Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

God of War III gameplay video.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

Looks like the other GoW games, which certainly isn't a bad thing.
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tiwi

YESSSSS!!!! back to basics!!!! (i said that to the second to)

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hairydutchman

The idea is cool, but it still looks very early.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By danielkempster

If it plays like the other GoW games, it won't be a bad thing in itself. It will be a bad thing, however, for all the people touting this as being something truly revolutionary. After watching that trailer, I honestly can't see anything that sets it apart from the rest of the next-gen crowd. It looks good, but it doesn't look as incredible as people like David Jaffe are making it out to be.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

As long as people keep in mind this is more or less leaked and not meant for public viewing. Remember, it's a game developer conference, this video was there to illustrate what they were talking about I suppose. And yes it looks like God of War. Did someone expect, or want, something different? Meh. GoW is all about its epic set pieces if I judge the franchise by the PSP game's demo (haven't played any of the actual games and I don't own a PS3 either), none of which is demonstrated here, other than the ability to maneuver that beast.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    dankempster said:
    " It will be a bad thing, however, for all the people touting this as being something truly revolutionary. "
    Who said it was going to be revolutionary? David Jaffe said it looked like a "renaissance canvas painting" and that trailer did look highly stylistic.

As for the gameplay. It looks like God Of War. Like Al3xand3r said -- this demo is designed to show off the number of enemies on screen which already eclipses that of God Of War II. I'm assuming the environment and "setup" has purely been developed to show off the engine.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

What do you expect people? It's kinda like Megaman. Megaman is Megaman, its formula works, and it's really fun. Same with GOW. It was never "revolutionary", just really really fucking awesome.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    SathingtonWaltz said:
    "What do you expect people? It's kinda like Megaman. Megaman is Megaman, its formula works, and it's really fun. Same with GOW. It was never "revolutionary", just really really fucking awesome. "
    People expected there to be aliens and Kratos carrying a shotgun.

It really does bewilder me as to what people expect when these sequels get announced. Besides, even in that short gameplay reveal there is a new mechanic -- I don't remember riding Cyclops' in God Of War I/II/CoO, do you?
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I think it's just the "new" thing that if you can't think of a good reason to bash something, just say that it's generic or not intuitive.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Icemael
    get2sammyb said:
    "SathingtonWaltz said:
    "What do you expect people? It's kinda like Megaman. Megaman is Megaman, its formula works, and it's really fun. Same with GOW. It was never "revolutionary", just really really fucking awesome. "
    People expected there to be aliens and Kratos carrying a shotgun.It really does bewilder me as to what people expect when these sequels get announced. Besides, even in that short gameplay reveal there is a new mechanic -- I don't remember riding Cyclops' in God Of War I/II/CoO, do you?"
    Actually, that didn't look particularly fun to me. But I agree, this is a God of War game, and that's what people should be expecting.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
    Icemael said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "SathingtonWaltz said:
    People expected there to be aliens and Kratos carrying a shotgun.It really does bewilder me as to what people expect when these sequels get announced. Besides, even in that short gameplay reveal there is a new mechanic -- I don't remember riding Cyclops' in God Of War I/II/CoO, do you?"
    Actually, that didn't look particularly fun to me. But I agree, this is a God of War game, and that's what people should be expecting.
    "
    I presume this is why they didn't want this getting out -- mainly because this is a tech demonstration and not a gameplay reveal -- in which I'm sure at E3 they'll have a more interesting area of the game to show off.

But I do agree - that particular section lacked alternative animations and a more visceral feel but, I have to say, honestly, I doubt they'll release the game with the mechanic playing like that.

Like I said, I'm presuming this "demo" was custom made from assets to show off the number of on-screen enemies, which is impressive if nothing else. The screen is fairly well littered with dudes.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

dude, i thought that footage looked pretty awesome. now i can't wait to see more of the game : )

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By danielkempster
    get2sammyb said:
    "dankempster said:
    " It will be a bad thing, however, for all the people touting this as being something truly revolutionary. "
    Who said it was going to be revolutionary? David Jaffe said it looked like a "renaissance canvas painting" and that trailer did look highly stylistic.As for the gameplay. It looks like God Of War. Like Al3xand3r said -- this demo is designed to show off the number of enemies on screen which already eclipses that of God Of War II. I'm assuming the environment and "setup" has purely been developed to show off the engine."
    I wasn't referring to Jaffe with that statement, I was referring to the fanboys who are making this game out to be the second coming of Christ. It won't be - it will be a God of War game, and that's great news in my book. It just bothers me when people hype things up unnecessarily. When I mentioned Jaffe I was more referring to his comment about the visuals, and from that video I didn't see anything to get excited about. Then again, the quality of the video isn't exactly great, so there may be stuff going on that we can't make out. I guess we'll just have to wait for official gameplay footage. Sorry, I didn't intend to come across as being so negative. I'm actually really looking forward to this.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By daniel_beck_90

It looks promising but lacks innovation just like all the other hack and slash games

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
    that looked excellent! hoping on that big dude is just one tiny feature though guys, stop basing your entire opinion of the game on that and saying "oh wow just like every other hack slash out there"
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "It looks promising but lacks innovation just like all the other hack and slash games "
    thats what im saying, how the hell can you get tons of innovation out of a fucking 56 second clip jackass. that was just something really badass you get to do and i thought it looked excellent, by the way the graphics look great and look at all those dudes flying around its just awesome. its like LOTR Return of the King - badass
    Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

wow this looks like shit? Not. It looks like God of War 3. It looks like I will be riding cyclops' and killing dudes. It looks like if u actually see the whole leaked video, that this is just before u rip Helios' head off.  It looks like the enemies are smarter. It looks like kratos' Blades are stronger. And what else it looks like is a good game. What it doesn't look like is just another hack and slash game.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By vivek

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CONTROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "It looks promising but lacks innovation just like all the other hack and slash games "
    This game isn't a hack and slash game by any means. If you play it on any difficulty higher then medium, hacking and slashing will get you killed with seconds.
    Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Optiow

Already seen it.
    The riding of the cyclops looks fun, but the minigame looks to easy...

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Got tired of GoW after i did the same move 20 times

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Al3xand3r

Every game must get tiring pretty fast for you then, maybe with the exception of VS beat em ups which last 10 more mins...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Linkyshinks

Live stage demo on Gamespot right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.