Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Polyphony still has not adressed the rubber band AI in GT

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Guiltyspark

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/Allgemein/9148/1971553/Gran_Turismo_5.html

from somebody at the event who got to play the game. 

Here is a translation

Gives rise to criticism, even the AI: The nine other drivers rempeln and turned not only unfair to these deposits only to my car several times, but subsequent cars still crash into me unabated into it and seemed not to respond to the accident. Here Polyphony in any case even after, if you are not connecting to lose Forza wants. 

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By L33tfella_H

i take it you don't like Gran Turismo?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By mordukai
    @dcpc10 said:
    " Stop trolling "

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @dcpc10 said:
    " Stop trolling "
    bad news is still news , wipe the tears away and stop spamming
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @Guiltyspark said:

" @dcpc10 said:

" Stop trolling "
    bad news is still news , wipe the tears away and stop spamming "
    So are you going to start threads about how Forza 3 will own Gt 5 even though both of them will be good. I am sorry to tell you that but you are the one thats spamming, living in denial is never good thing.    
    Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @Mordukai said:
    " @Guiltyspark said:

" @dcpc10 said:

" Stop trolling "
    bad news is still news , wipe the tears away and stop spamming "
    So are you going to start threads about how Forza 3 will own Gt 5 even though both of them will be good. I am sorry to tell you that but you are the one thats spamming, living in denial is never good thing.     "
    where did i say anything about forza? find it please , this thread is about grand turismo . stop grasping for straws and more importantly stop spamming my thread
    Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @dcpc10 said:
    "  ''Speaking to Joystiq on the show floor at E3, Turn 10's John Wendl confirmed "It [Forza Motorsport 3] is going to ship on two discs.''-IGN  THE SERIES IS DEAD OH NOES!!111 (referencing to your other thread) See, I can troll too. "
    what does forza have to do with this?
    Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Guiltyspark said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    "  ''Speaking to Joystiq on the show floor at E3, Turn 10's John Wendl confirmed "It [Forza Motorsport 3] is going to ship on two discs.''-IGN  THE SERIES IS DEAD OH NOES!!111 (referencing to your other thread) See, I can troll too. "
    what does forza have to do with this? "
    You even mentioned it in your original post. Stop trying to turn this place into system wars. "
    are you blind? check again noob
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mordukai
    @Guiltyspark:  
      I didn't say you did say anything about Forza 3. I said are you GOING to start it? Usually people will do that you know. They will open thread about how a certain game is going to be crap and minutes later they will open threads about how the rival game will be 1000 times better. Human behavior follows certain paths. If I insulted you then I do apologize but I think you are taking this whole issue a bit too far. Maybe you should wait until the game is out and judge for yourself before having bold claims like the one you made in you earlier thread about how the GT5 is the death of a franchise. Claiming things as fact before they are even out is always a bad idea.  

Take for example what MS CEO said about the iPhone mere months before it launched. He was boldly claiming how the iPhone has not chance of getting any significant market share...Yeaaaaehhhhhhh....how much you wanna bet he wished he never said that???? 

What I am trying to et is that you should just hold yourself back and wait for the game to come out, then if it's shit and GT5 signals the death of the franchise then come back and gloat about it.    
    Gary_Armstrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Gary_Armstrong

This might be a troll thread, but it still raises a valid point: The AI in Gran Turismo needs to change to match the times. 

I love the shininess of Polyphony's games, but I can't justify getting a another GT game that is nothing more than a fantasy car showroom. The game is important too ._.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Guiltyspark said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    " @Guiltyspark said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    what does forza have to do with this? "
    You even mentioned it in your original post. Stop trying to turn this place into system wars. "
    are you blind? check again noob "
    No you're the one blind, because you're complaining about a game that isn't even finished yet. "
    the game has been in development for over 5 years freind , i highly doubt there are going to be any signifigant changes
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By TheHBK

here is a question, would you guys still buy this game if the AI was the same as all previous versions of GT?  seriously...5 years since GT4 and no improvement to the AI?  What the fuck have these guys been doing?
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By nanikore
    @Guiltyspark: And I highly doubt you know anything at all about game development.
    creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By creamclouds
    @TheHBK said:
    " here is a question, would you guys still buy this game if the AI was the same as all previous versions of GT?  seriously...5 years since GT4 and no improvement to the AI?  What the fuck have these guys been doing? "
    is the AI really that bad?
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Boiglenoight

Games like Forza 3 and Dirt 2 have decent AI that keeps things interesting.  Opponents can be more or less aggressive, crashes can occur without your involvement, cars slide off the track...I expect the same from GT.  If the reviews come out and the AI's the same, I have no interest in this game except perhaps multiplayer.

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Spongetwan

I liked Forza and I still remember my first time play GT on my PS2. I am really hoping that there is no rubber band AI because it cheapens the thrill of the race.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Bouke

I played GT5 at Gamescom last year and the bad AI was one thing that jumped out at me. I hope they adress it before the game's release and since the japanese launch got pushed back, it should give them some more time. I rather have good AI instead of damage...
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MikkaQ

Either way, it's time they made a fuckin' racing sim, and not a "driving" sim. Shit's boring. Also Mario Kart has rubber band AI. If your ultra-realistic driving game takes cues from the most disconnected driving game ever, you're a joke. 

Still buying it though hahaha.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Slippy

The series has never had rubberband AI. I am betting that the driver got off to a good start but ended up sucking, and also had a car that was faster in corners but useless on straights.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.