Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Who else liked the Lost and Damned more than main story

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By granderojo

The scripted mission are plane awesome in the game, I don't want to spoil anything but there are definetly so worthwhile missions.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

They wouldn't mean as much if the main story hadn't been so great though.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

I really liked Lost & Damned's story , but the original Grand Theft Auto IV story was better.  It's story is realistic with real characters and it's mature take was a fresh change.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By granderojo
    Br3adfan said:
    "I really liked Lost & Damned's story , but the original Grand Theft Auto IV story was better.  It's story is realistic with real characters and it's mature take was a fresh change."
    I liked the comedy better in lost and damned, and the scripted car scenes are better in L&D than GTAIV.  It may just be my memory, but I think because they retooled the motorcycle, it makes the scripted sequences more enjoyable with them.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Captain_Fookup

It's exactly what the main plot of GTA IV should of been The Lost And The Damned was badass.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

I think I did like it a bit better in some ways. I thought the story in TLAD was much more badass.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss
    Coltonio7 said:
    "They wouldn't mean as much if the main story hadn't been so great though."
    I disagree. Most of the game could stand on its own, and the parts with Bellic in it were probably the least appealing to me; I just really liked TLAD's characters and it seems to me that that was the story Rockstar was meant to write. Check out mah blog fur more (/shameless plug).
    granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By granderojo

I really want to know who will you play as in the next DLC, I am definitely buying it.

There has been speculation that it will be Luis Fernando Lopez who is the person who ambushed Niko and Johnny in the museum in diamond tradeoff.

He is apart of fight clubs, was in on the bank heist with Niko,  and is the one Johnny steals the diamonds from in the first place. 

He is a Black Dominican dude so yeah all you people who liked CJ as did I might find a liking to new DLC.

No Caption Provided

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By dsplayer1010

I can't say I agree.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BBQBram

It was a great story that could stand on it's own easily, but the way it interweaved with Niko's story with the whole diamond shindig was just genius, and the few loose ends that were left from that will probably be explained in DLC Nr. 2, playing as Luis. Overall the tone of TLAD was great, they really nailed the rough biker gang feel.

The thing that struck me as a genius tool for immersion was the fact that when playing Niko's story for the first time, you discover the city as Niko does, being an immigrant and all. But once TLAD came out we already knew the city pretty well, so playing as a character who has lived there his whole life just felt right. Thumbs up, Rockstar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.