Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Did clayton carmine survive?

LiquidElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LiquidElite

I made a bet with a buddy that he would someone pleeeeease tell me =D

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

How am I supposed to know whether you made a bet with a buddy or not?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coakroach

At the end he pulls down a zip on his back and Master Chief and the dog from Fable climb out.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BleedingStarX

Sure does ;)

LiquidElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiquidElite

@BleedingStarX: awesome this means my buddy has to buy me tickets to wrestling hahaha!

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By IBurningStar

Yes. They try to fake you out by showing his helmet and a body in the background, but then he walks up and puts it back on and starts trying to help people.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Samaritan

@IBurningStar said:

Yes. They try to fake you out by showing his helmet and a body in the background, but then he walks up and puts it back on and starts trying to help people.

Probably one of my favorite moments from the game. It's such a good fake-out!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Captain_Felafel said:

@IBurningStar said:

There were a lot of good jukes. The sniper thing in the beginning got me to laugh pretty good.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By veektarius

Man, this is the one spoiler I gave into because I thought they were going to kill him and I didn't want to be disappointed. Would have been better if I'd resisted. Shit.

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Ronald

Near the end of Act 3 I was wondering if maybe they had killed him and I missed it since Carmine just disappeared for the majority of the game until the end. There was a period where they killed a ton of generic looking Gears. And we were told he was with Jace but when Jace shows back up there is no Carmine.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Samaritan

@HistoryInRust said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

@IBurningStar said:

There were a lot of good jukes. The sniper thing in the beginning got me to laugh pretty good.

Oh man! I totally forgot about that! That too was fantastic!

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By project343

@HistoryInRust said:

Some of the most entertaining parts of the game. Amusing, even.

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Burns09

*Ping* " Geez louise, what the fuck!"

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Marz

Yeah he was born with the Lucky gene, he had so many close calls in the game.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous
    @coakroach said:

At the end he pulls down a zip on his back and Master Chief and the dog from Fable climb out.

I lol'd 

Anyway, kinda disappointed that he didn't die.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Does it involve bacon?

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vonocourt

@ajamafalous said:

I lol'd Anyway, kinda disappointed that he didn't die.

Mightily. Also found all the fake-outs more annoying than funny.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By musubi

@Ronald said:

Near the end of Act 3 I was wondering if maybe they had killed him and I missed it since Carmine just disappeared for the majority of the game until the end. There was a period where they killed a ton of generic looking Gears. And we were told he was with Jace but when Jace shows back up there is no Carmine.

This is the thing that bothers me about the game the most. He just dissapears. At the beginning of ACT II he just dissapears and thats it... they mention him in passing but I'm assuming that he was already written out of the story by the time they thought of the "Kill/Save" Carmine thing they did for Childs Play.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By I_smell

Carmine's last fake-out made me GASP OUT LOUD! That might be like my favourite bit of the game.

@Demoskinos said:

@Ronald said:

This is the thing that bothers me about the game the most. He just dissapears. At the beginning of ACT II he just dissapears and thats it... they mention him in passing but I'm assuming that he was already written out of the story by the time they thought of the "Kill/Save" Carmine thing they did for Childs Play.

A lot of people vanish into thin air. There was a point in Act 2 where I walked through a door and I was like "wait- where's Anya?... and when did Baird get here??" like they just swapped the characters over.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Afroman269

I wanted him to die, but I'll admit that I did like him a lot. I wish he was in the campaign more.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By damswedon

@I_smell said:

Carmine's last fake-out made me GASP OUT LOUD! That might be like my favourite bit of the game.

@Demoskinos said:

@Ronald said:

A lot of people vanish into thin air. There was a point in Act 2 where I walked through a door and I was like "wait- where's Anya?... and when did Baird get here??" like they just swapped the characters over.

In Act II he stays with Anya, Sam and Jace when Marcus and co go to find Hoffman. For the rest of the game he is with Cole and Baird as they get reinforcements. I guess we know where the DLC will take place.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By CL60

I laughed when he got shot in the helmet.

IshimuraD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By IshimuraD

There was a part where a random Gear gets his arm ripped off and is beat to death with it in a cutscene, and I thought that was Carmine but it wasn't actually. I was so happy seeing him at the end of the game, and the whole big reveal of him living too. Good job XBL Voters!

