Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

What do you think of the setlist so far?

Burden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Burden

I'm torn because I was really rooting for this game, at first it looked like Neversoft was really going the distance instead of just copying Rock Band.  However I'm not digging this setlist nearly as much as the Rock Band 2 list.  Any other thoughts?

nymets819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By nymets819

i like RB2's more. but since RB instruments work with this game, i may just pick up the game itself and drums another time. maybe the whole bundle. still undecided

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JohnDudebro

I kind of feel like Rock Band 2 falls into the Guitar Hero II trap, with good artists doing okay songs. Guitar Hero has more instant classics--we got Crazy Train, Purple Haze, Hotel California, and Heartbreaker, which are all pretty much signature songs. There's a lot to that.

I do think both lists disappoint, but Guitar Hero's is a little better.

Also? Van Halen. I'm sad to say I have to give an instant win to Guitar Hero just for having Van Halen.

Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
    Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vash_The_Stampede

It needs more Cowbell!!

caption
    caption
    fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By fryedrycestyle

I'm not impressed by World Tour's so far... only a few highlights like Beat It and Crazy Train. I'll still get the game but Rock Band 2's setlist is far superior right now.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AvD

I think it's still up in the air until the entire list is released but so far there is a lot to be excited about, The Mars Volta song is going to rock, The Doors and The Eagles songs are great, Smashing Pumpkins, System of a Down, Metallica, Korn, Tool is rumored which would be amazing...  oh yeah, and Beat It is a nice touch.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BananaKid said:
    "I kind of feel like Rock Band 2 falls into the Guitar Hero II trap, with good artists doing okay songs. Guitar Hero has more instant classics--we got Crazy Train, Purple Haze, Hotel California, and Heartbreaker, which are all pretty much signature songs. There's a lot to that.

I do think both lists disappoint, but Guitar Hero's is a little better.

Also? Van Halen. I'm sad to say I have to give an instant win to Guitar Hero just for having Van Halen."
    God, I rue Hot For Teacher.....

Well, World Tour was somewhat instantly sunk when Tangled Up In Blue was announced for RB2. Jimi Hendrix will be really awesome, though.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Timma1083

For every good song on GH:WT's list, there's one that I look at and say Meh. While yeah, I can do the same thing for RB2's list, RB2's list just suits me more. There's just more on RB2's list I like (Mastadon, Judas Priest, Metallica [Battery is better then Trapped Under Ice], Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Soundgarden, Grateful Dead, Kansas, Rush, Journey, RATM, and I like most of the bonus songs), GH:WT Really doesn't have nearly that much stuff I like.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SSbabel

I have no problem with the current artists and songs but there is one bands i would of liked to see included in the list. Offspring, why Offspring you say because they helped pioneer punk.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Farley_Lives

Yeah I really think this year's release's are gonna vary on people's taste. The 2 Games are almost identical now in terms of gameplay. I think timma states the obvious saying that some games are gonna be better suited for different people. I myself have mannaged to continue to like GH and I Really do like the Set list, I mean come on GH:WT has 311 in it that's instawin for me.

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GameFreak315

Hmm...well, I don't know a lot of the songs, and I kind of like that.  It's cool to sightread songs by ear and discover which ones I like the first time around, and there are enough names that I do know that'll help me dive in.  Looking at Guitar Hero III's setlist at first before buying it, I was kind of indifferent, but it turned out really well.  ^_^

BranDong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By BranDong

Set list is highly disappointing...   Where the hell is Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue,  DethKlok, Gwar, Dream Theatre, Dragon Force and more..................  where are all the cool bonus song bands? 

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Manks

I like most of the songs on this set list more than Rock Band 2.  There are only about 5 songs in RB2 that I care about, so I'll buy the bundle for GH: World Tour and rent Rock Band 2.  

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kaycon11

I pre-ordered GHWT band kit, I think it is better than RB2. But I will be picking up RB2 since the world tour instruments will work with it. Also, Don't forget, this game also has Mr.Crowley, About a Girl, Too Much Too Young Too Fast, La Bamba, and The Joker. Those are some songs that will surprise alot of people because they won't know what they are or have forgotten about them.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

There's only one song on the setlist that I care about that isn't in Rock Band 2; Shiver by Coldplay. That's an awesome song and it actually fits for Rock Band/Guitar Hero.
    The song's up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGhauTPpSJo

I've never heard Tool before, so I should try to listen to them sometime.

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kaycon11

And there is Sweet Home Alabama live, I did not even see that, I had to check the list on gamestop to make sure, but yeah, it's there, there are all kinds of songs in this game and lots that will surprise alot of people, trust me, the guitar hero world tour set list is way better than RB2. Also, don't foo foo on MJ's Beat it, go listen to it, it has a great guitar riff and an awesome solo, plus the song should be fun to sing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.