a PS4 probably when enough games I want to play are released for it.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope, I am ok with the up front price.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Nope. I just don't like Microsoft as a company, the way they treat their customers, and they are focusing the design of that machine to be all about stuff I have zero interest in. I don't feel that the stuff people hate on this thing for really affect me, but I just don't care for anything it's doing ether. I have a PC to do all this amazing stuff they are trying to tout as being this revolutionary thing that you can only do on their platform. Plus I don't watch TV and not being american means I won't get access to half of the online services they are touting about anyway.

All of that said, it always comes down to the games and they have shown sweet dick all to get me interested. It seemed to just be more of the same crap they have been doing on 360 and I have no interest in that. I just fire up my consoles to play the odd game that doesn't come to PC and just like my 360 -that I have not touched in several years- I don't see me ever wanting to turn it on.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

What if it was subsidized so much that you could buy it for 100 dollars and MS paid you 12 dollars a month for two years to use it?

Mister_Avatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm buying One day one, without the subsidy. I just feel like MS is doing something new with their system and the ps4 is just business as usual (a much more powerful business and usual box, but still business as usual.) That's great if you want that and from reading the boards a ton of you do. Actually I'm kind of excited to see what having a true cloud service, something you really can't get even with PC gaming, at devs disposal will mean for games. If it's just matching ghosts in driving games it'll be a real bummer, but from listening to devs on different podcasts and shows like GB after hours I think we don't yet understand what this means. Heck I don't even know if they know what it means. Never the less if it plays most of the same games as the ps4 and offers me some experiences I can't get anywhere else why wouldn't I buy one? I mean the DRM thing really is being blown out of proportion and I'm sorry but asking it to ping a server once a day isn't going to make me cry either.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I won't even argue. Just do that math.

Seriously, when your cable company presents the options add up the costs...all the costs (remember if XBL isn't included you need that too and remember under such plans you don't pay the normal $60 a year for XBL you pay close to $14.99 a month)

Just a quick guess is that the subsidy model will cost $300. But, you will probably pay over 3 years about $540 more in XBL fees and probably another $100 in services from the cable company. So save $300 so that you can spend $540 in not $640....think it is worth it? Guess what? Its not worth it.

Also, think of it this way, an Xbox One that is supposed to work with a full suite of cable services. A full cable tv contract is $100 to $180 a month. Are you saying people paying $100 to $180 a month can't afford to buy a $500 box? Really??? The type of customer who would want to could use a Xbox One doesn't need a subsidy, they need a Trepanning using an electric drill.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Cirdain

@blu3v3nom07:

@theking said:

@golguin said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@sticky_pennies said:

@thepickle said:

@warfare said:

@mrfluke said:

@hailinel said:

Nope. It would still have the same DRM bullshit issues.

I predict that the Gamescom thing is a subsidised Xbone by Doritos and Mountain Dew. People will buy it and there will also be some weird social commentary among the press.

The correct social analysis will be on the Giant Bombcast (via Klepek)!

I DO NOT LIKE THIS PREDICTION THOUGH!

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@hailinel said:

Nope. It would still have the same DRM bullshit issues.

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: I'm not sure It's about "affordability" or reality. This entire E3 has re-illustrated that It's about perception. It's one thing to pay 500$ upfront which is actually a lot more once you add taxes, plus a game or two. It's that vs 249.99 + contracted services on a long term deal. People love payment plans, credit cards and subsidized pricing.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By FirebirdINF

Yes, absolutely. I am not a hardcore gamer nor am I a kiddie gamer, so neither PS4 nor WiiU is perfect for me, but X1 seems to be doing a little of everything and a bunch of non-game stuff that is minor, but is still on the scale.

I do want to see what the game pricing will be like for PS4 and X1. I am suspecting that X1's games will be cheaper because of all the "DRM bullshit".

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@andorski: for extremely expensive purchases (cars) you have to do the math to determine whether the interest rate on your investments is higher than the interest rate on your payments to determine how much you should pay up front. This holds true for things like furniture as well. Its probably not worth the mental effort for a $500 item.

Spaceyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah. Price is not the issue. It's what I'm getting for my money that is important.