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By UnrealDP

@Afroman269:

Dude my thoughts exactly! At a point no one even mentions him for like 2 acts and i was starting to wonder i had missed death or something and then the ending happens and.....yeah.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Slaker117
    @ZarakixKenpachi said:

There was a part where a random Gear gets his arm ripped off and is beat to death with it in a cutscene, and I thought that was Carmine but it wasn't actually. I was so happy seeing him at the end of the game, and the whole big reveal of him living too. Good job XBL Voters!

I thought that at first too, but then they didn't make a big deal about it afterwards so I dismissed it. Then he didn't show up for a long time, and no one mentioned him, so I went back to wondering if that was him until the end when he finally reappears. After making such a big thing about Carmine's fate, they really should have done more with him.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Afroman269

@Slaker117 said:

@ZarakixKenpachi said:

I thought that at first too, but then they didn't make a big deal about it afterwards so I dismissed it. Then he didn't show up for a long time, and no one mentioned him, so I went back to wondering if that was him until the end went he finally reappears. After making such a big thing about Carmine's fate, they really should have done more with him.

You can easily see the hook in where they would have changed the outcome if the vote for Carmine's death was higher than him being alive. They would have just showed the helmet in the water and just cut away instead of immediately showing him picking up the helmet. It could have been handled better. I wanted to see him die while mowing down hordes of Locust with a mulcher. Fucking Carmine sympathizers ruining it for the rest of us.

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By knetic2341

@Captain_Felafel: I agree, was in support of him living and was real glad when he picked that helmet back up.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Carmine Chronicles DLC. I'm calling it,

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Slaker117
    @Mrsignerman44: I'd buy that.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@Afroman269 said:

@Slaker117 said:

@ZarakixKenpachi said:

I thought that at first too, but then they didn't make a big deal about it afterwards so I dismissed it. Then he didn't show up for a long time, and no one mentioned him, so I went back to wondering if that was him until the end went he finally reappears. After making such a big thing about Carmine's fate, they really should have done more with him.

You can easily see the hook in where they would have changed the outcome if the vote for Carmine's death was higher than him being alive. They would have just showed the helmet in the water and just cut away instead of immediately showing him picking up the helmet. It could have been handled better. I wanted to see him die while mowing down hordes of Locust with a mulcher. Fucking Carmine sympathizers ruining it for the rest of us.

That or. Tackelin the Queen off the top of the big bug. Fall into the large tower and set off the explosion to kill the lambet?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Afroman269

@The_Laughing_Man: I would support that fully.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

As guys said here... DLC.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shinigami420

@LiquidElite said:

@BleedingStarX: awesome this means my buddy has to buy me tickets to wrestling hahaha!

...MAN really wrestling?

Wrestling is for white trash rednecks

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He's a missed chance, his ending was great but we really missed him for a good while in the story.
    Yeah sure DLC, but that's lame.
    Carmine had great potential and probably more fans then Jace (outside the comics, what the hell did he add to Gears 3? I'd prefer Carmine with the group over him).
    It was the perfect time for a Carmine to own, instead of getting owned, like the grub choking promo piece.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rawrz

I hated the fact that Carmine just kinda disappears for most of the game. It woulda been way more amusing just to fuck with the player and have Carmine get in a bunch more situations where he almost dies. He had a rather funny personality so it would of been great to hear his reactions.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cookiemonster

Seeing him survive was one of my favourite parts of the game.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Does it involve bacon?

Oh... Bacon.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By 234r2we232

@CookieMonster said:

Seeing him survive was one of my favourite parts of the game.

This, much so. A very tender and heart warming moment and executed so well, especially for a series that has ham-fisted more sensitive things before. Then again, all the writing in this game was enjoyable and effective. As someone else mentioned, I only wish he could have been in the game more as for a while into the later chapters I thought he might have already died... maybe that was just me, tho.

I bought a Carmine Must Die shirt for my avatar because it was red. I was rooting for him :D

Which reminds me, I'm totally buying this when it comes out.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Shadow

Yep. I'm very disappointed that no one seems to have picked up on the awesome Halo Reach reference they made at the end of the game with his helmet.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By Kyreo
    @Afroman269: Yeah he kind of showed up and vanished pretty quickly.  There should have been more Clayton.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.