"Michael. Franklin. Trevor." Trailers releasing April 30th.

• 51 results
#1 Edited by Banshee (119 posts) -
#2 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

I don't care about the characters I wanna see the worrrrrrrrld :(

GTA is all about that open urban goodness, all other games of that type have pretty worlds that happen to be completely dead (which is substituted with good mechanics and other gimmicks, so it's fine).

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

Awesome, looking forward to it.

#4 Posted by Chaser324 (5966 posts) -

I'm looking forward to it. I'll take any piece of GTA V content that I can get, and few in the industry can cut together a better trailer than Rockstar.

#5 Posted by Snail (8470 posts) -

I probably won't be getting this game, but who knows, maybe charismatic characters will be enough to sell me on it?

#6 Posted by Banshee (119 posts) -

@officegamer: No problem. Rockstar likes to keep the game as secret as they can. They want us to be surprised by the stuff that they put in the game, because we have no clue of most of the stuff that they put it in the game.

#7 Edited by DharmaBum (1060 posts) -

Yes please.

#8 Posted by probablytuna (3444 posts) -

Should be good.

#9 Posted by jimmyfenix (3681 posts) -

HELL YEAH I NEED HELP

#10 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

I can't wait I love Grand Theft Auto

#11 Edited by Live2bRighteous (306 posts) -

I'll be looking forward to this trailer just as much as I would with a new game. Bring it.

#12 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Now 6 Days like 6 Years

#13 Edited by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

Tuesday is too far!

Currently playing GTA: Chinatown Wars and I'm dying for GTA V

#15 Edited by Andorski (5108 posts) -

Kinda makes me want to play a GTA game again. Is GTA: San Andreas any good on the PC?

#16 Posted by altairre (997 posts) -

That should be interesting. It's kinda crazy that this is a day one buy for me already eventhough I did not like GTAIV at all but Rockstar really is one of those studios.

#17 Posted by BaneFireLord (2878 posts) -

@andorski: I played through the whole game for the first time on PC last year. It generally runs really well (I had it crash several times, but I think that was on account of some mods I had installed), but there are a few oddities; for instance, you can't swim underwater unless you enable Frame Limiter and the aircraft controls are a bitch to get used to.

#18 Edited by Encephalon (1176 posts) -

Great. Looking forward to it.

#19 Posted by Banshee (119 posts) -
#20 Posted by Banshee (119 posts) -
#21 Posted by jimmyfenix (3681 posts) -
#22 Edited by Shevar (116 posts) -

I honestly can't wait for this trailer and I'm not one that gets that excited for anything trailers related.

I absolutely adored GTA IV and yes I know, I'm the anomaly here (and i'm totally cool with that).

August: Saints Row IV

September: GTA V

Good times for people like me who like their urban-open-world-sandboxy type of games.

#23 Posted by Chaser324 (5966 posts) -

@shevar said:

I absolutely adored GTA IV and yes I know, I'm the anomaly here (and i'm totally cool with that).

Don't worry, you aren't the only one. GTA IV is legitimately one of my favorite games of this generation.

#24 Posted by rickwilliams (32 posts) -

dying to see more - San Andreas is possibly my favorite game of all time, but I loved 4 too for what it was, and can't wait to see what they've done this time.

#25 Posted by mikeeegeee (1534 posts) -

@shevar said:

You aren't. The game released to universal acclaim, so, you're actually in the majority. There's quite the vocal minority when it comes to GTA IV, though.

#26 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Characters look promising from the 1st couple of trailers, the Tony Soprano guy has me really interested, a GTA character with a wife and kids has some great story potential, plus with their being 3 characters storys to tell I can see them going for quality instead of quantity with each characters story line.

#27 Posted by mosespippy (3749 posts) -

Looks like there will be a new episode of The Lazlow Show on May 2nd as well. That automatically makes me more excited* than any trailer could. It's the first time Laz has been in his studio since Sandy fucked up Long Beach. I hope he and Wayne have great stories about it.

*excited in general, not excited about the game.

#28 Posted by jimmyfenix (3681 posts) -

i wish that judge radio show is brought back in 5

#29 Posted by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) -

I hope this comes out on the next Xbox, probably won't but im hopeful

#30 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

SOON.

#31 Posted by Castiel (2420 posts) -

Woooooooooooo

#32 Posted by Dooley (169 posts) -

Is anything planned for the guys to stream them watching it and getting their reactions? Might be a good idea.

#33 Edited by Chaser324 (5966 posts) -

@dooley: I don't think they'll do anything like that, but if you're into that sort of thing, IGN will have coverage starting in about an hour that will include reactions.

You can expect some GTA V coverage of some form on Thursday or Friday with gameplay impressions from a demo that some of the GB crew got to see last week.

#34 Posted by Dooley (169 posts) -

@chaser324: yeah thats what gave me the idea. I would just much rather watch Jeff than anyone at IGN.

#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19157 posts) -

#36 Posted by jimmyfenix (3681 posts) -

HOLY SHiiT

#38 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I'm excited! Can't wait to see multiplayer as well!

#39 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

The direction Rockstar have with their games is so fucking good, that 3rd character just seems like a gift for all the people that just want crazy Saints Row gameplay back. Really interested in Michael, a GTA character with a wife\family and riches from the get go sounds pretty great, and also is his son played by Jonah Hill, looks and sounds alot like him.

#40 Edited by liquiddragon (202 posts) -

Woah, wasn't really what I was expecting but feels super refreshing. One, it looks super polished, at least from what I can tell on my tablet. Seems like it can benefit and easily be a launch title for next gen consoles. Secondly, it's unbelievably grounded. This is not the GTA we know.

#41 Posted by Live2bRighteous (306 posts) -

@liquiddragon: I don't care, "This" GTA is fucking awesome... and I can't damn wait to play the living shit out of it. :D

#42 Edited by EuanDewar (4509 posts) -

Queeeeeen

for real all of these trailers are great

#43 Posted by liquiddragon (202 posts) -

@live2brighteous: yeah, i'm on the same boat. i just meant what i said in the most literal sense.

#44 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -

Trevor seems like a fun guy. Really liked the giggle when he jumped out of the car at around :52.

#45 Edited by D_Bones (362 posts) -

Have they announced official voice actors other than Jonah hill because raspy Michael sort of sounds like Fred Savage which would be weird.

#46 Edited by Reisz (1359 posts) -

@d_bones said:

Have they announced official voice actors other than Jonah hill because raspy Michael sort of sounds like Fred Savage which would be weird.

I'm hearing a fair amount of James Woods in that VA for Trevor, no idea if I'm right.

After watching these trailers I am so on board for this. Another GTA game was more a curiosity than a genuine attention grabber for me. Until now. God. Damn.

#47 Posted by SomberOwl (508 posts) -

I still am unsure of the three protagonists angle. The game still looks absolutely amazing. It's just I really enjoyed the aspects of GTA San Andeas where you could customize your character and invest in properties and such. Those open world gameplay features really hooked me in. Being able to dress any way and get your hair cut etc. I'll have to wait and see, but I think I'm going to miss these things regardless of how good the game might turn out.

#48 Posted by LikeaSsur (1430 posts) -

Once again, Rockstar manages to make some good trailers that get me legitimately interested in the game, but I'm done playing this bait-and-switch game of "Awesome trailers, so-so game." At least their video department can be proud of what they made.

#49 Posted by Quarters (1547 posts) -

Doesn't seem to fix the issue I have with GTA, which is that I violently loathe each and every character they have.

#50 Posted by oraknabo (1426 posts) -

HOLY SHIT DAT JUGGALO!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.