Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Para-who?

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SgtReznor

Maybe it's because I'm Australian, so we don't quite get bombarded with EVERY American band over here - but who the hell is Paramore? I got to that gig, and some hyperactive little tomboy called Haley Williams jumps out on stage like a monkey after 5 red-bulls, and all my friends are sitting around my lougeroom shrugging their shoulders and wondering who the hell this chick is supposed to be?

Is she a popular choice for a real life character in the US?

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By joey

No, not popular.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

.....define popular.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It's called "we gotta sell to the teenage bitches."

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Dalai

Paramore... they're not bad, but not great.  I give them another year before they fall off the wagon.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By pause422
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "It's called "we gotta sell to the teenage bitches.""
    That's pretty much accurate.
    Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bonesofwar

I know a large amount of people who like them at my locale, so I guess they are.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Arkthemaniac said:
    "It's called "we gotta sell to the teenage bitches.""
    Yeah that sums it up pretty good, tho if you haven't heard of them there you have not seen nothin yet, music really is shit lately. 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

There's no point in me trying to even make a case for Paramore really. I'd bet my life that SgtReznor knows exactly who Paramore and Hayley Williams too, but the thread was an attempt at feigning ignorance so you can come across as a 'real music fan' or something.

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rorschach
    HandsomeDead said:
    "There's no point in me trying to even make a case for Paramore really. I'd bet my life that SgtReznor knows exactly who Paramore and Hayley Williams too, but the thread was an attempt at feigning ignorance so you can come across as a 'real music fan' or something."
    I wish I was SgtReznor, so I didn't have to know who Hayley Williams/Paramore is. Also, the reason that there isn't a point in making a case for Paramore is because they're kinda god awful. Kinda a lot.
    Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bonesofwar
    HandsomeDead said:
    I'd bet my life that SgtReznor knows exactly who Paramore and Hayley Williams too
    Me talk pretty one day.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Rorschach said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "There's no point in me trying to even make a case for Paramore really. I'd bet my life that SgtReznor knows exactly who Paramore and Hayley Williams too, but the thread was an attempt at feigning ignorance so you can come across as a 'real music fan' or something."
    I wish I was SgtReznor, so I didn't have to know who Hayley Williams/Paramore is. Also, the reason that there isn't a point in making a case for Paramore is because they're kinda god awful. Kinda a lot."
    I can imagine it must be such a burden to you to know there's a popular band out there you don't like. Also, the reason there's no point in making a case for them is it's totally subjective if you like them or not and GiantBomb has some of the most closed minded music fans i've ever seen.

Bonesofwar said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    I'd bet my life that SgtReznor knows exactly who Paramore and Hayley Williams too
    Me talk pretty one day."
    Great. You can point out a typo.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Rorschach said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    I wish I was SgtReznor, so I didn't have to know who Hayley Williams/Paramore is. Also, the reason that there isn't a point in making a case for Paramore is because they're kinda god awful. Kinda a lot."
    I can imagine it must be such a burden to you to know there's a popular band out there you don't like. Also, the reason there's no point in making a case for them is it's totally subjective if you like them or not and GiantBomb has some of the most closed minded music fans i've ever seen.
    You know, I'll agree with the "close-minded music fans" part, but just because that's true doesn't make Paramore a good band. Let me listen to a song of theirs to form a truly honest opinion. Recommendations?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Rorschach said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    You know, I'll agree with the "close-minded music fans" part, but just because that's true doesn't make Paramore a good band. Let me listen to a song of theirs to form a truly honest opinion. Recommendations?"
    So what makes them a bad band then? I'm particularly interested as you're asking for a recommendation and yet you're already slamming them which basically suggests you've never really heard them. But anyway, Pressure is my favourite song of there though I don't expect you to particularly like it.
    Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rorschach
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Rorschach said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    You know, I'll agree with the "close-minded music fans" part, but just because that's true doesn't make Paramore a good band. Let me listen to a song of theirs to form a truly honest opinion. Recommendations?"
    So what makes them a bad band then? I'm particularly interested as you're asking for a recommendation and yet you're already slamming them which basically suggests you've never really heard them. But anyway, Pressure is my favourite song of there though I don't expect you to particularly like it."
    If they're so awesome, why would you not expect him to like them?
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People here are not closed minded, they just happen to like the same music genres, closed minded is saying that all genres besides the one you listen to are shit. 

