Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 5

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Forza Motorsport's debut on the Xbox One.

50$ car pass announced (40 cars?)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

Just saw this apparently Microsoft has announced the Forza 5 car pass which includes dozens of cars (Neogaf said 40) for 50$ which is kind of a step price if you ask me. But hey at least you will save a whole of 18% if you buy the pass.

Here is the link for the officia Xboxl site:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/games-forza-motorsport-5-car-pass-and-laferrari-car-pack-announcement

That is like a full retail game for just cars. I just hope this does not become any kind of trend because that is really expensive.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By isomeri

It sucks that they've apparently locked La Ferrari behind a DLC pack, and a day one DLC pack at that. But I did enjoy what I got from the Forza 4 season pass so I may get suckered into buying this one as well. Or then I'll just buy the ones I'm interested in for 6 bucks a pop. How expensive the season pass will ultimately end up being sort of depends on how many cars they're including in the game.

No Caption Provided

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

They've done this for a while. The real problem becomes when they make cars as DLC that were already in prior Forza games (the biggest offender being Forza Horizon).

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Forza 4 Season Pass was a good deal, but the Forza Horizon season pass was kind of a rip, I guess I'll wait and see this time out.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace

Forza's site says ten cars per pack, so for six packs that's 60 cars. It's a little steep for $50, but there's generally a lot of good cars in Forza Motorsport's DLC, and it helps diversify the experience quite a bit when making custom races in multiplayer. I'll gladly put down the money, just like I put down $40 for 48 cars in Forza 4.

Horizon didn't have multiplayer that was as varied, so the season pass didn't make quite as much sense there. Not counting rally, silly single-player event restrictions, or the 1000 Club, only one car per PI class was really necessary.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

As I understand it, plenty of more cars came out after the Season Pass ended last time. So those are separate Car Packs, as I understand.

Funny that, my cousin was real psyched about this game, so it'll be interesting to see if he picks up this Car Pass thing. He seems pretty oblivious from the gaming world, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to mention it to him soon enough.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darji said:

Just saw this apparently Microsoft has announced the Forza 5 car pass which includes dozens of cars (Neogaf said 40) for 50$ which is kind of a step price if you ask me. But hey at least you will save a whole of 18% if you buy the pass.

Here is the link for the officia Xboxl site:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/games-forza-motorsport-5-car-pass-and-laferrari-car-pack-announcement

That is like a full retail game for just cars. I just hope this does not become any kind of trend because that is really expensive.

Forza horizon and Forza 3 & 4 were the same way. At least Gran Turismo let you get 1000 cars Without dlc.. now if only they could have made the graphics better -.- Either way, ps4 for GT6 and Drive club!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

As I understand it, plenty of more cars came out after the Season Pass ended last time. So those are separate Car Packs, as I understand.

Correct. Usually there's at least another six packs afterwards for people who are still playing. They didn't do a second season pass for them in 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it for 5.

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Also, another important bit is that every DLC car will be available in Forzavista mode. I like this feature and think it is really cool that every car will have it this go around.

Thedrbrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thedrbrian

@mcshank: but 800 of those cars looked like ass.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT

Battlefield 4 has a $50 pass too right? Dropping $100 on a game from the outset isn't a very appealing proposition to me.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

They've done this for a while. The real problem becomes when they make cars as DLC that were already in prior Forza games (the biggest offender being Forza Horizon).

Since this is a new game on a new console, I don't think you can hold that against them. However, I think its ridiculous to offer cars this way instead of just including them to begin with. I think dlc should be saved for concept cars or more specialty vehicles

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been waffling on this, but I will probably take the plunge and pick up the car pack. If I get the 100+ hours of gaming out of Forza Motorsport 5 over the ~2 years until the next version that I got out of 3 (and probably would have out of 4 if life hadn't taken over), it'll be worth it.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

You don't actually get the cars. You get the right to purchase them. Think like a Costco membership for $50. To actually use the cars in game, you'd need to pay as much as $100 per vehicle, that's four thousand U.S. dollars. Of course, that $4,000 price isn't necessary because you earn tokens racing, but I've read somewhere that it'd take like 500 hours of gameplay to unlock them, so with minimum wage at $7/hour, you'd probably be saving money that way, but wouldn't you be sick of the game by the time to unlocked the cars you'd want to play with?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Console: $500
    Live Gold: $60 a year
    Game: $60
    VIP: $20
    Car DLC: $50
    Opening your eyes: Priceless

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Buy this game used.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@somejerk said:

Console:

$500

Live Gold:

$60 a year

Game:

$60

VIP:

$20

Car DLC:

$50

Opening your eyes:

Priceless

But I don't care that they are bending me over without lube or the common courtesy of a reach around. I have to play it even if it's openly mocking me whilst I pull out my wallet.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayzilla said:

@somejerk said:

Console:

$500

Live Gold:

$60 a year

Game:

$60

VIP:

$20

Car DLC:

$50

Opening your eyes:

Priceless

But I don't care that they are bending me over without lube or the common courtesy of a reach around. I have to play it even if it's openly mocking me whilst I pull out my wallet.

You could probably hire a pro dominatrix to do that for you for less than MS is charging. ;p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.