Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

IGN's review is online

• 116 results
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By raviolisumo
    @Jeust said:
    " @Jace said:
    " I lol'd when I saw the graphics only got a 9. IGN-totally legit. "
    Read the review and you'll understand the grade. "
    "Only" a 9?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By Jeust
    @Wes899 said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @Jace said:
    " I lol'd when I saw the graphics only got a 9. IGN-totally legit. "
    Read the review and you'll understand the grade. "
    "Only" a 9? "
    Yep, what makes the game a complete shit graphically!
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#103  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @BigBoss1911 said:
    " I cant see how people take IGN's reviews seriously..... "
    I don't get all the hate for IGN.
    gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By gamefreak9
    @StaticFalconar: 8.5 is good, ofc ur not gna stop ur pre order.
    Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Jace
    @Jeust:  

Oh god, the trolling is almost too easy in a GT5 thread.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#106  Edited By ch13696

Is it me or does it sound like the reviewer is just slapping big words together just to sound intelligent. I'm not defending GT5, that's just what the review looks like to me.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#107  Edited By Bollard

Haha so happy with that score. As soon as I played it at Eurogamer and saw the meh 3D I realised it wasn't going to be a 10/10 game. Oh well, fanboys raging go!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By KaosAngel
    @TheHBK said:
    " @pwnasaurus said:
    " @KaosAngel: ewww why did you buy an infinity? nasty cars they are. "
    totally, if you were a real car enthusiast you would buy something other than a prettied up Nissan... ugh.  My sister owns a Nissan and she is a retard. "
    Oh come on.  Nissan makes high quality products, and if I could...I'd trade the G37 for the GT-R.  Nissan makes solid products.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#109  Edited By Jeust
    @Jace said:

" @Jeust:   Oh god, the trolling is almost too easy in a GT5 thread. "

Yes it is, still the score is due to the fact that the amount of detail is uneven, better towards the best cars, worse in the shitty ones, and the climate conditions don't look as impressive as it could be. 
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By yakov456
    @KaosAngel
    @TheHBK said:
    " @pwnasaurus said:
    totally, if you were a real car enthusiast you would buy something other than a prettied up Nissan... ugh.  My sister owns a Nissan and she is a retard. "
    Oh come on.  Nissan makes high quality products, and if I could...I'd trade the G37 for the GT-R.  Nissan makes solid products.
    Nissans are fucking bulletproof, they make some really solid sports cars.

And to support a statement already made, people who enjoy cars for what they are what can be done with them will love this game. Can the folks with the green tags who came in to basically add nothing kindly screw off.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By xyzygy
    @TheHBK:

The tracks definitely do NOT look amazing. Have you even SEEN the backgrounds?! Quite literally the scenery, horizon, background images and crowds look like cardboard cut outs. I'm not even kidding!

@yakov456 said:

" @KaosAngel
    @TheHBK said:
    " @pwnasaurus said:
    Nissans are fucking bulletproof, they make some really solid sports cars. And to support a statement already made, people who enjoy cars for what they are what can be done with them will love this game. Can the folks with the green tags who came in to basically add nothing kindly screw off. "
    Yeah. Very solid cars of which the company recalls 2,140,000.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By xMP44x

I'm not surprised that the score is not as high as people had hoped. At the same time though I don't like IGN's reviews normally so I shall wait for a Giant Bomb review before deciding whether or not I really like the look of the game or not. The graphics from the images look pretty nice, though without having played the game I can't really give my own opinion.

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By gunharp
    @xyzygy said:
    " Yeah. Very solid cars of which the company recalls 2,140,000."
    Argh! If your going to base the "Solidness" of Nissan's autos off of that recall, it is very naive. The Japanese Nostalgic Car scene would like to have a word with you, or all the dudes rocking the SR series of Nissan engines.  

As more and more cars are produced and more and more components are shared (part of that recall includes a shared platform with Suzuki) the more recalls we will see from every manufacturer, as we have been.  

Anyways, every company makes shitty models. But on the whole yeah Nissan makes a solid sports car as @yakov456 said.
    eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By eloj
    @WinterSnowblind:@WinterSnowblind said:

" @TheBlindChessman said:

" Anyone know why review copies weren't sent out earlier? The game was done, and if it really does get better later on (i have no idea if this is true)  the surely they're shooting themselves in the foot by not making sure that reviewers had a good long time with the game before the reviews went up. "

They were sent out a few weeks back.  There was just an embargo preventing reviews from being posted until now. "
    Over at Shacknews, Garnett Lee has this to say "Our GT5 review will be little while, though. Our review copy only arrived yesterday. That allowed just enough time to get it installed before the holiday break.", so obviously review copies being sent out "a few weeks back" isn't a universal truth. Probably only a select few reviewers got it early, the ones expected to give a good grade. A good review should make it clear how much time they actually spent with the game.

It should be noted that reviewers have probably been playing (if the were interested) a lot of GT5 at various events long before the review copies went out.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By xyzygy
    @Gunharp said:

" @xyzygy said:

" Yeah. Very solid cars of which the company recalls 2,140,000."
    Argh! If your going to base the "Solidness" of Nissan's autos off of that recall, it is very naive. The Japanese Nostalgic Car scene would like to have a word with you, or all the dudes rocking the SR series of Nissan engines.  

As more and more cars are produced and more and more components are shared (part of that recall includes a shared platform with Suzuki) the more recalls we will see from every manufacturer, as we have been.  

Anyways, every company makes shitty models. But on the whole yeah Nissan makes a solid sports car as @yakov456 said. "
    Yeah, I admit it was a but of a cheap shot and was all in good fun. Some of my favorite cars in GT games are the Skylines, and the 350z is one sexy beast. Even the newer Altimas and Maximas are very nice to look at.
    Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#116  Edited By Banshee
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    " I see that Gamespot are the only website out there who are waiting unti after the holidays to review it."
    Gametrailers hasn't reviewed it either. They don't plan to have their review complete until next week, but they didn't get their copy until Monday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.