And Paramore is crap, there are worst bands out there, but paramore is still bad.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Rorschach said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Rorschach said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    So what makes them a bad band then? I'm particularly interested as you're asking for a recommendation and yet you're already slamming them which basically suggests you've never really heard them. But anyway, Pressure is my favourite song of there though I don't expect you to particularly like it."
    If they're so awesome, why would you not expect him to like them?"
    He's already said they're bad and judging from past music related posts, he likes nothing similar. Not that much of a stretch to imagine someone with different taste might not like a band I do.
    Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bonesofwar
    HandsomeDead said:
    He's already said they're bad and judging from past music related posts, he likes nothing similar. Not that much of a stretch to imagine someone with different taste might not like a band I do."
    Lol Pete Wentz.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Rorschach said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    I'd heard tidbits of their music, but I just assumed they were off songs of someone liked it.
    Then again, I forgot it was you. Let me try to say what the song lacked musically:

-Dynamics
    -Any kind of significant melodic progression outside the stock scalar stuff
    -Instilling emotion into the listener
    -Purpose

The last one is a biggie. It doesn't seem like they had any purpose in writing the song other than making money. Sure, people say that doing something for money isn't bad because you need money, but music is an artform, and it requires integrity. To quote a line from a spectacular movie that I always remember when I write a song, "If you were to die in five minutes and you had just one song to play to tell the world who you were and how you felt . . . you'd play the same old thing we hear on the radio every day?"

If they would, which they technically did just now since I'll never listen to them again, they aren't real musicians. They are posers.

NinjaSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By NinjaSquirrel

Heck no. Not good music. Turn the other way and run. Run as fast as you can.

addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I add to that that paramore has no lyrics, unless of course you consider high school crush problems lyrics,

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rorschach
    addictedtopinescent said:
    "Yeah I add to that that paramore has no lyrics, unless of course you consider high school crush problems lyrics,"
    Well duh, who doesn't have high school crush problems? You know, aside from people who aren't in high school...You know, like, everyone. :p
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead
    addictedtopinescent said:
    "People here are not closed minded, they just happen to like the same music genres, closed minded is saying that all genres besides the one you listen to are shit. 
    And Paramore is crap, there are worst bands out there, but paramore is still bad.
    "
    Cheers for proving my point.

Arkthemaniac said:
    "I'd heard tidbits of their music, but I just assumed they were off songs of someone liked it.
    Then again, I forgot it was you. Let me try to say what the song lacked musically:

-Dynamics
    -Any kind of significant melodic progression outside the stock scalar stuff
    -Instilling emotion into the listener
    -Purpose

The last one is a biggie. It doesn't seem like they had any purpose in writing the song other than making money. Sure, people say that doing something for money isn't bad because you need money, but music is an artform, and it requires integrity. To quote a line from a spectacular movie that I always remember when I write a song, "If you were to die in five minutes and you had just one song to play to tell the world who you were and how you felt . . . you'd play the same old thing we hear on the radio every day?"

If they would, which they technically did just now since I'll never listen to them again, they aren't real musicians. They are posers.

"
    You might be surprised to know i've never studied music or played an instruemtn so I couldn't care less about dynamics, melodic progression and all that good stuff. If I listen to it and I like it, I don't care why. The last two are, again, utterly subjective. Not every song has to be some heartfelt ballad and just because you don't know the purpose doesn't mean there isn't one.

This probably sounds far more insulting than it is, but you're not the be all and end all of music knowledge. You might remember that quote when you write a song, but I don't hear your stuff on the radio or selling out massive arenas and somehow, I doubt that in a year or two when you're 18/19, the same age as the boys and girl from Paramore, you'll be doing the same. I know that sounds like the 'You can't do it so you don't have a opinion' type of defence but when you're harping on about what music needs and you haven't sold a single record, you're coming across as amazingly egotistical.
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well It's okay to like songs when you here them, but that doesn't make them good music.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    HandsomeDead said:
    You might be surprised to know i've never studied music or played an instruemtn so I couldn't care less about dynamics, melodic progression and all that good stuff. If I listen to it and I like it, I don't care why. The last two are, again, utterly subjective. Not every song has to be some heartfelt ballad and just because you don't know the purpose doesn't mean there isn't one.

