Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

i see no reason for this to not be pinnacle title for the ps3

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

no spoilers but to those who played god of war 2 know exactly where the story is gonna go so im expecting a 10 hours game but i know 10 hours of gameplay isnt gonna fill up a blu ray so im setting my expectations high with them just maximizing the ps3 potential to make the atmosphere of the final battles ahead REAL epic and atmospheric and really showing that this game cannot be done on any other platform i mean look at mgs 4 that game by chopping it up into 4-5 disc that can work on the 360 with no issues but the way that this game will be short it will make no sense to chop it into another set of discs

i dunno thats just been bothering me  this seems like the perfect game to show that it cant be done anywhere else besides the ps3

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shocker

This game will be amazing

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Guiltyspark

PRESS TRIANGLE TO BEAT THE BOSS!

Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

Press triangle to beat the boss? OOOk. U have to do more then hit a button to kill a boss in God of War

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Optiow

It should be real good.
    And I do expect them to maximise the potential of the ps3.
    After all they have maxed out the Ps2 and PsP, so why not max out the Ps3:)
    But I expect good things from this game, I just hopt they do it right, and not stuff up the story.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Optiow
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "

god of war 1 and 2 weren't even close to the best games for the ps2.  GOW3 won't either for the Ps3.

"
    what?!
    They were some of the best action adventure games for the Ps2!
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By danielkempster
    Optiow said:
    "They were some of the best action adventure games for the Ps2!"
    They were some of the best action adventure games period.

I really hope GoW3 turns out great. The PS3 could really do with another killer app like MGS4.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

My only fear for GoW III is they won't do enough new with the franchise to make it feel fresh, and instead it will just feel like an upgraded version of GoW + GoW II.  That's not a bad thing necessarily, but like Far Cry 2, it would just be a disappointment.

As for the "pinnacle" title for the PS3, I don't think GoW III will be it.  PS3 already has its pinnacle title in MGS4.  GoW III will just be adding to the library.
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By matthew
    jakob187 said:
    "My only fear for GoW III is they won't do enough new with the franchise to make it feel fresh, and instead it will just feel like an upgraded version of GoW + GoW II.  That's not a bad thing necessarily, but like Far Cry 2, it would just be a disappointment."
    Point well made.  The closest I think we can come to seeing that in a current game would be the Devil May Cry series.  jakob187 said:
    "As for the "pinnacle" title for the PS3, I don't think GoW III will be it.  PS3 already has its pinnacle title in MGS4.  GoW III will just be adding to the library."
    I think even Solid Snake might have a worthy contender when Team ICO brings it's game to the table.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive

i thought mgs4 was the pinnacle title. 

uncharted 2 can be too if they make the right improvements on top of a whole new amazing game. 
    i think Resistance 3, whenever it comes out, will be the Pinnacle actually. imagine that after 2, its gonna be amazing. 

oh yeah team ico is coming out big time
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BigBoss1911
    @dankempster said:
    " Optiow said:
    They were some of the best action adventure games period.I really hope GoW3 turns out great. The PS3 could really do with another killer app like MGS4. "
    No they werent.You need to play some Jak and Daxter.
    Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Matt_

God of War was pretty awesome. But it was awesome a long time ago. Now my feelings are "meh."

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ravey said:
    " Optiow said:

"what?! They were some of the best action adventure games for the Ps2!"

Keep telling yourself that, darling! "

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

I don't think it matters that God Of War III is essentially an HD upgrade of the franchise. They pretty much nailed the gameplay first time around. It's much like when an musician finds their "sound" within the first album. Do you change ENTIRELY or do you do the same again?

They're touting this as the last of the trilogy. And I think it will be. I think they know they can only do one more game in this style. I'm not saying it'll be the end of the franchise (it won't) but I expect they may do a "reboot" at some point.

As for God Of War III, well it's certainly taking the "bigger, better more badass approach". You just know it's going to be balls-out bonkers.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422

Its going to be a really great game, and trust me I'm looking forward to it a whole hell of a lot. However, just by what I've seen so far, regardless of it being enough for me and still loving it, it at the core is just going to be a GoW like its always been with better visuals...I don't see how that would be the 'pinnacle' of the PS3 with something like inFamous out now, or the way Heavy Rain looks, and potentially, MAG if it all works right.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'm leaning towards Trico being the pinacle >_>

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jkz

I loved 1 and 2, but 3 looks too much of the same. With new hardware, they seem to just be advancing the graphics and not the gameplay. Their mentions of what they changed so far have been "living battlefield" and "the cestus, it's a giant boxing glove." I hope it turns out good, but they really need to do something to spice up the gameplay, because so far, I'm noticing a lot of the combos being the same as the last games, and I'm a little dissapointed.

Games at E3 showed that series' can be revamped, I hope they do that here.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
    @jukezypoo: I think it's too late for the kind of changes you're hinting towards.

It's more God Of War. That's what it is and that's what it's going to be.
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By danielkempster
    @BigBoss1911 said:
    "
    @dankempster said:
    " Optiow said:
    They were some of the best action adventure games period.I really hope GoW3 turns out great. The PS3 could really do with another killer app like MGS4. "
    No they werent.You need to play some Jak and Daxter. "
    I have. Pretty extensively.
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alexander

Maybe they could fill a Bluray if they put in uncompressed audio and a 3 hour making-of documentary.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jkz
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @jukezypoo: I think it's too late for the kind of changes you're hinting towards.It's more God Of War. That's what it is and that's what it's going to be. "
    Yeah I get that, but it's always possible they aren't showing us the other gameplay variation. if they have enormous bosses on a frequent basis, and keep the gameplay varied a bit, it could be pretty good. I know it's not going to be revamped though.

Still, look at the Call of Duty franchise, it became more than just a well-balanced, linear, first-person shooter because it had a great storyline and had enough variation to keep the game-play interesting. I just hope they manage that with GoW 3
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It's probably my most anticipated PS3 title, but I was disappointed with their press conference demo. It looked good, but we didn't really see any new innovation at all. The core gameplay looks completely the same, with a couple of new weapons. God of War is one of my all-time favorite games, I'd like to see it continue to grow, and not just graphically. God of War 2 didn't really make much of progression with the series and ultimately it let me down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very stoked about GOW3, but the very idea of it being the pinnacle of the PS3 is preposterous.

It doesn't look like it will be something amazingly original and ambitious as Heavy Rain or The Last Guardian.

It's God Of War on an even more epic and grander scale. That's like the people who were spouting that Halo 3 would be the pinnacle of the 360.

Reminds me alot of this

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By get2sammyb
    @jukezypoo: I'm sure the things you listed are top of the list. That's the way it rolls. You could even say that because the gameplay is already so defined they can focus on stuff like that.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jkz
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @jukezypoo: I'm sure the things you listed are top of the list. That's the way it rolls. You could even say that because the gameplay is already so defined they can focus on stuff like that.I guess we'll have to wait and see. "
    Yeah, that's my hope
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By zombie2011

I played both the God of War games and liked them, however im not to excited about this. Sure i would like to know how the story turns out but as for the gameplay im kind of done with the hack and slash games. I liked Wolverine but after a couple hours once i got used to the gore i got bored of gameplay. I will probably rent it and beat it, hopefully the game isn't to long or i will get bored of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.