Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

50 enemies at a time?

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JCGamer

So I came by an old GoW III preview article from a year back, and the developers mentions how they can have up to 50 enemies on screen at a time.  And one of the first trailers for the game has a bunch of dudes on the back of Gaia (and where Kratos breaks the chains off of her at the end).  After beating the game of normal, I don't ever remember that many dudes on screen at a time?  Does this happen in the harder difficulties?  Just wondering.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b

The most I saw was, around thirty maybe give or take 5.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

The most i ever saw were like 10 and those were those stupid dogs, or scorpions.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Red12b said:
    " The most I saw was, around thirty maybe give or take 5. "
    30? more like 10, 15 max
    damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By damodar

When you fight the Centaur lord in Tartarus, there must have been more than 15 enemies on screen there.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Jambones
    @Damodar said:
    " When you fight the Centaur lord in Tartarus, there must have been more than 15 enemies on screen there. "
    Definitely more, but I cannot really say definitively. That seems like the only moment though.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

I don't think it ever happens. And you know what? I'm damn glad it doesn't. There's enough shit on the screen as it is. Far too often, I can't even tell what the hell was going on. On Normal, that makes the game boring. I'm just button mashing; not because I want to, but because I have no choice -- how the hell am I supposed to apply any sort of skill when I can't even tell where my dude is? On Very Hard, it makes the game offensively awful. When there are upwards of ten enemies -- or ever worse, more -- on the screen at the same time and the camera is shaking left and right, it's literally impossible to keep track of their attack signals (and let's not even talk about the bosses, and their painfully ambiguous (especially when coupled with the often horrible camera) animations).

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Red12b
    @Jambones said:
    " @Damodar said:
    " When you fight the Centaur lord in Tartarus, there must have been more than 15 enemies on screen there. "
    Definitely more, but I cannot really say definitively. That seems like the only moment though. "
    yeah pretty much, quite disappointing really, there isn't alot of places you can get a high combo.
    Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Aounslaught

To be fair, one of the challenge rooms in the Challenge of Olympus mode is about having less than 50 enemies on the screen at one time. However, I can't say I ever saw that many in the actual game. I wanna say the Hercules fight probably came the closest, though. In all honesty though, I would much rather have fight like Cronos or Poseidan(?) than 50 regular grunts on the screen.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Some of the challenges can fill the screen with 40-50 easy, and it gets chaotic.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By eclipsesis

Dude the challenges has 50 on screen at a time

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ch13696

So I take it there's no way to get the 1000-hit combo trophy?

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Jambones
    @ch13696 said:
    " So I take it there's no way to get the 1000-hit combo trophy? "
    There is, but I think it involves the claws you receive from Hades.
    blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackbeard
    @JCGamer: Saying they *can* do it is just to boast about the engine. It doesn't mean they will ;) 

Have you tried the challenge rooms? It might happen there. I haven't yet. I am working through the GoW Collection, just finished the first one and one of the challeges had at least 20 enemies on screen at once, if not more... and this is only the first game. 

My guess is the challenges will have upwards of 50 enemies at once.
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By RavenX302
    @Icemael: Had the exact same issue....

Took me two days to beat Zeus on Chaos just becasue I couldn't see a fuckin thing becasue of the effects and the panning out 'cinematic' camera, not to mention the auto lock system. Must be the cheapest game I have ever played on Chaos mode due to deaths that the player has next to zero control over.
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Quacktastic

It would probably be just too many enemies.  I just spawned a bunch of different enemies in the arena and there was so much stuff going on I couldn't keep track and had no control, but there were only like 20 things on screen.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By Icemael
    @RavenX302: Man, that Zeus battle. That fucking Zeus battle. It was all smooth sailing until he spawned like ten copies of himself, making it impossible to see what was going on. Army of Sparta was fairly efficient at taking them out, but once I was out of mana, I was screwed. That battle took me more than twenty minutes on Normal. Fucking ridiculous.
    doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By doe3879
    @Icemael: 
    use the lion gauntlets air to ground slam for AoE, i just spam that throughout the whole fight

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.