This probably sounds far more insulting than it is, but you're not the be all and end all of music knowledge. You might remember that quote when you write a song, but I don't hear your stuff on the radio or selling out massive arenas and somehow, I doubt that in a year or two when you're 18/19, the same age as the boys and girl from Paramore, you'll be doing the same. I know that sounds like the 'You can't do it so you don't have a opinion' type of defence but when you're harping on about what music needs and you haven't sold a single record, you're coming across as amazingly egotistical."
    I figured you never studied music. If you did, you'd have some more bite to your bark.
    As far as the bulk of your second paragraph, let me say this: I don't care about selling CDs and T-Shirts. I don't care about living in a nice house. That doesn't drive me. What does drive me is the desire to make a terrific song. When I'm 19, I'll be in one of the best music programs in the country, playing with and learning from masters of the craft. I would never trade that experience for my name on a showbill. It may be inconcievable to some, but I love my work, or what I plan to be my work, and I'll do it for the most paltry of wages. If I ever became a big act, I'd sell my music on the cheap, and sell the shirts on the cheap as well. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to do otherwise, unless they're tring to save money to put their children through college. Making money doesn't make you a good musician, it makes you a successful musician. Successful musicians fill the niche. Good musicians create them. I aim to be a good musician, and throw the concept of success out the window. God forbid I sell out and become a pick monkey or roothumping sonovabitch like too many.

So, in short, I don't care if they sell albums. I don't care if they're the biggest band in the world. Their audience is composed of cliquers. I'd trade a stadium of cliquers whipping their boobs out for a respected musician telling me, "Mad chops, man," preferably in a large, deep black man voice. Ask Paramore, and get back to me. I'll tell you what they'd say whenever you want to hear it.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayge_

I would FUCK Hayley Williams until the break of dawn 20 YEARS after we *started* fucking.

And that's all you need to know.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Jayge said:
    "I would FUCK Hayley Williams until the break of dawn 20 YEARS after we *started* fucking.

And that's all you need to know."
    +1.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I figured you never studied music. If you did, you'd have some more bite to your bark.
    As far as the bulk of your second paragraph, let me say this: I don't care about selling CDs and T-Shirts. I don't care about living in a nice house. That doesn't drive me. What does drive me is the desire to make a terrific song. When I'm 19, I'll be in one of the best music programs in the country, playing with and learning from masters of the craft. I would never trade that experience for my name on a showbill. It may be inconcievable to some, but I love my work, or what I plan to be my work, and I'll do it for the most paltry of wages. If I ever became a big act, I'd sell my music on the cheap, and sell the shirts on the cheap as well. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to do otherwise, unless they're tring to save money to put their children through college. Making money doesn't make you a good musician, it makes you a successful musician. Successful musicians fill the niche. Good musicians create them. I aim to be a good musician, and throw the concept of success out the window. God forbid I sell out and become a pick monkey or roothumping sonovabitch like too many.

So, in short, I don't care if they sell albums. I don't care if they're the biggest band in the world. Their audience is composed of cliquers. I'd trade a stadium of cliquers whipping their boobs out for a respected musician telling me, "Mad chops, man," preferably in a large, deep black man voice. Ask Paramore, and get back to me. I'll tell you what they'd say whenever you want to hear it.
    "
    Have you ever studied films, video games or other forms of media? If not, then surely your opinion for them is as apparently bad as mine here.

I love hearing stuff like this. I knew a guy who basically said the exact same as you there and he was the kid who sat at the back of the bus reading the music magazine telling everyone how good the Mars Volta are and how Radiohead have sold out while no one else gave him the time of day as his pompous attitude made his opinion instantly invalid. You fight the good fight and hold your head up high so when you're flipping burgers in McDonalds but playing basement gigs to 30 people, impressing them with your immense talent and allergy to money, you can say you're better than Paramore, be them a flash in the pan or not.

How do you know their entire audience is made of cliquers? And how can you say that when a huge amount of other, more 'respectable', bands have such obvious clique fans? I mean, how many million times have you heard of fans turning on a band when they get popular? Again, you just reek of pomposity.
    Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bonesofwar
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "I figured you never studied music. If you did, you'd have some more bite to your bark.

"
    Have you ever studied films, video games or other forms of media? If not, then surely your opinion for them is as apparently bad as mine here.

I love hearing stuff like this. I knew a guy who basically said the exact same as you there and he was the kid who sat at the back of the bus reading the music magazine telling everyone how good the Mars Volta are and how Radiohead have sold out while no one else gave him the time of day as his pompous attitude made his opinion instantly invalid. You fight the good fight and hold your head up high so when you're flipping burgers in McDonalds but playing basement gigs to 30 people, impressing them with your immense talent and allergy to money, you can say you're better than Paramore, be them a flash in the pan or not.

