Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Sanctum of Slime is a download-only dual-joystick shooter. It stars four completely new characters. The game is available for the PSN, XBLA & PC.

Is anyone enjoying Sanctum of Slime?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By buft

I downloaded the trial today, played through the first mission and as a fan of both ghostbusters , stick shooters and online coop i was less than impressed by what it offers in the trial, it seems like the developers made the game uglier than the announcement video ,enemies arent even fun to fight, you barely ever use the trap and the story doesnt seem all that interesting. 

so far its a bust for me but i'm wondering if anyone bought the full game, has played  the later missions and can tell me if it gets any better.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

@buft: I just finished the trail too. I'm disappointed in it. The shooting is laggy. Even if you stop shooting face an opposite direction and start shooting in the new direction you're facing, the beam has too sweep across wherever you were shooting last and mosey on down to wherever you're pointing. That's too broken to me. 

It's a shame cause Smash TV meets Ghostbusters seems cool in theroy, but apparently it doesn't work in practice. 
    Also character-wise, they were trying too much to be Egon(guy with glasses), Peter(Spunky girl), Ray(Paranoid guy), and Winstone (you in the demo, the guy with the baseball cap just cashin in).

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By buft
    @Scarlet_Rogue:  yeh the shooting doesnt seem great, its very slow due to the guy needing to turn round rather than the traditional system is these games that fires instantly. 
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CptBedlam

It looked boring and mediocre since the day they released the first screenshots. I never understood why people got their hopes up for this game.

SoftCoreDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SoftCoreDave

I would love a decent Ghostbusters game but there has not been one since New Ghostbusters II on the NES

SoftCoreDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SoftCoreDave

Just  tried the demo there:

'Lets make a dual joy stick shooter, lets slap the Ghostbusters name on it'

LAZY!  I'm out

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ttocs

The game is mediocre at best.  They just didn't offer enough gameplay variety.  Hell, even if they didn't offer variety, maybe something to mix things up.  It's just so boring.  Even with other people who get burned out in a couple levels (if you make it that far).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdave184 said:
    " I would love a decent Ghostbusters game but there has not been one since New Ghostbusters II on the NES
    "
    Are you really saying the newest, the third person shooter one, that game out wasn't even decent? It wasn't great, but decent or average. You have high standards.
    SoftCoreDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SoftCoreDave
    @EveretteScott said:
    " @bigdave184 said:
    " I would love a decent Ghostbusters game but there has not been one since New Ghostbusters II on the NES
    "
    Are you really saying the newest, the third person shooter one, that game out wasn't even decent? It wasn't great, but decent or average. You have high standards. "
    It was ok, the controls were a bit clunky and got board if it pretty quickly and never finished it. I Guess I just have a lot of fond memorys of that old game.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By audiosnag

I really wanted to like it, and I kinda had fun playing the game sorta kinda but yeah..its not great. I'm sad now.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hmmisee

Well i just finished it and i guess it was alright, at the start it was fun but going on towards the end it was the same weapons fighting the same enemies in the same setting, it got boring quick. The end level you just recap all the bosses you fight and one pretty easy last final boss.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By buft
    @hmmisee said:
    " Well i just finished it and i guess it was alright, at the start it was fun but going on towards the end it was the same weapons fighting the same enemies in the same setting, it got boring quick. The end level you just recap all the bosses you fight and one pretty easy last final boss. "
    how many levels where there in total? the size of the download gave the impression that it would be a fairly small game
    hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hmmisee

Theres 12 levels, about 10 minutes to complete each.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buft
    @hmmisee said:
    " Theres 12 levels, about 10 minutes to complete each. "
    oh, thats kinda poor considering  the scope of the games mechanics. cheers for the quick reply.
    nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nate6858

Tried the demo just now, seemed pretty mediocre. I didn't really care for the "run to room, get locked in, fight, run to next room, repeat" mechanic. The color coded weapons/enemies seems like it could be used to create some good, strategic coop gameplay but if the level design throughout the game is the same as the demo, then they probably wasted that potential. After playing something like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, this one just doesn't interest me.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cloudenvy

I played it for about 10 minutes yesterday.

Did I enjoy myself? no, no I did not.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, its true, this game has no dick.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Ineedaname
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " Yes, its true, this game has no dick. "
    Wait, what?
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ineedaname said:

" @President_Barackbar said:

" Yes, its true, this game has no dick. "

Wait, what? "

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I played the trial and got bored very quick..

I'm a big fan of the Ghostbusters but the cut-scenes were needessly long and the gameplay was very basic.  It needed to be more like the recent downloadable Tomb Raider game with more of a focus on the co-op and puzzles.

There's almost nothing redeeming about Sanctum of Slime as it is and it feels like they through it together in a matter of weeks.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Only good thing to come out of it was the Ghostbuster Uniform for my Avatar. Don't usually buy Avatar stuff but that and Slimer were very much a required purchase.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.