Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Why did this not get a mention for best looking game?

• 61 results
    Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

The way they were listing off games and completely ignoring God of War 3 comes across as flame baiting.  They knew that a lot people would be bothered by the games exclusion, and they were highlighting that it wasn't up for consideration. 

cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By cgoodno

Best looking is more about art direction, not graphical prowess and technology.   At least that's my understanding.   Otherwise, I don't see how Kirby could have won.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By get2sammyb
    @jamesisaacs said:

" God of War III is no where near the best looking game. But are these award based on quality, style or both? If it's style then maybe. "

I disagree. Take issue with the art-style, theme or concept all you like, God Of War III was hands-down the best looking game released in 2010. That it wasn't even mentioned was pretty disappointing to be honest.

Then again, I suppose there's an argument for a game being forgotten... Still. C'mon. God Of War III is ridiculous.

(Kirby probably deserved to win though.)
    HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By HubrisRanger
    @Chubbaluphigous
    The way they were listing off games and completely ignoring God of War 3 comes across as flame baiting.  They knew that a lot people would be bothered by the games exclusion, and they were highlighting that it wasn't up for consideration. 
    Or the game didn't leave a lasting enough impression on any of those four dudes to cross their minds for that category. If it was forgotten, that speaks just as much if not more than an open rejection.

Also, anyone who thinks there is a categorical or objective meauring stick for these awards is fucking hiiiiiiiigh.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

titties

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Chubbaluphigous
    @HubrisRanger: I'm not at all saying it should have won.  I'm just sayin' that they went to good lengths to find other games worth mentioning, and totally glossed it over.  They talked about Blops even, which had middling graphics at best(My reference point is the PC version on max settings).  They pointed out why GT5 didn't make the list.  I understand why the gameplay wouldn't leave a lasting impression.  It had issues, I personally had big issues with the gameplay.  The graphics, animation, and overall visual presentation was fucking amazing though.  For that, it at least deserves a mention.  It is fine that it didn't appeal to them as much as the top 3.  The awards are all their opinion, and nothing more.  It is just that for them to list off so many other games looking for contenders and completely bypass the most graphically lauded game this year comes across as antagonistic.  If they just talked about their top 3, then it wouldn't have come across that way.
    Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Chaos_Bladez

I guess it just irritates me how much the whole staff just basically wrote off God Of War in every possible way. I can (kind of) understand that you don't like combat games, but to dismiss it as "Kratos is angry" and "It's basically God Of War 2" (like what Vinny said) and "It follows a formula" is just ignorant.
    Graphics is the category where, no matter what you think about God Of War 3, you can't deny God Of War 3's excellence. It is also kind of funny how you read Ryan's review and it says more than once how good it looks.

I'm not super upset, I just wanted to point that out.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By TheHT
    @jamesisaacs said:
    " God of War III is no where near the best looking game. But are these award based on quality, style or both? If it's style then maybe. "
    It's just look. If it looks the nicest, it wins. That's why there was Kirby alongside NFS which would normally be split into style and technical respectively.

Still, for the awesome scale GoW3 pulls back on alone, it DEFINITELY should have been a strong contender.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By toowalrus

I thought about this, but God of War is awesome on the technical side, but mad boring on the artistic side, I get why they didn't choose it, but they probably should have mentioned it.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Akeldama

Again, no love for Sony.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Enigma777

I'm getting more and more convinced that they simply forgot about it. I blame it on their lack of preparation and trying to do all 5 podcasts in a single day. 

Hell, when they were showing off GOW3 for the PS3 GOTY, one of them said how they forgot it looked so good and another agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e114a345bdd
    deactivated-58e114a345bdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are xbox guys. When they were reading the best PS3 list, Ryan said "that's actually a pretty good list." And I'm like "Wasn't it obvious throughout the year? PS3 also had a better list in 09 when shadow complex won best xbox360 game." Their shitty recap of them playing god of war 3 farther demonstrated they don't pay attention to PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.