Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gun Monkeys

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 28, 2013

Gun Monkeys is a procedurally generated multiplayer-only one-on-one platform-shooter featuring monkeys and guns. It is developed by Size Five Games, makers of Ben There, Dan That and Privates.

A Multiplayer Game Isn't Much Fun Without Multiple Players

• 56 results
    Killaclause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Killaclause

I have been playing this for a little bit now too and it is hard to get a game. Every time I play I think it is a lot of fun but waiting in-between for a game or playing the same person over and over gets a little old.

jacobgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jacobgray

I'm one of those people that finds absolutely no value in PVP games. My work life is stressful enough, and most of the time I play games to relax. Anything "multiplayer-only" is a non-starter, as I don't need the stress of a deathmatch game, and I can only sometimes find fun in co-op games, as I generally don't want to have to rely on other people to make a game fun. When I want interaction with friends, that's what real life is for.

HockeyJohnston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I pretty much exclusively play multiplayer games. But a player population that hasn't hit critical mass (Showdown Effect, Worms, etc.) can be a hassle to deal with. F2P in the DotA2 vein is the way to go.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By AURON570

Or... they could go free to play and add hats... #kappa

cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

See? This is why indie devs are loved, and why big companies are shunned like an Ewok with AIDS.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By Trilogy

I've never even heard or seen this this game before until this article. Maybe that's a part of the problem?

Either way, I think it's a pretty cool strategy to give a copy of the game away with every purchase. A lot of my friends have been handing me steam copies of recent 4 packs of multiplayer games that they've purchased. (natural selection 2, worms, castle crashers, ect). There's something to the whole "geting a pack of games and handing them out to my friends" thing. I think it's a good way to spread word about your game. People like me are more likely to play a game if I'm playing it with some buddies.

Multiplayer is awesome!

Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I feel like if Towerfall was released on PC, this is what would have happened. Instead it was released on the Ouya. This is where Ouya shines, I think. Local multiplayer. Towerfall has made a name for itself because of this.

Now when Towerfall hits the PC, it will already have a community of fans required to make a multiplayer game successful.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading this article I was curious enough to buy a copy, especially since I could give the extra code away to a friend who enjoys these types of games.

I can confirm that nobody plays this game. I've tried many times to find a match (different times of day and days of the week) and nothing. The Steam chat group is barren and my friend, a casual gamer, hasn't found the time to set up a match.

This game looks fun but the game design logic is flawed in so many ways that I regret my purchase. The game doesn't have controller support, something this style of frenetic platformer needs. I would also argue with the game devs assertion that he couldn't put in practice matches. I don't need my practice match to be procedurally generated, just an example map with bots would be fine. Maybe that would mean programming bot AI, but you need to teach people the game, right now it doesn't even have a tutorial. At this point I've had it a week and don't know how to play it and haven't seen it in action outside of web videos.

I don't know if this type of game has a life on its own. It would be much more appropriate in some type of Sportfriends anthology package.

Enigma_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So the only mode available is multiplayer? Hmmm... maybe you shouldn't have solely focused on it.

noibn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I was one of the early adopters who paid full price and tried playing when absolutely no one else was ever online... I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that because of that experience, I completely understand why he did this, and I commend him for it. It's exactly what was needed in order for Gun Monkeys to have any chance whatsoever of being successful (as a game, not financially). I haven't played the game in a while, but hopefully it is now doing better due to the changes, because it had potential.

My main issue is that even with this price drop, I think the price is still too high. There just isn't enough to the game to justify anything higher than that, and it kind of gets old pretty quickly regardless. The price should be under $5 and come with an extra copy, or at the very least should have some type of single player component. Just my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.