Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

More Achievements?

Avatar image for daeth_on_demand
    Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

So, it's been three and a half weeks or so since Gears 2 was released (for most of us), and I'm about ready for some more achievements.

I've completed every achievement except for Party Like It's 1999 (350 rounds left) and Seriously 2.0 (85k kills left), and those should be completed by the new year.  All that to precursor my previous statement that I think that CliffyB and the boys down at Epic should realize some new achievements in the next two months.

I realize that it's a bit early to realize content considering the fact that the game is not even quite a month old, but I really think we need some more achievements in the vein of the Organ Grinder and other weapon achievements.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

I think they can only do that with new maps. Halo 3's extra points are because of it's new maps.

I guess that they COULD add new points if they wanted to, but I'd assume they'd only do it with a new map pack.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

You only get new achievements in significant DLC packs...not just because people want more.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KindGalaxy
    Kush said:
    "You only get new achievements in significant DLC packs...not just because people want more."
    Yeah, this. Microsoft limits the number of achievement points (not number of achievement titles, but the point count), for a retail product and DLC additions.
    1000 Achievement Points is a hard limit for all retail products.
    250 Achievements Points is a hard limit for DLC products.
    They can however introduce 1000/250 Achievement Titles, consisting of 1 point each, for example; though no developer would do that due to time contraints and pure gameplay-achievement elements in any individual game.
    You won't see any more achievements until DLC starts hitting Gears of War 2, and generally; map packs don't introduce new achievements, since it would not be worthwhile giving achievements for merely playing a map. Perhaps more game-play focused achievements, like blind-fire 50/100/1000/10000 people to death for example, but doubtful you'll get any more meaningful achievements.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

I can see them adding 250 points in the next map pack like they did with the previous Gears of War.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "I can see them adding 250 points in the next map pack like they did with the previous Gears of War."
    yeah that is very likely
    BrownBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By BrownBear

yer man i really do think there should be some more achivements. Cause i am going to get all of them on saturday cause me and my friends are going to be doing like 9 achivement matches. Cliffy and the crew should make more achivments cause half of them you can do it on any mode i really can wait for hte next bombcast w00t come on guys i need some more news

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.