So wait, Dom had kids....and they're dead?

#1 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -

yea, thats messed up

he didnt seem emotionally scarred in gears 1 though. I'd rather they keep it that way too. I mean, i dont want epic to suddenly change the way Dom is just because they added in that plot point

#2 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I never knew that. That sucks.

#3 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

Great job on the name of the topic pal....I didnt want to know that :(.

#4 Posted by Iszdope (48 posts) -

Thanks asshole

#5 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -

its been said before!!!!!!!

check wikipedia!

#6 Posted by Brucie (129 posts) -

Maybe he didn't know they were dead in Gears 1?

#7 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -
Brucie said:
"Maybe he didn't know they were dead in Gears 1?"
maybe. oh and yea....its been said my cliffy b that his wife vanished after their kids died
#8 Posted by Player1 (3868 posts) -

I think the entire point of this game is how Dom is emotionally scarred. And is trying to find his lost wife. He seemed all business in the game, but now maybe they will show some downtime where Dom acually talks to the squad about what happened

#9 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -
REforever101 said:
"yea, thats messed up

he didnt seem emotionally scarred in gears 1 though. I'd rather they keep it that way too. I mean, i dont want epic to suddenly change the way Dom is just because they added in that plot point
"
He showed emotional scaring in Act 2, he just hides it.
#10 Posted by CB (116 posts) -

I've read about this before as well so they're not really spoilers for the next game but yeah, that seems a bit messed up but I wish Dom talked more about it or gave hints.

#11 Posted by semicolon1twlev2 (894 posts) -

Gears isn't very good at providing any backstory.  Hopefully Gears 2 changes that...

#12 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Damn, thats messed

#13 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
dreDREb13 said:
"Gears isn't very good at providing any backstory.  Hopefully Gears 2 changes that...
"

gears of war having a storyline isnt normal.
But on meth, it is.

Sorry.
#14 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

There was a screen play going around on the internet a couple months ago for the gears movie. It said that Dom was having lunch at the park and his kids were on a jungle gym and an emergence hole opened up underneath it. But I don"t know if the screen play was real or not, so it might be different in GOW2.

#15 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -
Burns09 said:
"There was a screen play going around on the internet a couple months ago for the gears movie. It said that Dom was having lunch at the park and his kids were on a jungle gym and an emergence hole opened up underneath it. But I don"t know if the screen play was real or not, so it might be different in GOW2."
So Dom is pretty much The Punisher?
#16 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
TEAMHOLT said:
"Burns09 said:
"There was a screen play going around on the internet a couple months ago for the gears movie. It said that Dom was having lunch at the park and his kids were on a jungle gym and an emergence hole opened up underneath it. But I don"t know if the screen play was real or not, so it might be different in GOW2."
"
Well yes, but latino.
#17 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
Burns09 said:
"TEAMHOLT said:
"Burns09 said:
"
Well yes, but latino.
"
lol
#18 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
Burns09 said:
"TEAMHOLT said:
"Burns09 said:
"
Well yes, but latino.
"
lol
#19 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -
Burns09 said:
"TEAMHOLT said:
"Burns09 said:
"
Well yes, but latino."
Rock.

I'm all for some emotional story elements, but I just hope the game doesn't get too sappy.
#20 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -
TEAMHOLT said:
"Burns09 said:
"TEAMHOLT said:
"Burns09 said:
"
Well yes, but latino."
Rock.

I'm all for some emotional story elements, but I just hope the game doesn't get too sappy.
"
yup, i hope not too
#21 Posted by BeyondPerfection (49 posts) -

You could've added *spoiler*

Not all of us sit on the computer all day trying to know everything about a game before it comes out.

I'm surprised people don't even know the whole story of Alan Wake yet..

#22 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -
BeyondPerfection said:
"You could've added *spoiler*

Not all of us sit on the computer all day trying to know everything about a game before it comes out.

I'm surprised people don't even know the whole story of Alan Wake yet.."
you're aware that wasnt a spoiler....

cliffy B said it in an interview with gs
#23 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

Yeah it's a damn shame.

#24 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

What was happening to dom in the GoW2 trailer?

#25 Posted by Carmel_Chewy (323 posts) -
Homer said:
"

"
To me it looked like he was dying as Marcus was rushing in.
#26 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Erm... I wish Cliff didn't mention it in an interview, that would have been a great plot point to find out in the game... So shocked to hear that, pretty sad to. :(

#27 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Carmel_Chewy said:
"Homer said:
"

"
To me it looked like he was dying as Marcus was rushing in.
"
Reminds me of the multiplayer.
#28 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

I don't feel bad, am I a horrible person for not feeling bad?

#29 Posted by Bonzi2387 (45 posts) -
#30 Posted by Artie (690 posts) -

Guys this is GEARS OF WAR.

THESE GUYS DON'T GET EMOTIONAL SCARS.

#31 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

lawl owned

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.