Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gamescom 2014

Concept »

The sixth annual trade fair, once again held in Cologne, Germany. It takes place between the 13th and the 17th of August, 2014.

EA Press Conference is happening at Aug 13 1:00am PST

• 64 results
    RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just love how that cop was carrying that hostage like a backpack

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#52  Edited By BeachThunder

@beachthunder said:

Is this going to be the first non-shit Battlefield campaign? :o

Bad Company says hello.

I don't know about the first one, but Bad Company 2's campaign was a festering pile of buttcheeks.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So it's over. That was a disappointing show for everything but Shadow Realms.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

*everyone gets up and leaves as quickly as they can*

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Corevi

Googling Shadow Realms brings up some kind of LARP group that's like 3 hours away from where I live. Woops.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Hotwire mode in Hardline can have potential. If the cops are trying to get back stolen vehicles, it sounds to me if that vehicle gets destroyed, the cops can lose (or for better balance, they don't gain as much when the round ends, otherwise the bad guys can just blow the car up beginning of every round). So the cops want to carefully take down the criminals without roughing up the vehicle too much, meanwhile the criminals in the car can just dump on cop cars. Sounds like it can be unique

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@theht said:

Kinda wish Shadow Realm was PvE.

The way they were talking about the one player being like a DM, I would assume they'll be commanding hoards of AI enemies (like Dungeon Keeper), as opposed to the Evolve type of 4v1 of four players against a big monster.

Hmm, that could be alright. I think ZombiU had a mode like that. We'll probably get some footage of gameplay off the floor that'll give more insight into exactly what that DM player will be doing.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@ll_exile_ll said:

@beachthunder said:

Bad Company says hello.

I don't know about the first one, but Bad Company 2's campaign was a festering pile of buttcheeks.

You should have played the first one, it was fucking amazing. Might have had my favourite ending to an FPS campaign too. Really good at not taking itself seriously.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@ll_exile_ll said:

@beachthunder said:

Bad Company says hello.

The first Bad Company is the only Battlefield campaign that has successfully implemented the defining aspects of the series in a single player setting. Huge open levels with vehicles, objectives which you were able to tackle from any direction and by whatever means you wanted, and tons of destructibility, all backed by fun characters and a story that didn't take itself too seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shadow Realms was not at all what I was expecting/hoping it to be. I'm kinda super bummed out now.

And to make things even weirder, I think I'm now very excited for Battlefield. That campaign footage looked fun as all hell and those new multiplayer modes seem really interesting.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Realms was not at all what I was expecting/hoping it to be. I'm kinda super bummed out now.

Other than the whole Shadowlord thing it looks like if Diablo 3 was entirely centered on the Nephalem Rifts, which sounds cool to me.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait, is Shadow Realms the new IP Casey Hudson has worked on? Well, I really hope not. The only good thing they've shown was the DA:I demo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wait, is Shadow Realms the new IP Casey Hudson has worked on? Well, I really hope not. The only good thing they've shown was the DA:I demo.

Casey's new thing is being made by the Edmonton studio, so this, thankfully, isn't that.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#64  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Hard to stand that really sharp/handsome/mean guy who is the host at these EA events. Does he need to be so intense..?

Watching this now, DA customization looks pretty cool. So is this map selection screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.