Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

GH:WT Gameplay Videos

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Timma1083
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pdtecrj

Yes, this is the same guy who got both Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 early, and now he's back with Guitar Hero: World Tour videos. He plays Expert Guitar most of the time, but sometimes will be with his friend who plays medium, and in this case he will either stay with expert guitar or do expert drums

Also, for those wondering how the RB drums were going to work with GH:WT, I present you with this video, looks like instead of having one pad double as two notes, Neversoft actually made a chart to work with the 4-pads with the RB drums, very nice IMO.
    JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JohnDudebro

It's great to get a look at how they're charting this time around. It seems like it's still more complex then Rock Band, but I don't see as much overcharting as GH3. It's in a good place.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've looked at a lot of these vids and they've made me want the game a lot more than I did before. It looks like it'll be like GH2 where the set list will look mediocre on paper but fun in game. Plus the touch strip on the guitar will be just plain awesome.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By OroJackson
    BananaKid said:
    I don't see as much overcharting as GH3.."

Tell that to the 4-note chords in Hotel California
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

OroJackson said:
    "BananaKid said:

Tell that to the 4-note chords in Hotel California"
    Or the last minute and a half of Satch Boogie.  I mean, c'mon.  I fucking hate Neversoft.  I really do.
    JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JohnDudebro
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "OroJackson said:
    "BananaKid said:

Tell that to the 4-note chords in Hotel California"
    Or the last minute and a half of Satch Boogie.  I mean, c'mon.  I fucking hate Neversoft.  I really do."
    They're hammer-on holds, which isn't as big a deal.
    Also, Satch Boogie is supposed to be the hardest song in the game. On Expert, it SHOULD be crazy.
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yeah I could see Satch Boogie being trimmed down a bit, but c'mon. Most of the people who bitch about overcharting are just made because they can't beat the song. I used to be pissed off that the TTFAF intro in played on keyboard, but it could also be translated easily to guitar. And also, if we're going to blame Neversoft here, let me direct you to Harmonix on their chart of the solo in the song "Blackened" by Metallica. There's a certain section (the exact letter name escapes me) that's just a muddled mess of notes. Same could be said for the Constant Motion chart. Both of these developers are guilty of it, it's only more apparent in GH because those games are known for their difficulty.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Rock Band still Rocks

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Timma1083
    Everyones_A_Critic said:
    "Yeah I could see Satch Boogie being trimmed down a bit, but c'mon. Most of the people who bitch about overcharting are just made because they can't beat the song. I used to be pissed off that the TTFAF intro in played on keyboard, but it could also be translated easily to guitar. And also, if we're going to blame Neversoft here, let me direct you to Harmonix on their chart of the solo in the song "Blackened" by Metallica. There's a certain section (the exact letter name escapes me) that's just a muddled mess of notes. Same could be said for the Constant Motion chart. Both of these developers are guilty of it, it's only more apparent in GH because those games are known for their difficulty."
    Really? I can't beat TTFAF and I don't complain about the intro, I do however complain about how terribly charted Before I Forget was. 3's and 7's is another good example of terrible charting.

And has it ever crossed your mind that just because a solo is hard and is translated as such on a chart it doesn't mean that its overcharted? Yes Constant Motion's solo is insane, but overcharted it is not.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo

Why have they still not changed the terrible art style of Guitar Hero? The characters are so ugly to look at.

t2t2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By t2t2
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Why have they still not changed the terrible art style of Guitar Hero? The characters are so ugly to look at."
    You look at characters while playing?
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Timma1083
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Why have they still not changed the terrible art style of Guitar Hero? The characters are so ugly to look at."
    I really wish they would change the art style, I really think GH:WT's graphics aren't good at all.

Also, this may just be me, or is animations in GH:WT no where near as good in RB2? In RB2 the characters do so much more, and look a lot better doing what they do then what happens in GH:WT....do the characters even interact with each other in GH:WT?
    OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By OroJackson
    Timma1083 said:
    "Everyones_A_Critic said:
    "Yeah I could see Satch Boogie being trimmed down a bit, but c'mon. Most of the people who bitch about overcharting are just made because they can't beat the song. I used to be pissed off that the TTFAF intro in played on keyboard, but it could also be translated easily to guitar. And also, if we're going to blame Neversoft here, let me direct you to Harmonix on their chart of the solo in the song "Blackened" by Metallica. There's a certain section (the exact letter name escapes me) that's just a muddled mess of notes. Same could be said for the Constant Motion chart. Both of these developers are guilty of it, it's only more apparent in GH because those games are known for their difficulty."
    Really? I can't beat TTFAF and I don't complain about the intro, I do however complain about how terribly charted Before I Forget was. 3's and 7's is another good example of terrible charting.

And has it ever crossed your mind that just because a solo is hard and is translated as such on a chart it doesn't mean that its overcharted? Yes Constant Motion's solo is insane, but overcharted it is not."
    Exactly, if a song is hard to play, then it should be hard in the game. Not made artificially difficult due to stupid charting.

And yea that solo is FUCKING INSANE

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

OroJackson said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    "Everyones_A_Critic said:

And has it ever crossed your mind that just because a solo is hard and is translated as such on a chart it doesn't mean that its overcharted? Yes Constant Motion's solo is insane, but overcharted it is not."
    Exactly, if a song is hard to play, then it should be hard in the game. Not made artificially difficult due to stupid charting.

And yea that solo is FUCKING INSANE

"
    I bitched about Constant Motion until I saw that video a few weeks back.

I have since learned to shut my trap when it comes to all things Dream Theater.  Haha.
    JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JohnDudebro
    Timma1083 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    I really wish they would change the art style, I really think GH:WT's graphics aren't good at all.

Also, this may just be me, or is animations in GH:WT no where near as good in RB2? In RB2 the characters do so much more, and look a lot better doing what they do then what happens in GH:WT....do the characters even interact with each other in GH:WT?"
    I saw a few interactions, but honestly I don't think the visuals are something we can judge from these videos. Once we can see it for ourselves, in HD, then we'll be able to properly judge them. But off footage from a camera sat in front of a TV and posted on YouTube? That's nothing.
    Personally, I like Guitar Hero's general aesthetic (even though III's characters were pretty fucked up). Rock Band's is too slick and clean - rock and roll is not clean. Rock and roll is not shiny and smooth. Rock and roll is dirty, gritty, and kickass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.