Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 02, 2010

GoldenEye 007 (for the Wii and Nintendo DS) is a re-imagining of the 1997 Nintendo 64 classic of the same name (as well as the 1995 movie it was based off of).

Whats special about the Nintendo 64 goldeneye?

• 68 results
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By melcene
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    Agree. Perfect Dark was a way bigger revolution (personally) than GoldenEye ever was. I loved making agressive bot game modes with absurd kill counts to win, doing that with friends...come to think of it very much like Horde mode way back in the day. "
    The remake on Marketplace is pretty much exactly the same as the original. I thought it was worth the download :)
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By landon
    @melcene:  I'm sure your limited time with the game at PAX is enough to justify your opinion about the 8 hour campaign and multiplayer.
    El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By El_Zo1212o

the funny thing here is that no one has mentioned how cinematic this game was. wemre talking about cutscenes integrated into the gamev that you took part in. remember when ouromov and his goons captured and executed trevelyan? sure there wasnt any voice acting at the time, but the game managed to take the most iconic scenes from the movie and portrayed them beautifully. it really was something else.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By melcene
    @Landon: Yes, I got to play multiplayer and I got to see and play some campaign.  Let's go back to your own source... Gametrailers said enough to tickle the nostalgia bone, but enough for it to be fresh and new.  It's a remake.  It's not supposed to be a fresh and new experience.  The only things that tickle the nostalgia bone are the characters and the graphics.  That's like trying to call the New Super Mario Brothers game a "remake."
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#55  Edited By beargirl1

it was fun 

xXRAWxHEATxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By xXRAWxHEATxX

Golden Eye on the Nintendo 64 was just amazing. It was arguably the best FPS shooter out there at the time. The split screen multilayer mode was so much fun. I have a lot of good memories playing that with my friends.  I heard this new Golden Eye that came out was pretty good, so I think I'll pick up a Nintendo Wii and get the new Golden Eye, along with some other Wii games. 

ScoopsTherobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ScoopsTherobot
    @HandsomeDead said:
    "You played it when you were a child therefore it's the greatest game of all time. "

lol true dat 
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Milkman
    @Shaanyboi said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " It proved FPS games were possible on consoles that were just as good as the PC, essentially. "
    HA!  Uhhhh no.    Not even close .  People just have a lot of nostalgia for endlessly playing the four player multiplayer.  Play this game now, it's totally outdated, clunky as all hell, and just doesn't hold up.  Although multiplayer is still pretty fun.    A lot of it is just rose-tinted glasses now though.  People who STILL defend GoldenEye as being this amazing amazing game, even nowadays just have their head up their ass "
    What kind of idiotic reasoning is that? Doom is pretty dated now so that must mean it sucks too. 
    jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jayjonesjunior
    @Landon: fresh experience? please, it's CoD with 007 skins, there is no nostalgia and definetely no "freshness" of any kind. 

plus look what they did to the Facility, they really think their game is somewhat superior to the original to even redesign one of the all time favorite multiplayer maps, talk about arrogance...
    Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Shaanyboi
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Shaanyboi said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " It proved FPS games were possible on consoles that were just as good as the PC, essentially. "
    HA!  Uhhhh no.    Not even close .  People just have a lot of nostalgia for endlessly playing the four player multiplayer.  Play this game now, it's totally outdated, clunky as all hell, and just doesn't hold up.  Although multiplayer is still pretty fun.    A lot of it is just rose-tinted glasses now though.  People who STILL defend GoldenEye as being this amazing amazing game, even nowadays just have their head up their ass "
    Just because it's dated now doesn't mean it wasn't when it came out. Ever heard of how time works? "
    To say that GoldenEye was EVER as good as what was on the PC by the time it came out is total bull.  When that game came out, it was a joke compared to what people were playing on PC.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#61  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It was great, although I wouldn't say revolutionary, for it's time and the console it was released on. Plus, it was one of the games that defined the N64 as the party system (along with such titles as Mario Kart 64). But please, let's not delude ourselves: It hasn't aged well.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Willy105
    @Shaanyboi said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Shaanyboi said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    Just because it's dated now doesn't mean it wasn't when it came out. Ever heard of how time works? "
    To say that GoldenEye was EVER as good as what was on the PC by the time it came out is total bull.  When that game came out, it was a joke compared to what people were playing on PC. "
    Well, it's you vs. history.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By weltal

Golden Gun on Facility playing Oddjob crouched and just waiting for someone to come through the door. That's the majority of my memory playing that game.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By hockeymask27

This is my childhood 

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Shaanyboi
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Shaanyboi said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Shaanyboi said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    To say that GoldenEye was EVER as good as what was on the PC by the time it came out is total bull.  When that game came out, it was a joke compared to what people were playing on PC. "
    Well, it's you vs. history. "
    lol that's seriously your rebuttal?  Goldeneye was a joke compared to PC shooters back then.  Anyone old enough to wipe their own ass at the time could tell you the same
    James_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By James_F

As a kid, GoldenEye was so amazing because it was a game you could literally stay up all night playing against your friends (a lot of Mountain Dew helped out). I think I played that game almost every weekend like that until Perfect Dark came out.  Although PD was a better multiplayer game to me back then (nothing beat having you and friends versus bots), GE was the one I remember most, but, like other posters have said, that's probably just because of nostalgia.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By rubberluffy

I've played the original Goldeneye in the past year and still fucking love it.  Unsure about the new one but I'll give it a try with friends.   Splitscreen ONLY.  If I can't reach over and punch my friend for killing me with Slappers then I have no interest.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Willy105
    @Shaanyboi said:
    lol that's seriously your rebuttal?  Goldeneye was a joke compared to PC shooters back then.  Anyone old enough to wipe their own ass at the time could tell you the same "
    Alright, if you feel that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.