Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Are you sticking to old consoles or moving to the new ones?

jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By jrodrz

Poll Are you sticking to old consoles or moving to the new ones? (114 votes)

Yes, I'm buying GTAV for XBONE/PS4 68%
    No, I'm sticking to X360/PS3 version. 32%

Hey guys.

So GTAV's launch for new consoles is less than two months away, and I wanted to know how many of you (that still play the game) are actually buying the game a second time, or just sticking to the original ones that came last year.

Cheers

• 
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Waiting for the PC version.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

I didn't have fun with it the first time so I highly doubt I would at a slightly higher resolution (currently only have a 768p monitor).

Might buy it when it's 5 bucks in a Steam sale like I did for GTA4.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

I didn't have fun with it the first time so I highly doubt I would at a slightly higher resolution (currently only have a 768p monitor).

But you'd be missing out on enhanced features, like more dense traffic!

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I will buy it. I really enjoyed it and with it having a better framerate i'll be happy.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:

Does it have more heists? That's the only part of the game I actually enjoyed.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am not paying them more money for the same game when they won't even offer a discount.

sf2733

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: This. while I loved the game it's not worth a rebuy unless there is meaningful additional content.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy said:
    @corruptedevil said:

Does it have more heists? That's the only part of the game I actually enjoyed.

If it had more heists they would be pimping that aspect of it and not the denser traffic.

In six or seven years the game will be on sale for $5 or $10. My PS3 will be packed away by then and I might want to play it again. That's when I'll pick up the updated version.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

I borrowed it from my brother, and did just about everything in it. It has some disappointing aspect, especially how after I beat it, I felt I was done with it, but yeah, I'll be buying it on the PS4 probably.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If gamestop or some other retailer does something similar to what was offered for The Last of Us (half off with a last gen trade in), I'll probably take the plunge. Even though I liked GTA V and would be interested in playing it again and giving GTA Online another chance (this time with people I know), I'm still not willing to spend $60 that could go towards a new game on one I've already put 100 hours into.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pr1mus

I'm replaying it right now on PS3. No point in upgrading.

Might pick it up again years from now on PC when it's 5 bucks.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By development
    Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Seikenfreak

Unsure.

I got 100% on the PS3 version and really enjoyed the world but, unlike other GTA games, I didn't have that emotional drive to just dick around in the world blowing stuff up. I completed the story but I never really care about 100% completion on stuff. I still wanted to play the game and there just wasn't anything to do besides collect stuff and get 100% so I did it anyway and that was the end of that game.

If I do ever get into the mood to mess around in a GTA game though then I would want the updated version. Don't really care about PC version because whatever. PS4 version will probably be just as or nearly as good and I don't care about mods or anything. I'd rather have the ease of use of the console version.

I don't know. Unsure. Additional heists and some sort of upgrade discount would be good motivators.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RonGalaxy

I sold my ps3 copy on eBay. Maybe down the line when its cheaper I'll pick up the ps4 version. Wasn't really a fan of the story in V, but I did really love the world they created and would love to see it more properly realized on better hardware.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably won't get it on a new console. For one, I don't own one yet, but also, I'd want to get it on PC for potential mods.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neither,already sold my ps3 copy along time ago.dont want to ever buy it again.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played the story on PS3 because i knew a PS4/X1 and PC version would come 1-2 years down the road so yeah i am picking it up on PS4. The no-story thing was just an extra excuse to buy it since i buy GTA for the just madness of the open world.

I debated about getting it on PC but my work computer is also my gaming computer in my home office and i have never been a fan of desk gaming. I like to keep it lazy for gaming sessions that last 1+ hours.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll eventually get it for current gen, but I already beat it on last gen so I'm in no rush.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By wrecks

Played it on 360. Loved it. Not sure if I want to go back. Maybe PC version.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Nodima

Yep, I played through it myself twice and got about 50% of the way through a "follow traffic laws and try to socialize with all your friends as often as possible" run that revealed a ton of cool extra dialog and just things to notice about the world if you're traveling through it super slowly. I also watched my girlfriend play through the entire game over an 8 month period. A lot of the story's charm has worn off, it's a disturbingly angry game once all the jokes and surprises have worn off, but it's just so damn fun.

