Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

Where's the June 2nd update?

Hoagie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Hoagie

Has anyone heard any news on this week's update? I didn't see new unlocks or game packs this morning. I feel like Game Room is a dieing child that needs constant nourishment. Is this its death rattle?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Considering they have plans to roll out thousands of games, I'd seriously doubt they would cut support now.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

Yeah sometimes when I've been trying to get something off XBLA it was released later on in the day, with this being a new pack (I imagine) it might take more time to get it up & running. I was prepared to get a list of the new ones to put up here but will have to wait a little while.

Blkthorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Blkthorne

Probably be like that one week they didn't get games out, then the following week the games appeared, though it does get annoying they announce weekly releases but they are everything but. 

They have a post on the xbox forums for Game Room stating that the pack is delayed, doesn't say for how long though, list of upcoming games are only five: 

Missle Command(Atari arcade) 
    Mr. Kabuki aka Mr. Goeman(Konami arcade) 
    Frog Bog(INTV) 
    Skiing(Activision) 
    Video Pinball(Atari 2600)
    KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By KingPossum
    @Blkthorne: I'd get the first 3 of those on the list right away. 

I hate having these delays, wonder if it is more Krome or Microsoft's doing seeing as they had to get the licensing rights for these games a long long time ago.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Damn, wouldn't mind a little Missile Command, though an updated version would be even better.  Eh, what can you do?
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By fox01313

Those games listed by  Blkthorne    are it for this week from the look of it. The description had a lot to it when you download game pack 5 listed a higher quantity of games on it so I imagine next week's games are much more than this.

Missle Command(Atari arcade) 
    Mr. Kabuki aka Mr. Goeman(Konami arcade) 
    Frog Bog(INTV) 
    Skiing(Activision) 
    Video Pinball(Atari 2600)    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.