Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Bug in Gears of War 2?

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trylks

Hi. I don't know what's wrong, but I can describe the "symptoms".

If I log in with my account and I try to play GeoW2 I get the two logos (first GeoW2, then Microsoft) and the screen goes black, for ever. The console stops responding and I can only turn it off (by pressing the button on the front).

If I don't log in but start the game by reloading the DVD in the tray, the game goes all way through until I have to log in, but when I log in three notifications appear (unlocked characters for the multiplayer options) and the screen freezes as soon as this happens.

Do you know if there is any way to solve it? The game has become pretty unusable now. I was in the middle of a co-operative playthrough on the hardest setting and I would like to be able to finish it.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jozzy

I am not sure if it will help but generally these types of problems are fixed by clearing the cache of your xbox 360. This will not remove your save games but I believe you will have to redownload any updates and DLC.

EDIT: probably not DLC right, forgot the specifics here

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sasnake

delete the title update in your memory, then start the game again, it will redownload the update, and should work from there.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By trylks
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Baillie

My FIFA 12 did this, it was something to do with the DLC for it. Try deleting some DLC, or something. I DUNNO.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By sasnake

@Trylks said:

@jozzy: @SASnake:

Are you speaking about the installed game? I install all games. If it's not the installed game, that's something I've never done or hear about.

Is this it?:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Thank you.

No, there should be something called Title Update in your memory. Go into your hard drive, go to Gears of War, then you should see the list of all your save games and stuff for Gears, and title update should be there too..or it might be software update...its something with update in it anyway.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By huntad

This isn't really pertaining to your problem, but it's funny that the first game I thought of when you said "GeoW2" was Geometry Wars 2. There really isn't a great, short abbreviation for Gears, lol. Hope your problem is sorted out.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trylks

Nope, the system cache doesn't exist anymore, or at least I could not find it following the instructions in that page.

There are no updates either, all I have is the progress through the campaign, a pack of maps I deleted, many photos (also deleted now) and the game itself. Those are all the entries when listing what the game has. :-/

Thank you all anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.