The main reason I plan to get it for PS4 (and will be buying it on disc) is I bought the PSN version of the game, which has many if not all of the same pop-up and world density issues as the 360 version famously did if you installed both discs of the game. I'm still a little salty the media didn't make a big stink about that since it's really the only case I can think of where a digital download version of a game performed markedly worse than it's disc counterpart, and while I've loved living all digital on PS4 I just don't want to get burned again.

But I think it's still one of the prettiest, coolest looking games I've ever played and I'll happily buy it again to have little to no pop in instead of the constant stuff I've been seeing on PS3. I'd been contemplating buying the game again on disc for months before they teased the current-gen version anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I ever double dip on this game it will probably be on PC and with a 75% Steam sale or something. I don't know, I just have no desire to play GTA V again. Maybe that will change with time.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShaggE

Double dippin' like Scottie Pippen*. (at some point... not at full price)

The extra stuff is cool and all, but my real reason for dippin' twice at half the price like Vanilla Ice* is that I always feel like it's going to eat my launch-era 360 alive, so I'd like to enjoy it without my fingers constantly crossed.

*I apologize for both of those horrendous lines**

**not really

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@nodima said:

Yep, I played through it myself twice and got about 50% of the way through a "follow traffic laws and try to socialize with all your friends as often as possible" run that revealed a ton of cool extra dialog and just things to notice about the world if you're traveling through it super slowly. I also watched my girlfriend play through the entire game over an 8 month period. A lot of the story's charm has worn off, it's a disturbingly angry game once all the jokes and surprises have worn off, but it's just so damn fun.

It's pretty mean-spirited the first time around, "Cunts of Suburbia" being an example that springs to mind.

Haven't touched my PS3 copy since I beat it, if they ever release some singleplayer DLC I'll pick up a current-gen version when cheap. Or if super cheap on a eventual steam sale.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By myke_tuna

Playing it on PC, so I picked the next-gen option.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I never finished it on 360 and ended up trading it in but I always kinda regretted it so I might grab it again on the Xbox One, although maybe not right away.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

I will likely get the PC version at some point, since I didn't play the last-gen version... but probably not right away, either.
    I'll likely wait for a Steam sale or something.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played it yet. I'll probably get the Steam version when it's cheap. Very cheap.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Milkman

These fuckers ever gonna add those online heists or what?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played through the single player on 360; going to play it again on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played it, so I'll get the PS4 version. I'll get the PC version later down the line after it goes on sale (late next year?), depending how the mods are.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pc deffinatly, im actually excited for it even though i finished it

GweedyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picking this up on the Xbox One. My 360 save got glitched some how and i can no longer progress in the story. Just gonna wait for the new version to finish the game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm not giving Rockstar another dime until the PC version is proven to be good and actually includes every feature promised. Here we are a year later and the console versions from 2013 still don't have online heists, which is one of the primary reasons I even bought GTA V for 360 in the first place.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I have an Xbox One and I really like the main game so I will replay it. ALSO HEIST COMPLAINT!!!!!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready for smoother frame rate (and hopefully less aliasing).

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't play a lot of it on PS3, but I'm willing to play it again on PC and see what the modding community can come up with.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Since it appears RockStar will not be adding any substantive single player content I figure I will just stay with the PS3 version.

I can appreciate that the graphical touches are nice, but I was really hoping the introduction of the game on PS4/XBONE would add new single player missions add more building you can enter and add more NPC characters to the single player game. I was really just hoping they would flesh out the main story a bit more and add more people to meet that has stories to tell. Cruising around a bit would be fun, but there really needs to be an incentive to jump back in the world.

The version for next gen consoles are fine fore people who have not experienced the game yet. This just my opinion, but they really have not put enough in there for last gen players to care.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mikemcn

I bought GTAV so I could play it on my roommates 360, now I can't play it at all, I want a PS4 just for this game.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kasaioni

I plaitnumed this game on PS3, but if I can transfer my character over to PC I might get it again on PC. Mostly for mods I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.