How do you know their entire audience is made of cliquers? And how can you say that when a huge amount of other, more 'respectable', bands have such obvious clique fans? I mean, how many million times have you heard of fans turning on a band when they get popular? Again, you just reek of pomposity."
    U mak gud point.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    HandsomeDead said:

How do you know their entire audience is made of cliquers? And how can you say that when a huge amount of other, more 'respectable', bands have such obvious clique fans? I mean, how many million times have you heard of fans turning on a band when they get popular? Again, you just reek of pomposity."
    You know, it's not pomposity to want to be the best that you can possibly be, and the be angry when people that don't seek perfection of their craft get all the recognition by the masses. It's something else that I've never been told the name for because it's an anti-modernamerican attitude. I'm not at all a pompous person about music. It's hard to convey myself in text, just as I'm (partly) sure you're not as much of a douche as these lifeless words show. I see a lot of evil in music today, but it's been like that for years. At any given year, there are two types of music-listeners: you and me. When the Beatles were around, you and me. When Black Sabbath come, you and me. I don't think music is dead. I think you have to be less talented to get a record deal because they cost less. 
    I know what you look for in music. Believe me. You like it to be enjoyable, right? I'm not so easily satiated, because of my musical training. Ignorance is bliss, after all. You, being ignorant (and I don't mean that offensively) of things like dynamic and chord progression and texture and all that jive require less from your music because you aren't looking for that stuff. I am always looking for that stuff, which is why I don't like Paramore. Are they catchy? Probably. Are they talented songwriters? Not really, but they'll pass? Is Hayley Williams hot? Hell yeah. Our minds are listening to different songs because our minds are different. Yours is just like the songs you like. It's straightforward and fairly A to B. Mine is like the songs I enjoy. It constantly jumps and falls. Do I think my way is better? Of course, because It's MY WAY. If I didn't think it were better, I wouldn't do it. If you check through everything I wrote, I never said that you were stupid or musically retarded for liking Paramore. If I did, I take it back. You're just ignorant (again, I don't mean that offensively. You're as ignorant to theory as I am to female anatomy BA DUM TISH) of the things that I am not ignorant of, and that puts us in different fields, and makes it impossible to have a musical conversation that doesn't involve talking about the future vocations of the nerdier one.
    SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SgtReznor
    HandsomeDead said:
    Well, in that case, you owe me your life. I honestly have no idea who Paramore are - I mean, I can look them up on Wikipedia or whatever, but I was kinda hoping to find out more what people's personal opinions are. I'm not feigning ignorance, nor have I ever claimed to be a "real music" fan. I know the type of person your'e referring to, and nobody likes those people and even worse, nobody likes being accused of being one.

But thank you for being a presumptious ass.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By Lies

You stepped pop into the middle of a vicious music fued.

But to answer the question: Paramore is a somewhat popular pop/alternative band here in the states. They do all right. Some internet weirdos like Jayge have a thing for Hayley Williams, which I imagine is a big impetus for her inclusion in the game. Their music is popular enough to warrant a song in there, but the character I'm guessing was chosen because a lot of people think she's really hot.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead
    SgtReznor said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    Well, in that case, you owe me your life. I honestly have no idea who Paramore are - I mean, I can look them up on Wikipedia or whatever, but I was kinda hoping to find out more what people's personal opinions are. I'm not feigning ignorance, nor have I ever claimed to be a "real music" fan. I know the type of person your'e referring to, and nobody likes those people and even worse, nobody likes being accused of being one.

But thank you for being a presumptious ass."
    Well, fine then. But the way you come across both here and in other music related forums did make you come across as someone pretending to be ignorant to cause flaming and whatnot. I mean, your username is SgtReznor, which makes me think you're a guy who lurves his NIN then in the Rock Band 2 forum where everyone was complaining about bands our age group isn't meant to like anyway, you were saying how HMX are missing out on 'awesome bands', it's hard to think you're innocent. But whatever.

Any time!
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By oldschool

Arguing about music is like fucking for virginity - pointless but still fun.

I think I have heard 'crushcrushcrush' by Paramore (?).  Fairly innocuous, middle of the road pop.  Neither good nor bad, but listenable.  

What I don't get is the 'fashionable' emo labelling and bashing.  All American Rejects, Panic At The Disco and My Chemical Romance put out some seriously brilliant music.  MCR will eventually seen as a great band of its time.

