Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life

Franchise »

A celebrated series of award-winning FPS games which has consistently pushed the limits and expectations of the first-person shooter genre since its inception.

Kessler Kam: The Great Half-Life Debate

• 102 results
    Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

Matt's got a beard goin!

FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By FireSketch

Half Life 2 remains one of my favourite games of all time. The level design is varied, it still looks great and it has unique gameplay mechanics, like the gravity gun. And you're a crazy person, Matt. The shooting feels great. It would have been nice to have an episode every six months but Valve are perfectionists.

Anyway, you're right, it's a six year old game. Valve have learned a lot since then, look at L4D2 and Portal 2!

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By ectoplasma

Honestly, your beard scares me!

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Waffles13

I have such fond memories of Half-Life 2, except that every time I go back to it (on a basically yearly basis), I get to Ravenholm, I turn the game off for the day, and I don't turn it back on. I love that part of the game, but it's at a point 4-ish hours in where I just don't care enough to finish it - and honestly, I think the late game City 17 stuff is awesome.

There is something about that game where my mental image is awesome, and I thoroughly playing it, but I ALWAYS burn out, and I can NEVER finish it. 

Also, I'll reiterate my point from the Starcraft trailer comments: Fuck Valve, and fuck Blizzard. They make great games, but no where near great enough to justify their ridiculous release schedules. 

Flame on!

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By zaglis

Rorie was the only sane person in this video.  
     Such BULLSHIT from this video:
    ''Ep2 a disappoint''
    ''HL2 not worth the praise''
    ''HL2 shooting engine sucks'' ...FUCK YOU.
    I hate GB from now on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.