Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Did anyone ever figure out what the zombies in the online were?

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dsplayer1010

Topic^^

McPlated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By McPlated

All I know is that I got the zombie unlock.

How I got it or why I got it is beyond me.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

You get the zombie unlock when you get the "Let sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement on the 360. On the PS3, it's available from the start.

Avatar image for betterthantelevision
    betterthantelevision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lies said:
    "You get the zombie unlock when you get the "Let sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement on the 360. On the PS3, it's available from the start."
    Yeah, it's a viral achievement. If you kill anybody who has the achievement unlocked, you get it. The 'virus' was started by Rockstar employees playing online during the first week or two after the launch. Or that is my understanding, at least.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb
    betterthantelevision said:
    "Lies said:
    "You get the zombie unlock when you get the "Let sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement on the 360. On the PS3, it's available from the start."
    Yeah, it's a viral achievement. If you kill anybody who has the achievement unlocked, you get it. The 'virus' was started by Rockstar employees playing online during the first week or two after the launch. Or that is my understanding, at least."

Kinda.

Yes, it's a viral achievement. The game launched and during the first week or two some Rockstar employees played the online multiplayer until a handful of players managed to kill them. This unlocked the achievement "Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie" (10G) and unlocked the zombie character.

The viral part of the equation is that anyone who killed the Rockstar employee's killer would unlock the achievement and the zombie as well. And so the "virus" spreads. To get the achievement you have to have killed a player who has already gotten the achievement from killing someone who has the achievement.

Savvy?
    Brando1788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Brando1788

That was my first achievement in gta iv I dont know how I got it, I got it on the first person I killed in Mafiya Work

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.