Adding to commentary on fans not liking 'their' band getting success - it is true.  It has been around for ever and a day.  Success equates to selling out.  It is truly the most pathetic reason for disliking a band.  The fans don't 'own' a band.  The band is entitled to play whatever musical style they like.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    oldschool said:
    What I don't get is the 'fashionable' emo labelling and bashing.  All American Rejects, Panic At The Disco and My Chemical Romance put out some seriously brilliant music.  MCR will eventually seen as a great band of its time.
    Maybe once their singer dies and someone with some sort of vowel structure takes his place, they will be good.

I hate to come off as a douche, but I can't see anything other than people ripping each other off in all three of those bands. They worry about their image too much, which is one of the biggest problems with all bands. I've yet to hear an All American Rejects song that doesn't use the "in" chord progressions. How can you make brilliant music if you just use what everyone already uses?

But, as always, there's no point in arguing. I'm in a different field as most, as I've already said.
    SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SgtReznor
    HandsomeDead said:
    Well, fine then. But the way you come across both here and in other music related forums did make you come across as someone pretending to be ignorant to cause flaming and whatnot. I mean, your username is SgtReznor, which makes me think you're a guy who lurves his NIN then in the Rock Band 2 forum where everyone was complaining about bands our age group isn't meant to like anyway, you were saying how HMX are missing out on 'awesome bands', it's hard to think you're innocent. But whatever.

Any time!"

for the record, that comment about 'awesome bands' wasn't MY opinion, I was simply trying to break-down what everyone else was whinging about - because everyone seemed to be misinterpreting what everyone else's argument was about.  Trust me, if you were to take a look at some of the tragic bands that I have in my iTunes folder, you'd understand that why I'd be the last person to try take the music-snob angle.

I didn't mean to cause so much e-drama, I really was honestly just looking for some personal opinions on the band, because I had honestly never heard of them before.

I guess that's where the internet has helped, for better or worse - if there's a particular 'sound' that you like, the internet makes it way easier these days to look for other bands that are like that and get some kind of almost cult following, but for everyone else, it also makes it easy to avoid (especially when you live in a country that hasn't really been exposed to that particular band). The downside on that I guess is when, as this thread has demonstrated, when someone comes along and asks about said band, everyone gets up in arms about "OMG, HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW!?!? YOU IS CAUSING DRAMAZ!!! TROLL!LOL!" type shit.
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By HazBazz

I know quite a few people here in England who like Paramore, so I guess they're kinda popular

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pause422

Paramore is shit, but as Jayge said, Hailey is so fuckable.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By dsplayer1010

They seem to be popular amongst teenage girls in my town

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead
    SgtReznor said:
    "HandsomeDead said:

Any time!"

for the record, that comment about 'awesome bands' wasn't MY opinion, I was simply trying to break-down what everyone else was whinging about - because everyone seemed to be misinterpreting what everyone else's argument was about.  Trust me, if you were to take a look at some of the tragic bands that I have in my iTunes folder, you'd understand that why I'd be the last person to try take the music-snob angle.

I didn't mean to cause so much e-drama, I really was honestly just looking for some personal opinions on the band, because I had honestly never heard of them before.

I guess that's where the internet has helped, for better or worse - if there's a particular 'sound' that you like, the internet makes it way easier these days to look for other bands that are like that and get some kind of almost cult following, but for everyone else, it also makes it easy to avoid (especially when you live in a country that hasn't really been exposed to that particular band). The downside on that I guess is when, as this thread has demonstrated, when someone comes along and asks about said band, everyone gets up in arms about "OMG, HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW!?!? YOU IS CAUSING DRAMAZ!!! TROLL!LOL!" type shit.
    "
    Fair enough, just combining the two different things together made you look like a guy who posts on another forum I do and every few months he'll be like 'So, who are these Pussycat Dolls? I'm too busy hitting up obscure local bands to have heard of them!'

The internet thing is part of it too. Maybe i'm just too far on the right side of scene but even bands I don't listen to but are popular are on my radar because they're always mentioned on buzznet, MySpace etc and I was under the assumption that Paramore were everywhere, hence why I assumed Hayley was even featured in the game in the first place. I mean, i've never heard anything by Zakk Wylde, or didn't before the game and I still knew who he was and what he does. And it's not like my vehemence is just because i'm a Paramore fan, it's a combination of everything i've said.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.